My 800W Solar System With Pics

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:20, topic:22022”]

for the safe side you can use 1040 watts of panel (total) and u can use more than this too but with a trick and that is not safe for the beginners .

i m using http://i.imgur.com/2nEk0zI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZuMRUMz.jpg

price per fan is 8500 Rupees

[/quote]

fan looking good...which trick becaz i want to add 2 panel more in my system?can i use this ups for dc celing fan?

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:17, topic:22022”]

if you really want to enjoy this system for years , replace the AC fans to DC fans , m using 27 DC fans in my home alhamdoLILLAH on solar , each consumes 30 watts and the RPMs are same as the normal AC fan .
your controller 4210 maximum supports 100vlts DC (open circuit) , u will get some more power if you connect all your panels to series OR parallel seies (keep in mind the total VoC should not go beyond 100 volts Dc) you will get about 35 watts more by this setup . its a nice idea to put your charge controller little away from the heat of UPS , because this controller doesnt have a builtin fan to make it cool so it is wise to hook this C/C in an airy environment .
Hope you didnt cut the MC4 connectors of the panels . or Did you :( ??

Also buy a MT5 meter for this controller and you will get the upto date readings from that including the charging current / batteries temp and state of charge SoC , and many more things , i m using mt5 with this charge controller and with others too .

m available to give good advice without any charge and bad intention at all :)

good luck brother .

[/quote]
How does an MC4 connector looks like?

And don’t you think the wire from the solar panels to c/c should be a DC wire rather than A/C as it is in the shown setup.?

I am planning to get such a setup. What things do you think i should keep in my mind while buying the setup?

[quote=“zulfiali86, post:21, topic:22022”]

fan looking good...which trick becaz i want to add 2 panel more in my system?can i use this ups for dc celing fan?

[/quote]

yes u can run these fans from ups but u need to use laptop wala charger (14 to 18 volts tak ka) and then the output of that charger will go in the fan , these fans have builtin voltage regulator so no need to worry about frying :) , i think u asked about the panels in personal msg too , i have replied there . plz chk .

[quote=“wasim625, post:22, topic:22022”]

How does an MC4 connector looks like? And don't you think the wire from the solar panels to c/c should be a DC wire rather than A/C as it is in the shown setup.? I am planning to get such a setup. What things do you think i should keep in my mind while buying the setup?

[/quote]

MC4 connectors ---- https://www.google.com/search?q=MC4+connector&newwindow=1&safe=off&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=CqUnVdS7N47fav_9gbgK&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1164&bih=552

DC wire should b use in DC applications , all the wires should b DC .

you should several things in ur mind b4 buying panels / c/c / batteries / wiring / place to install / thora bohat electronics know how / the total load / time u will b on solar / UPS / things that u will run on ups / bla bla and Bla .....

Let us know the load that u want to run on solar / budget / do u have ample amount of sunlight at ur premises / place ?

would love to help .

Nadeem Ahmed

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:23, topic:22022”]

yes u can run these fans from ups but u need to use laptop wala charger (14 to 18 volts tak ka) and then the output of that charger will go in the fan , these fans have builtin voltage regulator so no need to worry about frying :) , i think u asked about the panels in personal msg too , i have replied there . plz chk .

[/quote]

ok thx..please can u share pics ur full solar system with details?

i got ur msg

shopkeeper told me i can add 1200watts in this cantoler...

[quote=“zulfiali86, post:25, topic:22022”]

ok thx..please can u share pics ur full solar system with details?

i got ur msg

shopkeeper told me i can add 1200watts in this cantoler...

[/quote]

if u will add 1200 watts ( i m repeating the word WATTS) then you will get error msg and the charging system will turned off once it will get more than 1040 watts to 1080 watts input from your panels (usually peak time of sunshine around 1:30 to 2:30 pm)

rest the choice is yours .

well actually u will never get more than 60% of installed in summer and u will never use so much in winter so adding another 2000 will not create issue but will give u stable availability.

i have 2145 watts connected to TS-MPPT 45 MorningStar and has no issue at all. main thing your current should not go more than 35A. a good controller will clip current and control at max rating.

^ Tufail is absolutely right..

So whats up with the solar panel installers cutting the MC4 connectors from the panels. Is this OK to do that? Any problems faced cutting them?

I also heard cutting that mc4 connector also voids the warranty of the panel sheets.

They are also using AC wires where as the power from the panels is DC. is it oka to do that?

[quote=“tufail_74, post:27, topic:22022”]

well actually u will never get more than 60% of installed in summer and u will never use so much in winter so adding another 2000 will not create issue but will give u stable availability.

i have 2145 watts connected to TS-MPPT 45 MorningStar and has no issue at all. main thing your current should not go more than 35A. a good controller will clip current and control at max rating.

[/quote]

Tufail is means i can add more panel on my cantroler?

when connecting multiple panels in series and parallel, there are always instances where one connector is joined and the other is cut to extend the cable to reach the other panel.. it is a necessity, and usually doesnot void waranty..

[quote=“wasim625, post:29, topic:22022”]

So whats up with the solar panel installers cutting the MC4 connectors from the panels. Is this OK to do that? Any problems faced cutting them? I also heard cutting that mc4 connector also voids the warranty of the panel sheets. They are also using AC wires where as the power from the panels is DC. is it oka to do that?

[/quote]

Mostly, these installers don’t have proper connectors, adapters and crimping tools so they do jugaars. It is definitely not OK. Any legitimately professional installer shouldn’t need to cut the connectors off but here, ‘sub chalta hai!’ mentality prevails. IIRC, all these connectors, when properly engaged are watertight and so safe from oxidation/degradation due to environmental effects.

Wire is wire, varying in strand count, gauge, etc. Regarding use of wiring typically used for AC voltage, it depends on the current rating, length of wire used and wire flexibility required. It can work in limited cases but isn’t generally advised.

[quote=“zulfiali86, post:30, topic:22022”]

[/quote]

Yes you can add more panels untill your actual current goes more than 35A.

If your system 24V then going upto 1500watts will possibly be within limits

1500 * 0.6 = 900watts

900/24 = 37.5 A

|So with a 24V system your 1500watts will gives you less than 37Amp. BTW 60% is still on higher side, i usually get around 52-55% in summer. So go to 1500watts if you afford and get maximum possible benefit from your charge controller and panels.

[quote=“tufail_74, post:33, topic:22022”]

1500 * 0.6 = 900watts

900/24 = 37.5 A

|So with a 24V system your 1500watts will gives you less than 37Amp. BTW 60% is still on higher side, i usually get around 52-55% in summer. So go to 1500watts if you afford and get maximum possible benefit from your charge controller and panels.

[/quote]

can i use 205 watts panel ..i have already 4 panel 200watts but i want to add 205watts candian panel?can i use 2 different compnies panel on my ccc?some one telll me if iam using 200watts panel then i can not use 205watts panel on mppt cc even i can not use different compnies panel ...

[quote=“tufail_74, post:33, topic:22022”]

1500 * 0.6 = 900watts

900/24 = 37.5 A

[/quote]

so what the maximux amps u get in winter .... ?

i get 0.5-3 amps max :P

similar powered system :(

Thankyou so much
for such a detailed and reason-based answer. [quote=“tufail_74, post:33, topic:22022”]

1500 * 0.6 = 900watts

900/24 = 37.5 A

[/quote]
Can you please explain these calculations you made.
Thanx in advance

So as i am new to solar panel world. Whats the difference between a PWM charge controller and MPPT charge controller?

PWM (pulse width modulation)

MPPT (maximum power point tracking)

both are charge controllers , but the way of charging is different ,

MPPT are smarter , expensive (initial cost) and ability to work in a versatile way .

PWMs are old fashioned and loose hefty amount of solar panels power but mppt ones utilizes all the power of solar panels to put into battery bank.

if ur system is more than 400 watts you should go for mppt c/c .

mentioned above was a basic difference .

to understand the real and detailed difference u need to know about the solar panels data / output / and so many other things first .

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:36, topic:22022”]

i get 0.5-3 amps max :P

similar powered system :(

[/quote]

[quote="nadeem5476, post:39, topic:22022"]

PWM (pulse width modulation)

MPPT (maximum power point tracking)

both are charge controllers , but the way of charging is different ,

MPPT are smarter , expensive (initial cost) and ability to work in a versatile way .

PWMs are old fashioned and loose hefty amount of solar panels power but mppt ones utilizes all the power of solar panels to put into battery bank.

if ur system is more than 400 watts you should go for mppt c/c .

mentioned above was a basic difference .

to understand the real and detailed difference u need to know about the solar panels data / output / and so many other things first .

[/quote]

can i use 205 watts panel ..i have already 4 panel 200watts but i want to add 205watts candian panel?can i use 2 different compnies panel on my ccc?some one telll me if iam using 200watts panel then i can not use 205watts panel on mppt cc even i can not use different compnies panel ...