My complaint to PTA regarding PTCL DSL

Dear Sir/Madam,

With reference to captioned subject unfortunately i am a DSL subscriber of PTCL because no other ISP provides DSL services on ONU(Fiber Optic Land Line) . Your kind attentions are required regarding complaint lodging procedure of PTCL. Its really pain to call 1218 and hold for hours and hours to talk to call attendant.Please note minimum call waiting time is half an hour in off peak hours and more than one hour in peak hours.There is no law regarding this malpractice of PTCL and ill handling of customers ??????.Moreover customers complaints are closed without any intimation and solution.My internet is not working since many weeks and i have lodged countless complaints on 1218 but in vain.Every Customer representative told me different false stories by days and nights and assured me it will be working soon.Tonight i called again for follow up of my complaint and to my surprise and anger Mr. Ali inform me that there is no such complaint in there record about my DSL problem.This is really unethically and unprofessional behavior of PTCL.

Being a law enforcing body please look into this matter and advice PTCL to submit a proper complaint handling procedure and manual to PTA so that customers are not ill handled. Please also advice the concerns to take necessary actions for continuation of Internet service.

Thanks and Regards

They will entertain your complaint :D

i dont complain on website of PTA ,I have few email addresses of higher concerns in PTCL and PTA and i got countless calls from ptcl since morning and they apologize for inconvenience and assured my net will be fixed till today evening......

Mind if you share few emails with me :P PM me

I never had to wait that long on 1218. (I am feeling lucky there) ;)

But they never solved (or even understood) my problem either :P

(That's another story)

Reply From PTA

The matter of poor customer services at M/s PTCL's end is noted with concern by this office. Please be assured that PTA vide its Consumer Protection Regulations 2009 has already notified the procedure for lodging of consumer complaints at telecom Licensees' end.

The said Regulations are placed on PTA's website www.pta.gov.pk for information of general consumers. Meanwhile we have pursued your complaint with the operator regarding disruption in services. You shall be intimated on the redressal measures accordingly.

Regards

1. Kindly take immediate action to redress the issues relating to repeated faults/disruption in services for the enclosed number in attached complaint/email please. Compliance report on the matter shall be forwarded to this office by 06 April 2010 please.

2. Copy of all correspondence/reports related to the complaint will be endorsed to the complainant and this office by the stipulated date. Your endeavor in expeditious and logical resolution of the grievance to the complainant's satisfaction will be valued.

Regards

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i dont complain on website of PTA ,I have few email addresses of higher concerns in PTCL and PTA and i got countless calls from ptcl since morning and they apologize for inconvenience and assured my net will be fixed till today evening…
[/quote]

Complaint to PTA about your service provider (PTCL) is 101% use of your words. I also complained about over charged bill few months ago after found no way to re-correct through local authorities, and they solved it within 2 days and you also have to be sure now it will be done by as they say !

Well, that's great.

Let's see if your get your problem resolved ...

sallam guys..............my connection has just changed to 2m. u know what was the trick. i complained via PTA. and with in one night it has been changed. the ptcl guy call me that "ap ki complain higher authorties tak phonch gai hai, plz tell me ur addresss mey abi banda bijwata hon" lol.....................but my issue has been solved...my download speed 230+ kB...

so guys the trick is PTA....................

btw i waited 5 months to resolve my issue...i did almost 200 complain to ptcl..but no response..PTA did it in 2 days...jiye PTA

ty

zeeshan baloch

1. Kindly take immediate action to redress the issues relating to repeated faults/disruption in services for the enclosed number in attached complaint/email please. Compliance report on the matter shall be forwarded to this office by 06 April 2010 please.

2. Copy of all correspondence/reports related to the complaint will be endorsed to the complainant and this office by the stipulated date. Your endeavor in expeditious and logical resolution of the grievance to the complainant’s satisfaction will be valued.

Regards

[/quote]

PTA and PTCL are as dumb as any other governmental organisation. Its useless to even think that PTA is going to take any action. I have done that so many times and every time I was replied" Deat Sir, we have recieved your complaint and we assure you that every effort would be made to solve your problem". But that never happened. I believe PTCL needs to be completely privatized in order to make it good organisation. In that case whatever happens, at least there would be competetion. And if these lousy a*** continue to work this way, some better company would certainly take their place. At least government would not be at their back…

atif_khan: PTA kicks them hard.They take strict actions.They fine them heavily :D The fine starts from 1 lakh and above.

Atif the reviews I've read so far are very much in favour of PTA. They really do take quick action on complaints. You seem to be an exception. Oh well, things are not perfect even in the West!

Why not try again? Give as much detail as possible in your complaint.

its always fruitful to complain PTA ........once ptcl wrongly disconnected my line for non payment....and i lodged complain to pta and claimed for compensation for unlawful blockage of line ....u know guys what was the result....they talk to each in every member of my family....and apologize please forgive us...plz sign letter of satisfactions.....itni mintain ki k plz hamain maaaf kar dain ainda kuch nahi hoga hamari jobs challi jain geee lol....then my mother ask me plz forgive them.....so guys PTA take action against all companies....the thing is u should write to right persons and authorities...

Thats true,Complaint to PTA about PTCL ill services is just like "PTCL k sar par jottey marna"

so to "atif_Khan" if you have any complaint about PTCL just refer to this site and fill the complaint form. I bet you will get response within 24 hours !!

its always fruitful to complain PTA …once ptcl wrongly disconnected my line for non payment…and i lodged complain to pta and claimed for compensation for unlawful blockage of line …u know guys what was the result…they talk to each in every member of my family…and apologize please forgive us…plz sign letter of satisfactions…itni mintain ki k plz hamain maaaf kar dain ainda kuch nahi hoga hamari jobs challi jain geee lol…then my mother ask me plz forgive them…so guys PTA take action against all companies…the thing is u should write to right persons and authorities…
[/quote]

WTF !! ATTENSION ALL MEMBERS

Zardari ki beti tashreef laaati hai…

@ Koder....Yeah Lolz :)

Ehti I have again registered a complaint, lets see what happens......Am not too hopefull though :(

@ Aleena n TeraBite

Just on the lighter side, don't yout think, had PTA been that effective we would still be facing these problems with PTCL??

Both of these are not new to us, and it doesn't take centuries to resolve most common issues. What one needs is professionalism and dedication. Unfortunately am yet to see that in PTCL people at least.

Though I had been their customer back in 08, yet they have maintained that record uptill now and timely intimate their customers.....Have you ever had this type of mail from PTCL too?

Dear Valued Customer,

Micronet has scheduled essential maintenance work of its Network in F-11 Exchange from:

12:00 AM to 03:00 AM Sunday, April 04, 2010

Kindly note that customers will face disruption in Internet services during this maintenance activity.

Please also note that duration for which services will remain disrupted for each customer is not expected to exceed 20 minutes during this maintenance activity.

Micronet apologizes for any inconvenience you may suffer due to this essential maintenance work.

Best Regards,

Manager

Technical Assistance Center

Micronet Broadband Pvt. Ltd.

Islamabad

Well...

to all who had faith in PTA, 48 hours gone now and yet no reply...even for recieving my complaint....I don't know how were you people that optimistic about this pathetic PTA...

Seems odd. I don't have any personal experience with PTA, my opinion was based on others' reviews. Perhaps those who did get replies from them may be able to explain further, as to what to do next.

I got several calls from different authorities of PTCL since the day i lodged complaint but my internet was not working properly and issue was not resolved. Today i got call from PTA about my complaint and told them whole story....within one hour of that call i received various calls again from PTCL head office...two persons arrived at my house and checked my line changed all ports from back end changed my crappy shiro modem with zte 831 series and now my internet is working like charm .....i am getting 230kb speed on my 2mb connection....they also request me to sign a letter of satisfaction in the name of Director PTA that my issue is resolved and i am satisfied with PTCL..:)

Following are my line stats

ADSL Mode Setup Auto Sync-Up Annex Type Setup ANNEX A/L

Current ADSL Mode ADSL2 PLUS Current Annex State ANNEX_A

ADSL Up Time 2:09:46 System Up Time 2:10:16

Downstream Rate 2048 Upstream Rate 507

Latency Type Fast Line Coding trellis on

SNR Margin US/DS 24.0 / 36.0 Line Attenuation US/DS 14.1 / 25.0

Power US/DS 11.3 / 18.3 Attainable Down Speed 20868

Link Up Times 1 Line State Showtime