MSN is Taking Money for Their Services now

"Microsoft is reportedly planning to start charging surfers for the improved services of its MSN internet portal.

The site receives 200 million visits a month worldwide, and is the UK's most viewed website."

source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/1189119.stm

w*f ? :/

Well, I dun think that they actually gonna impose a fee or even if they do it will become free again after sometime bcoz this way they gonna lose too much visitors

I dun use msn services so doesn't matter if they start charging

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

"Microsoft is reportedly planning to start charging surfers for the improved services of its MSN internet portal.

The site receives 200 million visits a month worldwide, and is the UK’s most viewed website."

source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/1189119.stm

w*f ? :confused:

[/quote]

Don’t worry if Microsoft start asking for money for MSN and Yahoo and AOL follow suit. Then sooner or later new companies will surface with free services and because the clock of internet is very fast then within a year or two, MSN Yahoo AOL will become history or disappear in background while new free service providers will start a new battle.

Who knows that Google find it very attractive and release free services similar MSN Yahoo and AOL and put them in coffin, forever.

Microsoft era is all over and this happened only due to their obsession with money and this is costing them..

now the era is of only google...

If they will start charging they will be lost in a Black hole! Microsoft dominated because of thier self created monopoly. In past microsoft pursued pc sellers to sell its products with every new pc, and instead of making something new to their opponents hat will microsoft do! they will buy their opponents! Man its just not fair! :|

msn services are worth being charged , believe msn got best customer service google is crap you send their support team a message about account error and it will take ages while with msn issues often are solved within hours ,

i am using msn services for almost 10 years now and more than happy with quality and dedication.

^ you might be unlucky with google , man msn will become a part of history soon , like new versions of windows are crap , likewise all other products of microsoft are loosing their repute , if msn started to charge, it will be over for ever.

They are only planning to charge for few new services, their basic services will remain free. No company in near future can completely stop their free service without losing most of their users.

Guys did you even check new date? It's very very very very very very very very very very very very old news from 25 February, 2001.

So Gullible

"Sunday, 25 February, 2001, 11:00 GMT"

Next time wear your specs before reading the news.. :D

I knew it was a fake news.

I dont think MS will take such a big risk to impose a fee on their messenger services. MS is already way behind Google and Yahoo. BTW If they do so, it will be a suicide attempt:)

Damn, "Sunday, 25 February, 2001, 11:00 GMT". Damnation!

We got "April Fooled" in hot June :lol:

Damn, “Sunday, 25 February, 2001, 11:00 GMT”. Damnation!

We got “April Fooled” in hot June :lol:

[/quote]

Yes you are right:p. That is because some people only read the first post before they reply. I think this topic should be closed.

Damn, “Sunday, 25 February, 2001, 11:00 GMT”. Damnation!

We got “April Fooled” in hot June :lol:

[/quote]

damn i also got fooled by 1 of my friend :(

damn i also got fooled by 1 of my friend :(

[/quote]

Sometime happens even to good people. Cheer up :)

Fess up guys, you just wanted to badmouth MSN. /:)

"There are no mistakes..." ;)

MSN to charge money? Why does this crap keep coming back? And why so many people start believing every other crappy news that surface here and there?

As much as I hate M$, I wouldn't want to see them or Yahoo! go out of business when it comes to online advertising and internet search. I hate monopoly far more than I hate M$ and I love competition :) M$ has enough cash to pull off almost anything and I am sure they will not charge for their crappy portals unless if they want to go out of business :)