Mobilink’s Death is Near Now, Zong Showed Highest Growth!

Pakistan Telecommunication Authority(PTA) has released a new chart showing the total number of subscribers different telecommunication companies had during the month of July 2008 and then during the month of August 2008. The following table quotes those statistics exactly:-

Company Subscribers in July 08 Subscribers in Aug 08 Increase/Decrease

Mobilink 32,056,336 31,578,241 -478,095

Ufone 18,368,074 18,600,511 232,437

Zong 4,446,024 4,803,058 357,034

Instaphone 351,135 321,134 -30,001

Telenor 18,329,428 18,316,157 -13,271

Warid 15,774,299 15,944,559 170,260

Total 89,325,296 89,563,660 238,364

It’s not shocking to see Mobilink losing a significant number of subscribers in just one month. The services and packages offered by Mobilink don’t attract the attention of many people specially teenagers. On the other hand, Zong acquired 357,034 customers in just one month thus showing the highest growth among telecommunication companies between the month of July 2008 and August 2008. It’s also interesting to see Telenor losing around 13 thousand subscribers. On the other hand, Ufone showed second highest growth with 232,437 more customers and Warid scored third growth wise with an increase of 170,260 customers in its lists.

nice find bro!

overall telecom sector is on fall... i doubt declaring death is an appropriate word for a single operator.

Isn't this due to blockage of unregistered SIMs?

PTA neither Mobilink confirmed its reason

Source: http://www.pakspider.com/mobilinks-death-is-near-now-zong-showed-highest-growth/

Also reported at: http://www.propakistani.com/2008/09/27/have-we-reached-cellular-bread-limit/

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

It’s also interesting to see Telenor losing around 13 thousand subscribers.
[/quote]

Its because they have also started to show typical “aadtein” Mobilink was famous for!

Isn’t this due to blockage of unregistered SIMs?
[/quote]

Its also one major reason as many people lost their numbers that counted to operators’ total customers

mobilink should die coz they dun care teenagers

see their sms rates to other network almost rs 2 its not fair kana

I also want Mobilink to die. And an insider revealed to me plans of Vodafone acquiring Mobilink next year.

Voda fone rumours are in Town for last three years

i also want to die/shut down mobilink

Vodafone should buy Mobilink and convert it into satellite/3G But our market is dead

sattelite not possible even if they started it u will not be benefited from it coz it requires special handset made for satellite reception our normal mobile fones are not capable of this reception.

and for 3G it is only possible if PTA allows it and made auction for the spectrum.

Guys, our market is not dead instead its almost at saturation point with respect to number of users and service plans. Operators are generating same revenues just that its not increasing at very rapid pace any more which is understandable, afterall it just can't always keep increasing.

Mobilink Call charges also very ver high. They should reduce to live with in telcome comunity.

Mobilink has always been a rascal in regard with rates whether sms or call.

Ya Market is going dead. we need something booming like 3G. I dont know why PTA is taking dat much long to auction the spectrum?

mobilink is one of the crapest service provider in pakistan.

but i am still using their postpaid and it is expensive to me but i still love 0300 code

mobilink is one of the crapest service provider in pakistan.

but i am still using their postpaid and it is expensive to me but i still love 0300 code

[/quote]

Err… you could you know… port your number… just a thought.

yes i know port option...

but my friend when i port out my number gives 3 tunes before give me ring...

so ppl will know that i port out. and seconds port numbers quality is not good i think

There is no such thing as a "port quality".

The beep is for everyone to know that they're calling a number that isn't on Mobilink's network - to prevent any deception and fraud.

yes i know port option…

but my friend when i port out my number gives 3 tunes before give me ring…

so ppl will know that i port out. and seconds port numbers quality is not good i think

[/quote]

I port my number form telenor to warid 5 months ago in my number no 3 tunes receive and work 100 for voice quilty and others services.