Mobilink replacement sim

I bought an iphone 4 for myself. Instead of going to the market for cutting the sim, i tried it myself with the help of youtube, and i ruined the sim :S :S

had to get replacement sim from mobilink but after visiting mobilink franchise at Y block dha i got to know that the sim was not registered under me or my fathers name rather an unkown name.. However sim was brought by my father, may be from some dukandar..

Since i had cut the sim the CSR was not able to see the numbers on the sim either and therefore he asked me to visit mobilink office in Gulberg.

I had been using this sim from the time when i got my first mobile.....Will i be able to get replacement sim with same number?? :(

Tomorrow's Sunday :s

Will visit mobilink gulberg office on Monday inshaAllah

You will first have to get this number registered against your name. Then you will be able to get the replacement SIM.

Yes you can. You have to bring your cellphones with you and show them the call records saved in your cellphones' memory. Ask them to match these with the record stored at company's network. Then your SIM can be verified that you are the original user. If you have SIM jacket for that SIM, bring it with you, it carries the code for SIM.

Ohh yeh i do have all the records in my previous mobile..

Sim jacket whats that?

If you are talking abt the sim card with the code on it, than i have cut the sim card and the code is not readable...

SIM cover, I mean to say. When you buy new SIM, it is rapped inside a cover and inside that cover, a jacket holds the SIM. Mobilink's jacket does not have any information on it, to my knowledge, but its cover do have serial no. of SIM tagged to it. If you have receipt, it will also help you. But record in your cellphone is enough to prove that the SIM was in your use.

[quote=“blogger, post:3, topic:16863”]

Yes you can. You have to bring your cellphones with you and show them the call records saved in your cellphones’ memory. Ask them to match these with the record stored at company’s network. Then your SIM can be verified that you are the original user. If you have SIM jacket for that SIM, bring it with you, it carries the code for SIM.
[/quote]

Even if he is able to prove that he has been using this SIMM, how does it prove him to be a rightful owner?

I don’t think this plea would work.

I'll look for the sim cover. I have hope i will find it. My father keeps things very organised :)

I've been told abt this record check procedure(call history etc) on other forum aswell and ppl are saying it works!

[quote=", post:6, topic:16863"]

Even if he is able to prove that he has been using this SIMM, how does it prove him to be a rightful owner?

I don’t think this plea would work.

[/quote]

Because he owns that cellphone. He can show the receipts of cellphone also to give strength to his claim. Later can be conformed by calling that owner in whom’s name the number is actually registered. If owner denies that he is not using this number then there is nothing but conviction that number was wrongly registered to his name.

Thank u guys i got my sim back yest.

i called 111 and got my old sim blocked by telling details like package plan, friends n family numbers, balance left, sms bundle.

Although i was wrong in telling the package plan :P but after telling the whole scenario to the CSR of the sim on unknown name and stuff, she was kind enough to block my sim.

After that i was able to get a new sim from the franchise :)

just go to mobilink office and tell them that you was using that sim they will verify your FNF numbers are they will ask you about latest cals you made and after that they will issue you new sim