Moneybookers asking for IBAN number

I used to withdraw payments from moneybookers.com without any problem but today I noticed during the withdraw process they are asking to enter the IBAN number, this is what they say on the page

The International Bank Account Number or IBAN, as it is commonly called, is a bank account number structured according to the ECBS (European Committee for Banking Standards) standards. Every bank account number in a participating European country can be converted into an IBAN - please contact your bank for details. The IBAN has a maximum of 34 alphanumeric characters.

I have emailed my bank and asked for my IBAN number, if they don't reply in time I will call their helpline. Anyone else also noticed this thing?

Did you get your IBAN number easily from your bank?

I'll make a withdrawal in couple of days and report. What bank do you use Btw?

I guess it is combination of Swift Code and Bank account number.... And if I'm wrong please correct me...

On the other side, when did you make your account on MB? And please also let me know if it your first transaction or not because I'm using MB for more than 20 months and they never asked for IBAN....

[quote=“nvd650, post:3, topic:18735”]

I guess it is combination of Swift Code and Bank account number… And if I’m wrong please correct me…

On the other side, when did you make your account on MB? And please also let me know if it your first transaction or not because I'm using MB for more than 20 months and they never asked for IBAN....

[/quote]

I have no idea how they make IBAN code.

I don't remember when did I make account with them but I think it has been 2 years and I never have any issue with MB. They didn't ask for IBAN code before but they are asking it now. You can check it yourself.

[quote=", post:2, topic:18735"]
I'll make a withdrawal in couple of days and report. What bank do you use Btw?
[/quote]

I have account with MCB (Muslim Commercial Bank).

You can try withdraw money now, it will ask you the IBAN code before withdraw... check and confirm please?

i registered few months ago on mb and then added debit card in it but they didn't accept it & deduct money from it for approving not even they send me letter via mail please help me in setting mb skrill account..what went wrong am i missing something? help out your brother dudes

Yes, me too never got any letter from them via mail I contacted them and asked for help. They asked for the scanned copy of my passport / NIC card / bank statement.

I didn't have passport and bank statement, I replied and told them that I can show you the snapshot of my online bank account, you can see the payment deposited by moneybookers with special code.

They said OK, we can approve it. I did it and problem solved :)

The reason to tell you all this is that you should provide "each and every thing" to them to prove your not a fraud user. You can contact him and ask why your debit card is not being accepted and also provide them the scanned copies of NIC, bank statement...etc just to win their trust.

do they feedback to users emails? seriously?

and jani what bank card did you used at MB?

can you send money to other none MB account holder but has bank account+debit card only?

details/name in MB account should be exact as in Bank account/debit card?

why not they make registering process easy as paypal deduct small amount of money from your debit card and then refund you back viola? :lol:

[quote=“armada, post:5, topic:18735”]

i registered few months ago on mb and then added debit card in it but they didn’t accept it & deduct money from it for approving not even they send me letter via mail please help me in setting mb skrill account…what went wrong am i missing something? help out your brother dudes
[/quote]

Have you setup a bank account with them and approved ur address via post mail?

I don’t have funds to withdraw right now, expecting money tomorrow, will let u know then.

bank in Pakistan didn't gave me me complete address and not provided any receipt full of details after opening an account , address on civil id is kinda bull sh*t

Hello IBAN and BIC has been Issue to Pakistani Banks In 2012 but you will get it only in STATEMENT or You have to call Your bank ! i got mine from SCB

but they are saying the service will not work before JULY 2013 i Tried Allied bank they give me the IBAN and Told me that its working Perfectly

I hope this information will be usefull for you

how about if i buy working verified mb account and skip all this registration hassles ?

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk®

@armada have You tried any CC with Moneybookers, that is activated within no time....

i tried mcb and bank of punjab debit cards i were able to add in skrill but then nothing happens no confirmation etc

[quote=“jani, post:, topic:”]

I used to withdraw payments from moneybookers.com without any problem but today I noticed during the withdraw process they are asking to enter the IBAN number, this is what they say on the page

The International Bank Account Number or IBAN, as it is commonly called, is a bank account number structured according to the ECBS (European Committee for Banking Standards) standards. Every bank account number in a participating European country can be converted into an IBAN - please contact your bank for details. The IBAN has a maximum of 34 alphanumeric characters.

I have emailed my bank and asked for my IBAN number, if they don't reply in time I will call their helpline. Anyone else also noticed this thing?

[/quote]

IBAN doesn't exists in Pakistan. I had to send money to my mother, But my Online banking account (Swiss Bank) was asking for IBAN, I contacted Standard Chartered Pakistan and they said IBAN doesn't exists in Pakistan, i was very surprised and the contacted, NBP and UBL and the answer was same.

It is not a valid question, but still asking if you activated it for online transactions/shopping?

OK it is confirmed, IBAN of SCB is not valid before 30th Jan 2013...... Don't know about Alfalah.....

[quote=“jani, post:, topic:”]

I have emailed my bank and asked for my IBAN number, if they don’t reply in time I will call their helpline. Anyone else also noticed this thing?

[/quote]

SBP has made it mandatory for banks to disclose to their customers their IBAN numbers by December 2012. You must have received your IBAN number in your yearly statement. If not then you can get your IBAN number by calling up the helpline of your bank.

^ nvd650 sure it was activated i didn't got any statement in card portal

I called at Alfalah Help line 021 111225111 and asked for IBAN and he replied, "Wo Kya hota hay?" and I was just wow, shabaash........