Music Help! Urdu Translation + Tabla Tutor?

Not sure if this would fall within the scope of this community, but since I have seen nearly everything under the sun answered enthusiastically within these forums, I thought I'd give it a shot:

(1) Can any one provide a general translation for Amanat Ali Khan's Insha Jee Utho. Where I understand urdu and can speak well enough to get by comfortably in Pakistan, the intricacies escape me (my first language is english). So if anyone can provide a literal or descriptive, translation for the ghazal it would be great (I've got a rough idea anyway).

(2) Does any one know where I can find a decent, non-exorbitantly expensive Tabla tutor within the defence area? I know there is one available in PECHS, but the trek is just too ardous between Defence and PECHS to undertake 2-3 times a week. I would be more than happy to have the tutor come across to my place, as long as they show up on time (I fired the first guy on the spot after he showed up three hours late to the first lesson).

For the curious, my interests in music are very diverse, they range from ambient chill music (cafe del mar, anoushka shankar, buddha bar) to smooth jazz (brian culbertson etc...) to singer-songwriters (david gray, amos lee, alexi murdoch etc...) and some Pakistani artists like Junoon, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (I like the sufi, existentialist lyrics) and other classical artists.

I just find the tabla beats so infectious, it can mimic the slow beating of a heart to the exhilarating sounds of a stallion at full stretch. I didn't have the chance to learn how to play because I've spent the last 25 odd years outside of Pakistan and now that I am here, its just something thats been stuck on my to-do list for quite a while =)

i found the lyrics online

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
insha ji utho

aab koch karo

is shehar main ji ko lagana kiya

insha ji utho

ab koch karo

weshi ko sakoon se kiya matlab

weshi ko sakoon se kiya matlab

jogi ka nagar main thikana kiya

insha ji utho

aab koch karo

insha ji utho

aab koch karo

is dil kay darida daman main

dekho to sahi socho to sahi

is dil kay darida daman main

dekho to sahi socho to sahi

jis jholi main so chayd hoay

jis jholi main so chayd hoay

us jholi ka phaylana kiya

insha ji utho

aab koch karo

insha ji utho

aab koch karo

shab beti chand bhi doob chala

shab beti chand bhi doob chala

zanjeer pari darwazay main

kion dair gaey gher aey ho

kion dair gaey gher aey ho

sajni se karo bahana kiya

insha ji utho

aab koch karo

insha ji utho

aab koch karo

jab shehar k log na rasta dain

kion bun main na ja bisraam karay

jab shehar k log na rasta dain

kion bun main na ja bisraam karay

diwano ki si na baat karay

diwano ki si na baat karay

to aur karay diwana kiya

insha ji utho

aab koch karo

insha ji utho

aab koch karo

wehshi ko sakoon se kiya matlab

wehshi ko sakoon se kiya matlab

jogi ka nagar main thikana kiya

insha ji utho

aab koch karo

insha ji utho

aab koch karo

[/quote]

I love it. I gotta find an mp3 of this...

I wanted a literal translation from urdu ---> english, but thanks for the lyrics.

The mp3s are available all over the place. FM420.com seems to have a few.

Cheers

thanks alot Raza. Amanat Ali Khan is the best!

thats difficult to translate

lol specially, jis jholi main so chayd hoay

one can try to explain the meaning of that but transalate ?? at least i cant :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

thats difficult to translate

lol specially, jis jholi main so chayd hoay

one can try to explain the meaning of that but transalate ?? at least i cant :P

[/quote]

literal meaning or the intended meaning? Cuz that’s the problem of Urdu poetry. In the good old school days, ‘Tashreeh’ used to reveal so many things which one couldn’t even think of, coming out of just a couple of lines. Though Ibn-e-Insha is known for (besides other things) his use of simple language in poetry.

Wonderful post... Very informational and educational as usual!

really nice translation, i really like it and its really heart touching, thanks to share with us