Modem disconnects with Calls - Even with a splitter

I'll put this in brief,

6-7 months ago I installed a splitter on my PTCL line and everything worked perfect. Router would not reset with any kind of calls and there was no noise in the phonesets either.

BUT until after like 3-4 months, I started getting disconnects all over again, and so the first thing that came into my mind was - "yes it could be the splitter expiring". SO I went to the PTCL office and they gave me a new splitter sealed in its plastic cover, guaranteeing that its NEW.

I replaced the old splitter with this new one but the problem still persisted. Which lead me to the next thought that - if the splitter is okay, then there must be a joint in the MainLine before I put it in the splitter. But I checked the whole line! I traced the it back to the Pole where it came out of that PTCL BOX, with not a single joint! and now I'm wondering - What else is there that might be causing this?!

Also, recently they changed the whole Underground line and installed a new DP or DiP something, that box. Yet the problem persists..when someone calls, before anyone even picks the phone up, the Modem disconnects and when the phone is picked up/put back, that too causes the Modem to disconnect/restart.

I have changed routers, used Multiple splitters for someone told me that might work, which did not. Used Electronic Splitters..some say the line must be Noisy, which is incorrect, there is not a single spike in the phone, its crystal clear + as i mentioned, a whole new line is installed. I have also replaced my whole internal wiring, still no fk*** luck...pity

I cannot describe what agony this issue has caused for over 4 months now, and the PTCL staff? PTCL LINE support says its a DSL issue, and the DSL Staff says its a LINE issue. I am bound to fixing this on my own...so please help me out...

As a gamer I'm sure you realize how painful it is when you get a router reset during a game, specially in clanwars and serious matches etc. Hours of entertainment turns into hours of agony and a waste of time completely.

PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS #$%#!

Worth 100 rupee Mobile card for the one who solves this!

lolz @ your offer... I faced this problem for 5 months and finally disconnected from that line, and now ordered on new line with new modem.... And I've connected no phone to this line at all :)

brand of modem..?

and brands of filters used?

also what is the telephone? have u tried replacing the phone itself.?

r u using wifi ?

r u using a wireless phone/cordless ? or lined one ? and can u post line stats ?

how this problem started ?

[quote=“nvd650, post:3, topic:17308”]

lolz @ your offer… I faced this problem for 5 months and finally disconnected from that line, and now ordered on new line with new modem… And I’ve connected no phone to this line at all :)

[/quote]

hahah, people wont reply! I thought to put in an entrapment! Anyways…I had the same thought once but…how much extra would it cost? I mean u’ll get pure DSL charges but there are other line rents too…400-500 difference? besides, I was thinking on asking them if they could get me a fiber optic, how would that be? I still want to know why this is happening!! errrghh!!

[quote=“jhagra, post:4, topic:17308”]

brand of modem…?

and brands of filters used?

also what is the telephone? have u tried replacing the phone itself.?

[/quote]

I disconnected all phones and then called on the number the modem doesn’t DC until someone receives/picks up the phone. But I still notice it DC simply when the phone is ringing. 3-4 tones and the modem DCs disregarding whether you pick up the phone or not.

I’ve changed the modem too…tried different phone sets also! tried 5 sets on a single/different line and the modem will DC on every call picked up…just sad.

boss can u answer the questions i asked?

[quote=“goga.ali, post:5, topic:17308”]

Anyways…I had the same thought once but…how much extra would it cost? I mean u’ll get pure DSL charges but there are other line rents too…400-500 difference? besides, I was thinking on asking them if they could get me a fiber optic, how would that be? I still want to know why this is happening!! errrghh!!

[/quote]

Leave it and forget it, what is happening… the only difference will be line rent of new line, I guess lower than 200 rps. And as you get your new connection, ask lineman for sealed pack (or at least brand new) modem (at the moment only wifi modems are newer one). and then call 1236 to discontinue all packages.

The only problem in fiber (what exchange persons told me) when there is no electricity and even battery of the booster near your home died, there is no tone/connection means you it shuts down…

[quote=“jhagra, post:6, topic:17308”]

boss can u answer the questions i asked?

[/quote]

oh haha, sorry i thought i did! the modem is…but mind u, I’ve tried other modems too, all DC. this one is…AN1020-16T PTCL’s Modem.

Filters…i used the moderate size that PTCL give, tried 3 of those, none worked, a few days ago i complained again at the exchange here and they said “Let us give u a SPECIAL filter! if a filter should work, this is the best you can get!” its this…AGCOM splitter…the others don’t have a brand name on them sorry. but i’m currently using this AGCOM.

About the phone sets, i mentioned in the previous post, and i just experimented with it again, with no luck. btw, ONE time, when i called the exchange guys to come and check it out! when the line man came, the net got fixed, i mean the MODEM wont DC at ALL!! i was soo glad! I asked him how this hapened and he tells me "well…before i came here, the TWO wires that connect you to the exchange, i inverted them, and thats all i did"

I was so happy that day, until a few days later the problem started again…the exchange guy said he dint do anything to the wires he previously changed…now I dont understand how that happened, but it did fix it temporarily.

Please suggest

try this

plug your adsl direct into wall jack not through the splitter and use phone line through the filters if problem still persists

then

This could be a wiring problem from ptcl poll The fault is commonly known as the pairs in the cable are legged. Inside a standard ptcl drop cable there are 2 x pair cables (4 single cores) 1 pair is Orange and white and the 2nd Green and white. Each single pair is coiled to hold the magnetic field. If the cable is legged this means when the cable was first installed the engineer has used the wrong white pairs thus legging the cable, It will work fine with voice calls but if someone rings in on the 2nd line while you are on the internet your connection will lag or in some cases disconnect.

hmm... man i am pretty much sure its on ptcl side..

however u can try various modulation schemes ... such as gdmt.. glite and adsl adsl2 etc .. individually .. give them a try.. some are known to work in worst cases.. that could give some headway..

You should sacrifice a goat and pray to God almighty to fix your problem. Seriously, just get a new dedicated phone line and be done with it. Or switch to Worldcall cable broadband if it's available in your area. Your choice.

[quote=“armada, post:9, topic:17308”]

try this plug your adsl direct into wall jack not through the splitter and use phone line through the filters if problem still persists then This could be a wiring problem from ptcl poll The fault is commonly known as the pairs in the cable are legged. Inside a standard ptcl drop cable there are 2 x pair cables (4 single cores) 1 pair is Orange and white and the 2nd Green and white. Each single pair is coiled to hold the magnetic field. If the cable is legged this means when the cable was first installed the engineer has used the wrong white pairs thus legging the cable, It will work fine with voice calls but if someone rings in on the 2nd line while you are on the internet your connection will lag or in some cases disconnect.
[/quote]

Does it really NOT have to go through the splitter? the one that goes to my modem?

Yes try

No luck..sadly, I think I've tried this before, some guy from pakgamer suggested, but I had tried that with splitters to all MODEM/Phones, but this time i removed the splitter from the MODEM and attached it to just ONE phone, still DC, then attached it to both the phones and Still DC..

no you did wrong

what did i do wrong? i tried both. with splitter to the modem and also without any splitter to the modem but to the phones.

goga i told you to do like this

Yes I did the same thing but in a very draft fashion. The line from the Pole, I split it into two paths, one went straight into the Mode, the other went through a splitter and then to a phone. The only difference would be that that I cut peeled the single wire from the pole and attached two pairs of wires to it. One going to the phone through a splitter, and the other straight into the modem.

But it dint work, just a while ago i went to the exchange again, BEGGED my arse off and one guy took me to this MFD something room, where he checked if I had noise or anything in my line and he said your line is perfect! then he came to my home and said everything is perfect here aswell! before he went, he told me to replace the Rosettes with new ones.....so i got new rosettes to replace them, hopelessly though...

He also noticed that my phone wire is twisted around a tree, and its not stuck in the tree but he suspects this Tree might be causing a type EARTH to the line, and that could be the reason. So what's your call on this?

I am VERY grateful for your help here, and I hope I solve this issue once and for all.....8 months of agony...just too much!

i already told you in above post your line is lagged (something is wrong bottom under the pole) fix it or get new one

wow, that exchange guy gave me this new splitter made by "huawei", and told me to remove the rosette completely and instead bind the inner pair of the soft wire to the hard wire coming from the pole. I don't know how but there is no more noise in the phone. I was overjoyed until a minute before, a call was received and even though there was Zero noise in the phone, the modem DC'ed..

1 - I can no longer hear the noise of DSL connecting/disconnecting..thats for sure, unlike before when there was noise...

2 - Modem still DCs with a phone call.

I guess I'll get a new separate line....this is sadness