Mobilink postpaid to prepaid conversion

hi all

please let me know that can we change our postpaid number of mobilink to a prepaid number ? the number will remain the same, can we ?

yes anytime you can change postpay to prepay same number you'll get in prepay

@ villageitboy

wrong info you provided , see what the mobilink is saying !!

Dear Sir,

With reference to your e-mail, please be informed that currently post to pre conversion is not being offered from our end.

Please do not hesitate to email at customercare@mobilink.net for further assistance.

Thank you for choosing MOBILINK GSM, we look forward to providing you excellent service in future.

Yours sincerely,

Obaid ur Rehman

Customer Communication

Customer Services

Yes, that's true... Mobilink is not offering package conversion from prepaid to postpaid or vice versa. As they have this special series that start from 8 designated to postpaid numbers, such as 0300-8xxxxxxx for post paid numbers. There are other couple of series as well.

All other operators offer such conversion seamlessly, on same number

A small correction here, Only Ufone is offering post to pre conversion facility...in case of telenor and warid they sell a postpaid connection to you and then they ask you to port in to Ufone..you port in to ufone and then convert your number from post to pre paid..once you are moved to pre paid, you then port out of ufone and port in to telenor or warid..

pretty good isnt it? :)

couldnt get your idea as a whole. can i port my mobilik postpaid number to ufone postpaid first and then change the nature of the number in ufone from postpaid to prepaid , is that so u mean ?

please let me know more about the porting.

You can port out to any of the prepaid service of pakistan using MNP and your number will remain same, if you want to go for mobilink prepaid then you will have to port to some other network for 2 months and then port in to mobilink prepaid again

When you port out you can port out to pre paid or post paid. It does't matter what you have on the network you are leaving.

So basically,you can port out,then port in after 60 days.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

couldnt get your idea as a whole. can i port my mobilik postpaid number to ufone postpaid first and then change the nature of the number in ufone from postpaid to prepaid , is that so u mean ?

please let me know more about the porting.

[/quote]

yeah u can do it

http://www.ufone.com/about_mnp.aspx

the given link leads to UFone Mobile Number Portability (FAQs) is any confusion about MNP just click.