MPC digital TV

[quote=“alijokhio, post:320, topic:14060”]

what device the give in DWN tv .i s it some kind of dish .

[/quote]

No, just a simple aerial which they will install on your rooftop. It’s connected to a digital box which you can place near your TV. You can get more info very easily by calling them (number on their website).

[quote=“johnny98, post:321, topic:14060”]

No, just a simple aerial which they will install on your rooftop. It’s connected to a digital box which you can place near your TV. You can get more info very easily by calling them (number on their website).

[/quote]

Dear Johny,

its true k ye bhot acha cable system hai, but yaar amount bhot maang rahay hain first time me, agar ye hota k aap 1000 ya phr first time 3000 de kar baki next installment me karwa lain to ye bhot acha hota or sb ye package le leta even main khud le leta.

kun dosot aap kia kehte ho is baray main…

[quote=“musskurado, post:322, topic:14060”]

Dear Johny,

its true k ye bhot acha cable system hai, but yaar amount bhot maang rahay hain first time me, agar ye hota k aap 1000 ya phr first time 3000 de kar baki next installment me karwa lain to ye bhot acha hota or sb ye package le leta even main khud le leta.

[/quote]

My bro musskurado bhai you are absolutely right. This is one major reason why so many people who want to watch quality cable TV in karachi have not yet subscribed to DWN. Hopefully, with time DWN will further improve its service and offer better pricing plans as well as add more international channels to its lineup. I noticed that they still don’t have MBC Action or MBC Max. These are also free-to-air channels as far as I know and even local cable ops show them. Afsos keh DWN is so slow in adding quality channels.

Price factor is a big issue but I think it’s because of the equipment that is required (antenna and digital box), but still 12-13 thousand is a little too high as the setup cost. I’ve heard that they’re offering free service for 1yr with an initial fee of Rs. 13,000 or something but I haven’t confirmed this by calling their helpline yet. Just heard from another forum member.

Afsos hai keh even after almost 10yrs since cable TV service started in Pakistan, there are so few quality cable service providers and the picture quality of local cable ops is so poor and foggy. It’s high time that people start investing in this sector just like the telecom and internet sector. Har roz koi nai company internet service provide karna shuroo ho jatee hai (Wateen, Witribe, Qubee, etc) which is a good thing, but we need more companies to invest in the cable TV sector. If india has can establish companies like dishtv and others, why can’t we? We need someone to free us from these local cable wala m*fia.

I think we need serious companies to start offering services such as HD boxes with HD channels such as Natgeo, sports channels, movie channels, news channels, etc. Even if our local channels haven’t gone HD yet, if serious cable TV companies start offering these services, I personally believe that more and more people will start subscribing to their service even if the initial setup fee is in the range of 5-6 thousand. Har koi achi service chahta hai and if you offer something new with zabardast quality, har koi chahe ga keh us ke ghar mein bhi sab sai behtereen cheez ho. Problem is that companies like DWN cost a lot more than local cable TV service but provide nothing more in terms of the channels they have on offer.

We need companies like comcast, time warner, etc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comcast, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Warner_Cable) here in Pakistan and I think major multinational companies like wateen and worldcall should invest more in this sector. What’s preventing worldcall from offering HDTV or similar services? Their fear of investment or their lack of interest?

Come on people, this is 2011 and not 1985. We should be able to subscribe to a quality cable TV provider in our area which offers quality service and mainstream international channels without the fear of seeing a “No signal” message on our screens every other day.

[quote=“musskurado, post:322, topic:14060”]

Dear Johny,

[/quote]

Just confirmed by calling their helpline today that the initial setup cost is Rs. 12,500/- with one year free subscription, and after one year, monthly fee would be Rs. 360/-. I think this is the best option available in Karachi at the moment. I think I’m going to signup for a connection next week!! :) With this offer, you get to save ~Rs. 4,000!! (360/month x 12)

Setup fee is a bit high like I said earlier but I think it’s mostly because of the equipment which includes LNB, cable, antenna and smartcard, plus installation as their technician will visit your home and install this equipment for you. Sounds reasonable enough and even though it’s a little costly, I think for the quality of service, it’s worth it.

I will also email them to ask them about their plans to add channels like OSN, MBC Action, etc. Let’s see how it goes.

[quote=“johnny98, post:324, topic:14060”]

Just confirmed by calling their helpline today that the initial setup cost is Rs. 12,500/- with one year free subscription, and after one year, monthly fee would be Rs. 360/-. I think this is the best option available in Karachi at the moment. I think I’m going to signup for a connection next week!! :) With this offer, you get to save ~Rs. 4,000!! (360/month x 12) Setup fee is a bit high like I said earlier but I think it’s mostly because of the equipment which includes LNB, cable, antenna and smartcard, plus installation as their technician will visit your home and install this equipment for you. Sounds reasonable enough and even though it’s a little costly, I think for the quality of service, it’s worth it. I will also email them to ask them about their plans to add channels like OSN, MBC Action, etc. Let’s see how it goes.
[/quote]

Dear Johny,

how are you, main ne DWN Service purchase kar li hai, saturday ko main ne DWN ki service lagwa li hai, wow gr8 picture quality or gr8 sound. channels bhot achay hain, lakin ek cheez ye hai channels abhi bhot kam hain only 75 channels hain sports k channels kam hain. Ten cricket or NEO cricket nahi hai. POGO channel nh hai lakin yaar jhony reslut bhot behtreen hai.

12500 for one year lakin bhot achi service hai.

[quote=“musskurado, post:325, topic:14060”]

Dear Johny,

how are you, main ne DWN Service purchase kar li hai, saturday ko main ne DWN ki service lagwa li hai, wow gr8 picture quality or gr8 sound. channels bhot achay hain, lakin ek cheez ye hai channels abhi bhot kam hain only 75 channels hain sports k channels kam hain. Ten cricket or NEO cricket nahi hai. POGO channel nh hai lakin yaar jhony reslut bhot behtreen hai.

[/quote]

:) Good stuff yar! Glad to hear you like the service. Yes, Pogo is my favorite channel too. It’s the first thing I watch in the morning after brushing my teeth and before going to school. LOL! ;)

They need to add more channels. I’ve already emailed them to request them to add mbc action and skynews. Maybe you can also ask them to add some channels. I think if customers keep providing feedback and ask them to add more channels, sooner or later they’ll do it because when they started they had just 50 channels in their lineup.

I really want to get their service too but the only problem is, there is no open space in my apartment building on the roof, there is no open space to install the antenna. :( it’s completely covered because of a garment factory and I’ve heard that you won’t be able to get reception by installing the antenna in a gallery/balcony. :(

Anyway, I’ll try to get their technician here and see what he says.

[quote=“musskurado, post:325, topic:14060”]

Dear Johny,

[/quote]

Sorry bro, one more question. Is their StarWorld the middle eastern version or the indian version that most local cable walas are showing? And what about StarMovies?

[quote=“johnny98, post:327, topic:14060”]

Sorry bro, one more question. Is their StarWorld the middle eastern version or the indian version that most local cable walas are showing? And what about StarMovies?

[/quote]

Dear Johny,

Star world is the indian version or Star movies also indian version. yaar kal to adhay se zia channels like Sony, Setmax, B4U Movies, B4U Music sb band thay yaar, main ne socha shayad apni kismat he kharab hai yaar.

but aj subah mian ne call ki DWN to pata chala k kal kuch working ho rahi thi aap reset kar lo sb channels again ajain ge.

let’s see main abi to office men hun inshallah ghar jaa kar check karta hun.

wese result picture quality bhot achi hai.

[quote=“musskurado, post:328, topic:14060”]

Dear Johny,

Star world is the indian version or Star movies also indian version. yaar kal to adhay se zia channels like Sony, Setmax, B4U Movies, B4U Music sb band thay yaar, main ne socha shayad apni kismat he kharab hai yaar.

but aj subah mian ne call ki DWN to pata chala k kal kuch working ho rahi thi aap reset kar lo sb channels again ajain ge.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info buddy. Indian channels are of no use to me as I don’t watch any of them. I’m just interested in channels like mbcaction, fox series, OSN channels, news, etc. Hopefully DWN will add more of these but I do hope you get the channels you like to watch too. :)

I’ll call them in a couple of days to see if they can install in my balcony. If not, tough luck I guess, like you said: naseeb apna apna. LOL!

[quote=“musskurado, post:328, topic:14060”]

Dear Johny,

[/quote]

Btw brother, which one of these images does your antenna look like?

[quote=“johnny98, post:330, topic:14060”]

Btw brother, which one of these images does your antenna look like?

[/quote]

Dear Bro,

yes absouletly perfect no.6 picture yes isi tarah ka hai anteena DWN walon ka or ap ki balcony me aa to jaye ga lakin in ka tower Saima tower I I chundrigar road per laga hua hai to ye anteena ka rukh (side) usi taraf rakhtay hain. baki aap dekh lo or un k technican se check karwa lo.

[quote=“Supernaturalfreak, post:175, topic:14060”]

The name of my cable network is New Crown Cable and it comes under MPC… I must say they are the worst… They don’t turn on cable during power outage, though nowadays every single cable wala has generators and ups… (mine is just some kind of #$$#$#) Anyway, I’m sure they are not aware of this digital service, and even if they are, i expect fraud, coz i m sick of people telling, they know blah blah,… but nobody provides you what you really want…

Anyway. all i want is your suggestion on, which authority(not the money collector dumbhead) to contact for availability of digital service plus to complain and RESOLVE the power outage and turning on cable issue…PLEASE help!

[/quote]

Have you tried DWN? I’ve heard good things about their service and all their channels are in digital format. It’s wireless so you will most probably be able to get their service in your area. Number on their website. Just google DWN. Hope that helps.

Dear Johny & All Friends,

main apna DWN complete set with STB sale kar raha hun because mera dubai ka visa agaya hai or main family k sath shift ho raha hun, just one week use kiya hai main ne. main DWN se bhi contact kar raha hun agar wo log returen le lain to, or agar kisi ko chaye to mujh se contact kar le plz bhot achi service or result hai....

my contact detail

Name:- Muhammad Ayaz

Cell # 0345-2877794

I want to view Sohni Dharti Channel (Pakistani Agricultural Channel). TV Cable service provider in my area is not tunning this channel. So, i want to start my own TV Cable Service. I am already running Internet Cable Service. Kindly send me detail how to get dealership? Which TV Cable Service Providers are giving best service? Their Contact Nos.

main apna DWN complete set with STB sale kar raha hun because mera dubai ka visa agaya hai or main family k sath shift ho raha hun, just one week use kiya hai main ne. main DWN se bhi contact kar raha hun agar wo log returen le lain to, or agar kisi ko chaye to mujh se contact kar le plz bhot achi service or result hai....

my contact detail

Cell # 0345-2877794

[quote=“musskurado, post:335, topic:14060”]

main apna DWN complete set with STB sale kar raha hun because mera dubai ka visa agaya hai or main family k sath shift ho raha hun, just one week use kiya hai main ne. main DWN se bhi contact kar raha hun agar wo log returen le lain to, or agar kisi ko chaye to mujh se contact kar le plz bhot achi service or result hai…

my contact detail

Cell # 0345-2877794

[/quote]

Good to hear that you’re moving to a better place (in this world). (: Hopefully, you’ll be able to find a buyer.

Can any current KCS user post an update on their digital service? Is it worth it?

Thanks

kcs has resumed digital service with same frequencies

[quote=“alijokhio, post:337, topic:14060”]

kcs has resumed digital service with same frequencies

[/quote]

Any info on how many/what channels they have on digital?

Dear Friends,

kal SOLO walon ne phr channels ki settings change kar di, pata nahi in k sath kia problem hai, abi just 1 month pehle solo walon ne settings change ki thi or sb ko kaha tha k retune kar lo, kal phr solo walon ne channels ki settings bhi change kar di or kuch channels bhi band kar diye hain like Baby TV, or ek do or english channels hain,

dosto hame in cable walon k khilaf theerek chalana pary gi, wese to pure pakistan ka or har department ka awa ka awa he bigra hua hai.

any way aap logo ki suggestions ka intezar rahay ga.ok

Why not shift to PTCL? It is much cheaper with much Better quality.