Mobilink Service Issues

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I recently misplaced the sim of my number *********** and I called the helpline at 111 from another number *********** at 3:02pm on 7th Jan, 2010. To my surprise the sim block request was not accepted by the CRO because the system of Mobilink is down. Despite my several requests my call was dropped. Considering the terrorist and other illegal activities taking place in the country this is a serious concern and needs to be addressed that if a sim is lost/misplaced, Mobilink is unable to block the sim due to system failure.

This poses a serious threat to all customers of Mobilink as the consequences of such failures in the system can have quite serious consequences for the customer. No time frame is given as to how long the system will be down and I think this is a complete failure on part of Mobilink management that such issues and problems are being faced by its customers which are very serious.

Mobilink should owe responsibility for the misuse of the SIM.

Regards

Osman Iqbal

oiqbal@visualsparks.com

I think you just forgot to print out this letter and ship it via courier to Mobilink's head office :P

just kidding... any ways.

AFAIK, you just can't initiate sim block request via any other number by calling 111. you, yourself, have to visit their business center or front desk with your National Identity Card.

I am sorry I doubt that you called 111 and they told you that the system is down and not able to block your sim. they will really need a proof for the authenticity that you are the owner of that SIM.

I guess you should visit them

My mobile phone was stolen in hospital and when I caaled theor 111 from another number to report the SIM theft, at that moment the CSR asked my ID Card number, addresss and my mothers number.

I called them because the SIM was just loaded with Rs. 500 balance. To my surprise when I got a new SIM the balance was intact as it was before the theft and the service centre just charged me for the new SIM i.e Rs. 50.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I recently misplaced the sim of my number *********** and I called the helpline at 111 from another number *********** at 3:02pm on 7th Jan, 2010. To my surprise the sim block request was not accepted by the CRO because the system of Mobilink is down. Despite my several requests my call was dropped. Considering the terrorist and other illegal activities taking place in the country this is a serious concern and needs to be addressed that if a sim is lost/misplaced, Mobilink is unable to block the sim due to system failure.

This poses a serious threat to all customers of Mobilink as the consequences of such failures in the system can have quite serious consequences for the customer. No time frame is given as to how long the system will be down and I think this is a complete failure on part of Mobilink management that such issues and problems are being faced by its customers which are very serious.

Mobilink should owe responsibility for the misuse of the SIM.

Regards

Osman Iqbal

oiqbal@visualsparks.com

[/quote]

Hello,

Thanks for reporting but, unfortunately we can not process your request at this time as our system is down.

Kindly wait forever.

Thanks.

Mobilink, JAZZ ......... NO INCOMING CALLS since morning, Customer Service says, problem with system in Lahore, anyone else experiencing the same behaviour?