Monitor problems

so i bought a second hand monitor IBM 21" inch monitor (model 6652 u3n, manufactured 2003 march). I have had good luck with 2nd hand ibm monitors but this one is just tooo bright.

When i turn it on, the picture is a little bit small width wise but it adjusts ok,,,then the picture flicks a little bit now and then. I have checked the cable and my video card and everything seems ok except for the too bright monitor (i have tried adjusting the brightness with the monitor and software controls but the picture still remains too bright) and a little flicker in the picture now and then,,,

i still have 3 day warranty on it ,,so any suggestions welcome

Picture tube and circut behind picture tube has problem. You must claim warranty.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i still have 3 day warranty on it ,so any suggestions welcome
[/quote]

Hurry up then and get it fixed.

replace it as soon as possible, coz this problem will increase.

replaced it with a 2nd hand syncmaster samsung 1200nf,,,its ok i guess till i can save up for a 19' lcd..

i wonder if lcds are cheaper in dubai,,if i can bring it through to karachi airport how much duty will i be charged??

replaced it with a 2nd hand syncmaster samsung 1200nf,its ok i guess till i can save up for a 19’ lcd…

i wonder if lcds are cheaper in dubai,if i can bring it through to karachi airport how much duty will i be charged??

[/quote]

My father recently bought a dvd player from dubai and he was charged 1000 on the karachi airport.

Which was a bribe they demanded, not duty.

My father recently bought a dvd player from dubai and he was charged 1000 on the karachi airport.

Which was a bribe they demanded, not duty.

[/quote]

I was charged no duty last time I brought in an LCD monitor in 2005. Things may have changed now, however.