Monitor Question?

I am buying two 20 inch monitor from galaxy.com.pk for my desktop, HDMI is usually associated with home theater etc but nowadays even regular computer to monitor HDMI is used so you think i should buy both of them with HDMI video interface or just DVI. Since almost every new motherboard with is coming HDMI so do you think its advisable to future proof my investment and go with HDMI interface for my monitors.

hdmi and dvi are both digital connections so they are equally good. Actually the future connector may be one called display port not hdmi or dvi.

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:, topic:”]

I am buying two 20 inch monitor from galaxy.com.pk for my desktop, HDMI is usually associated with home theater etc but nowadays even regular computer to monitor HDMI is used so you think i should buy both of them with HDMI video interface or just DVI. Since almost every new motherboard with is coming HDMI so do you think its advisable to future proof my investment and go with HDMI interface for my monitors.

[/quote]

Well, VGA is outdated and will be discontinued in couple of years so I wouldn’t recommend that in any case. So it comes down to what kind of output do you have for video either in the mobo or GPU. HDMI has the capacity of carrying hi-def audio signals as well. So if your mobo or GPU has HDMI output (which if it does, it will probably have DVI too) so buy a monitor with at least HDMI or both.

As far as the display port is concerned, it may become the future standard or may be not but you have to worry about that now. And if you plan to buy with DVI port make see Wiki to identify which DVI port you have as out on you mobo or GPU to avoid conflicts after purchase.