Mobilink vs Telenor vs Ufone 3G - Which one is the best?

As the topic suggests, which company do you think provides the best 3G service in Pakistan?

Personally, I use PTCL DSL as my primary and then Mobilink 3G as my backup internet and find the Mobilink 3G suffices for day to day use like browsing, limited uploading, and limited torrenting.

The average speed I get is about:

Down: 3.5Mbps

Up: 2Mbps

I know Zong provides 3G services as well, but as its also a 4G LTE provider I have created a separate poll for Zong and Warid.

Which do you think provides the best 3G services, Mobilink, Telenor or Ufone?

None.

i've been using all the 3g services except Warids,

Mobilink is pretty decent, their weekly package is great (Rs60 for 7GB) get around 2-3 mb download speeds

Telenor is Horrible, barely get 1mb on it, usually 0.5-0.8mb

Zong is insanely fast, get around 5-8mb download speeds

ufone is decent, but the packages aren't competitive. on the 512kbps package i get exactly that, on the nightly 12am-12pm deal i get around 2-3 mb.

For 3G, here's how i rate them

Zong (Fastest HSPA speeds by far, Good coverage in Karachi) > Mobilink (Decent speeds, good coverage) > Telenor (Decent speeds, mediocre coverage) > Ufone (Good coverage but their speeds are pretty poor, and also their horrible packages make them all the more unappealing)... So there goes.

Only tried mobilink. I use their weekly bundle (Rs 60 for 7GB) and although its not perfect though I usually get around 2 to 3 Mbps download (though sometimes it lingers around 1.5 Mbps). My other connection is PTCL Wingle and that used to give me around 3 Mbps max, but is highly unstable ... especially since the CharJi launch.

my uncle has dual sim galaxy with both waird and ufone sims.. since the time he purchased the phone, his primary sim warid net has been horribly slow.. GPRS only.. when he activated ufone he was very happy with the super fast speeds ..

i dont use net on mobile (wifi only) so i dont have any experience about that.,

In Peshawar, mobilink give no more than 20KBPS downloads. I have tested it in a couple of areas with full 3g signals. Telenor varies from 2mb to 4mbps however their ping times when downloading are very bad.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:6, topic:21970”]

my uncle has dual sim galaxy with both waird and ufone sims… since the time he purchased the phone, his primary sim warid net has been horribly slow… GPRS only… when he activated ufone he was very happy with the super fast speeds …

i dont use net on mobile (wifi only) so i dont have any experience about that.,

[/quote]
Farhan check that mobile will be 3G only as in this case Warid will not work due to only 4G

Warid gprs is sometimes aweful, no signal .. i have not tried 4g (nor do i plan to), which seems to have very positive reviews..

you are right.. the galaxy grand 2 may not be lte.. i am not sure it is or is not..

Today I visited my cousin who has 3G phone with Mobilink 3G package. I checked his speed and it was like 2.5 to 3Mb download and 0.8 to 1.25Mb upload.

Its very good speed actually :)

I was hoping to see a lot more people vote on this, anyways. The reaaon I made this topic was to find out if I should try Telenor and Ufone 3G service. I think I have my anwser, that I shouldn't.

Pretty much satisfied with Mobilink 3G,its cheap too. I really hope that Mobilink buys a 4G license in the next auction. That would make things far more interesting.

i was using ufone 512 kb 1.5 data was not happy with its speed just recently they changed there packages now i took 500 rps 3gb for 30 days but the speed is 0.5mb / 1mb / 1.5mb / 2mb varies a lot not constant

[quote=“multichoice, post:12, topic:21970”]

i was using ufone 512 kb 1.5 data was not happy with its speed just recently they changed there packages now i took 500 rps 3gb for 30 days but the speed is 0.5mb / 1mb / 1.5mb / 2mb varies a lot not constant

[/quote]

Give Mobilink a try, The average speed I get is about:

Down: 3.5Mbps

Up: 2Mbps

Telenor 3G via Charji Cloud @ Malir Cantt

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Torrents on Telenor 3G @ Malir Cantt

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Telenor n zong is best

zong awesome

So, it appears that Mobilink has reduced the data limit on the weekly bundle to 1,500 MB, withdrawing its last cheap 3g offer, not updated on their site yet ... but thats what the USSD menu is showing for now.

[quote=“hashmi1, post:18, topic:21970”]

So, it appears that Mobilink has reduced the data limit on the weekly bundle to 1,500 MB, withdrawing its last cheap 3g offer, not updated on their site yet ... but thats what the USSD menu is showing for now.

[/quote]

The site has been updated as well, I can only hope it brings better speeds.

Mobilink is still providing one of the cheapest monthly bundles. 2GB @ 200 PKR is much better than Zong's 1GB at 250 PKR or 2GB at 350 PKR.

Of course when it comes to speed, Zong blazes past Mobilink in most urban areas...