Mobilink Vs Ufone

Everyone would nod in favor if I say, the old era is at the verge of demise in the telecom sector as companies have started realizing the significance of customer loyalty and care and now, are casting all their iron to build image in front of the public. We see Ufone and Mobilink two cautious competitors, thus forecasting the destined future trends today and launched their corporate campaigns of coverage and connectivity for image building.

Both Ufone and Mobilink campaigns don’t only have contrasts in color; they took a completely different tone of communication to expose the same paradigm in media. One used the element of humor, where as the other tired to touch the strings of customer’s heart by provoking emotions.

My analysis for these campaigns would absolutely be based on technicalities. Starting off with Mobilink’s coverage and connectivity ad; in my opinion they did a great job by using emotional undertones along with sophistication to serve the purpose. Their focus was to highlight the visual presence of coverage via symbolic notation which is perfectly legible to the mass and leaves strong visual footprints in customer's mind. However if we see Ufone’s ad; it portrays a blunt product auction in a fictional situation while highlighting the essential element in a humors way for the corporate image built up. Though in my view, using humor for an ad has always worked (if produced properly) but building a corporate image through overly exaggerated fictional situations, is never preferred as it misleads the customer and is also considered unethical. Nevertheless, had this attempt been done for a product ad it surely would have won my vote.

But in this case I would prefer Mobilink’s campaign over Ufone’s because apparently Mobilink helps fix cars/ problems where as Ufone makes people jump of the plane.

I prefer the Warid ad campaign....but judging the QoS by the ad campaign is silly.

i guess ufone had been doing good with their TVC since early days... one don't get bored while viewing their ads again nd again...i hope you remember that Faisal Qureshi's funny ads he did for Ufone...

I guess its obvious that i like ufone campaigns, and my vote is with them

yeah with mobilink's add one is fixing a high spec and very expensive car which in my opinion is totally wrong they can make it like they are in a remot area and the petrol is finished. and she is calling for help and he is nearby to pick her up.

who can imagine a very high price car which is having water in the engine.

wel don't go such specifications of cars. i have mehran and i drive it in deep waters but never face such problem..

the basic thing in add to show how their network works in such weather where cars fail to run. and u never feel any problem which communicating with people at any time.///

but they should be more realistic when they are making serios adds. that was my point bcoz then there will be no need of high end car in which water can get inside the engine. :)

the title should've been "Mobilink Marketing VS Ufone Marketing"

marketing / advertising has got nothing to do with original QoS.

All the companies around the globe show alot of #$%# that has nothing to do with the company's services.

if companies are to be compared for their services, alot more than just their AD campaigns will have to be compared.

customers dont really give a flying f**k whether warid shows helicopters in wedding ceremonies (their very first campaign), or show hot chicks dancing over tables (ufone's public demand early ADs) or show something else.

at the end of the day, ppl choose whats the most affordable, suitable operator for them.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

the title should’ve been "Mobilink Marketing VS Ufone Marketing"

marketing / advertising has got nothing to do with original QoS.

All the companies around the globe show alot of #$%# that has nothing to do with the company’s services.

if companies are to be compared for their services, alot more than just their AD campaigns will have to be compared.

customers dont really give a flying f**k whether warid shows helicopters in wedding ceremonies (their very first campaign), or show hot chicks dancing over tables (ufone’s public demand early ADs) or show something else.

at the end of the day, ppl choose whats the most affordable, suitable operator for them.

[/quote]

Exactly. Creative, funny, outrageous, pathetic, or sexy ads won’t win you new customers. QoS most certainly will.

But in this case I would prefer Mobilink’s campaign over Ufone’s because apparently Mobilink helps fix cars/ problems where as Ufone makes people jump of the plane.
[/quote]

Rotf! Crazy! Haha. Nice reason.

And I’m surprised (or should I not be) to see that many failed to understand the subtext of this statement.

Guys..look what i have found on youtube.....Mobilink's coverage ad (Un-censored)..

What's in the uncensored version?

UFONE ROX!!!!!!

in every thing

i prefer ufone cellular company , mobilink steals balance from its users ( chor company )

i prefer ufone cellular company , mobilink steals balance from its users ( chor company )
[/quote]

ufone does the same, no matter how many times i explain them i m not subscribed to thier infoservices they keep charging me for them. They dont deduct my balance for a week or two when i ask them to unsubscribe me from everything (any infoservices that i am apparently subscribed to.) But thren its the same story all over again. I have given up now.

But still i like ufone’s service and will continue to use it :confused:

i think the ufone in all aspects in term of packages and services is better. consider the nite package which is all most free with out an charges where as the sms package is also cheap and flexible in term of time limit.international sms is also cheapest.

i think ufone rocks>>>>>

one thing is more ufone is also a crap cellular network after mobilink do you notice? ufone spams its own prepaid users if users balance finished with last sms sending and they will keep spamming by send sms something like that "message send failed ...." until next recharge , bad packages poor quality gprs, no call barring service

mobilink steals balance at nights and makes fake packages with same and same rates to confusing customers ,signal network is very wide but no edge no gprs converge, also bad customer care centers , they will charge you Rs even making help calls. fuk

so there is no VS between Ufone and Mobilink both are craps in my mind