[quote=“champion-7891, post:, topic:”]
Cutting it short, i need a powerful PC…core i7, 800+ SPs GPU etc…now i need to decide between a desktop and a laptop since portability is important…I had ASUS G73 (or G74 wich is abt to be released) in mind…however, recently ive been thinking that it would be better to get a Desktop + laptop combo (i had the new HP probooks in mind)…it would be both cheaper and more powerful so ur comments on this would be appreciated…
As far as the desktop is concerned, i have the following questions:
1) i5 2500 v i7 2600: i mean, r the four extra threads worth the 6k difference
2) K version or non K version?
3) assuming i do get the K version, will i need P67 to make benefit of it or wud the cheaper H67 work? (referring to overclocking)
4) 4 v 8 GB RAM?
5) suggestions on PSU and casing (i had the Antec 600 in mind for the casing ~ 6k on galaxy looks gud).
6) am opting for XFX 6950 1GB…atm its listed as cheaper than 6870 on galaxy, and it beats the more expensive GTX 560 Ti in most benches. comments?
7) LCD or LED? any suggestions there? requirement is 1080p (or 1200 p if possible,)<=2ms response time, and range around 20k
Thanks in advance for help!
1. I would recommend i5 2500 as its the cheaper solution. Even now a days, a core 2 quad is enough for gaming so i7 2600 won’t be of any real use unless the main purpose of the rig is not gaming.
2. K version if you are going to overclock & non-K if you won’t be overclocking.
3. P67 chipset supports overclocking while H67 DOESN’T. I would recommend getting MSI P67A C-43 from Astrontech. It would cost you about RS. 10,200
4. 8 GB Ram. Get G.SKILL RIPJAWSX from Iamextreme RS. 10,000. Its better & cheaper than Corsair Vengeance.
5a. You have a couple of choices for PSU:
*Xigmatek NRP-MC 702 from Iamextreme for Rs. 10,000
*Thermaltake TPX-775MPCEU from Galaxy for Rs. 12,800
*Corsair TX850 from Galaxy for Rs. 12,000
All 3 of them are great PSU’s, check reviews online. Please note that the first 2 are modular while the corsair one is non-modular. Xigmatek one is best bang for buck.
5b. Antec 600 is cheaper on Iamextreme though I would suggest Xigmatek Elysium over Antec 600. Elysium casing is just pure awesomeness & another plus point is that it costs 4k less than Intl. market. Its currently the best casing that you can find here.
6. 6950 1GB & GTX 560Ti are negligible in performance now (new drivers). It totally depends on you, which brand you prefer. But you get these extras with a Nvidia GPU i.e. Cuda & Physx. 6950 costs ~22k while 560Ti costs ~24k
7. 2ms response time is just a marketing gimmick. Get the ASUS LCD MS246H 24" from Galaxy. Pretty unique design.