Modem Help!

I have a Speed Stream 5100 Modem, which i got from the US. i was using it with SBC Yahoo DSL. I wanted to know how i could make it work with PTCL, if i can. Since the ZTE modem is becoming a pain, at the moment. if there is any way, leme know.

You can make it work - check Speed Stream 5100's manual. Access its setup pages and setup PTCL connection. You can get PTCL settings from manuals present at http://ptcl.com.pk/contentp.php?NID=190

Scroll down to end of the page for the guides. The method will be different for your modem but settings will be same.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have a Speed Stream 5100 Modem, which i got from the US. i was using it with SBC Yahoo DSL. I wanted to know how i could make it work with PTCL, if i can. Since the ZTE modem is becoming a pain, at the moment. if there is any way, leme know.
[/quote]

Just make sure your modem Speed Stream modem is ADSL compatible. In US they use DSL not ADSL. If you used it on SBC Yahoo DSL then most likely it is a DSL modem and will not work in Pakistan. I also would have preferred a modem from US but you generally can not find a ADSL modem easily available in US. I got a Linksys router from US instead.

What problems are you facing with ZTE?

^ They have ADSL in US too. The modem he mentioned is an ADSL modem.

yep joker is right they do have ADSL in USA

and besides you cant make such a comparision because ADSL is just a form of DSL

its an ADSL modem. and i plan on getting a wireless router with a built in modem instead. Not worth the hassle.

Thanks for your help!