Mods: There's no way to contact forum members

There's no PM feature in PunBB and the emails sent from WP email form go straight into email spam/junk folder.

How in God's name are we supposed to contact fellow forum members?

there are modifications for punbb to install private messaging feature but KO...........

doessnt wana install any till 2010

and also there are chatbox mods etc..

cool mods are available

but/........ wait till 2010

KO is really busy!

KO's been KO.

This has been stated time and time again, but lets repeat it one more time. FluxBB has a new release coming out (it was supposed to come out a couple weeks back but it got delayed), and KO is waiting for the release so he can upgrade to it. After the upgrade he plans on adding new extensions. So I would recommend people check their junk folder once a day at least! (I thought everyone did already! :/)

normally if you've got ur registration mail from wiredpakistan and its resting in ur inbox or one of ur folders...

ur mail provider would most probably direct all mails having the words wiredpakistan and ur name in it. atleast gmail seems to do so and you've to agree they've the best spam filters...

@ Abbas, I and many others here use Gmail and Gmail always puts WP emails in the spam folder.

@ sah, K thanks, waiting for the new release.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@ Abbas, I and many others here use Gmail and Gmail always puts WP emails in the spam folder.
[/quote]

yeah same here

[/quote]

strange, all the mails that i got my WP members came directly into my gmail inbox.

i had the same thing in mind, mods must do sumthin abt it

Why don't you guys just create a filter so all emails from wiredpakistan go to your Inbox. How hard is that!

Why don’t you guys just create a filter so all emails form wiredpakistan go to your Inbox. How hard is that!
[/quote]

i ahve tried it doesnt work teh emails still go to the spam folder

@ruhaan: What filter settings did you use? When someone receives a message via the forum the first line reads like this:

"*Senders WP username here* from A Pakistani Tech forum has sent you a message. You can reply to Raamis by replying to this e-mail."

So you could create a filter which routes all emails containing the words 'A Pakistani Tech forum' to your inbox.

@ruhaan: What filter settings did you use? When someone receives a message via the forum the first line reads like this:

"Senders WP username here from A Pakistani Tech forum has sent you a message. You can reply to Raamis by replying to this e-mail."

So you could create a filter which routes all emails containing the words ‘A Pakistani Tech forum’ to your inbox.

[/quote]

oh i just filtered the email address let me try this

You can't filter the email address. Since the email you receive is from the persons email address and not from some username@wiredpakistan.com

even filtrin with teh keywords doesnt work

Hmm...I'll have to test it myself, then I'll hopefully be able to post some filter settings which work!

There’s no PM feature in PunBB and the emails sent from WP email form go straight into email spam/junk folder.

How in God’s name are we supposed to contact fellow forum members?

[/quote]

There are official extensions coming up, which adds the following features:

The following are extensions that the Dev team are planning to make, if you have any questions/comments or suggestions for extensions you think are important enough to go on this list feel free to post

Where possible information and links to the SVN of the extension is provided

Private messages

Polls

File Attachments

External Authentication

Easy BBCode

Post approval queue

WYSIWYG Editor

Extended BBCode - tag bbcode extension http://fluxbb.org/trac/browser/extensio … ikethrough

Alternative parser - Textile parser -
http://fluxbb.org/trac/browser/extensions/trunk/textile

Fulltext search -
http://fluxbb.org/trac/browser/extensio … k/fulltext

Subforums

Portal

Multigroup

Split/merge topics

Internal Syndication

Simple Content Negotiation

Anti-spam (of various types)

[/quote]

Source:
http://fluxbb.org/forums/topic/50/official-extensions/

I’m waiting for them to be released… they were supposed to come out earlier this month, but have been delayed.

Why don’t you guys just create a filter so all emails from wiredpakistan go to your Inbox. How hard is that!
[/quote]

There is a problem with how the current version of the forum software sends out emails, it mangles the headers so many email services mark it as spam. The next version fixes this issue, so the spam problem will stop than.