Modem and wifi router for PTCL DSL

Hello everybody,

i am using ptcl dsl with modem ZXDSL 831II. I have wired network with static ip.

Now i want to buy wifi router.

plz suggest me, should i buy only router or modem+router9single device). actually i want a secure network.

1. if only router then which is the best. i'll use it with my old modem (ZXDSL 831II)

2. if modem+router(single device) then which is the best. in this condition also suggest which can work with noisy line too. as i m little bit away from exchange so there is lot of disconnection but my current modem work well on this line.

plz suggest if possible with prices

Thanks

Visit local retailer & buy TP-Link DSL Wifi Router or Exchange your Current Router with WIFI from PTCL exchange against 1000 or 1500 Payment. New PTCL wifi Routers support Charji/Evo Wingle as well.

Thanx rockz.

Which tplink router any model number .

Sent from my HTC Desire 600 dual sim using Tapatalk

Latest models would be there at retailers. Ask for 300 Mbps Wifi DSL Router or 300 Mbps Wifi Access point

Decide to buy combo modem+router. Plz suggest whic is best and reliable that line doesnt disconnect too much and works smoothly

Sent from my HTC Desire 600 dual sim using Tapatalk

Since you are interested in purchasing a modem + router combo, then like rockz I would suggest that you go for the one that PTCL offers. This is especially as you wrote the following earlier:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

... which can work with noisy line too. as i m little bit away from exchange so there is lot of disconnection

[/quote]

I used to have a third party DSL modem + router combo that never got good support from the PTCL helpline as well as the DSL walas who made home visits after disconnection and other connectivity complaints. If one has the company provided modem, then there are fewer excuses.

The one that I got from PTCL sometime ago is Sagemcom F@st 1704N for which they charged Rs. 1,500 in the next month's bill. I am personally quite happy with it.