Mobilink Network Outage

I guess some of you are aware - Mobilink was total out in Punjab yesterday from 10 PM till 4/5 AM in the morning.

here's the news - the outage was due to no fuel in generator; when light was gone, MSC lost cooling which burnt down the STP cards and they were of atleast 4-5millions :) The field supervisor was fired today ....

Hahaha!!! :D

Hilarious. Any reputable news source for this?

my connection was down till 5:30 in the morning but on the other hand my mum's mobilink no was working fine...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

here’s the news - the outage was due to no fuel in generator; when light was gone, MSC lost cooling which burnt down the STP cards and they were of atleast 4-5millions :) The field supervisor was fired today …
[/quote]

what the hell does MSC and STP mean?

and no, i wont google for every single NEW abbreviation posted every once in a while.

Abbas ‘Naalaayiq’ Jin

strange mine was working fine!! usually use it from 11:00pm to 12:00am for one hour.

Hahaha!!! :D

Hilarious. Any reputable news source for this?

[/quote]

yup me :)

btw Blackberry services were working at that time - just voice & sms got screwed up.

That is amazing. Should Mobilink not at least have power redundancy spanning two to three generators? You would think the Pakistan government would push them to do so, given that they are so they are reliant on public communication infrastructure in emergencies.

I guess some of you are aware - Mobilink was total out in Punjab yesterday from 10 PM till 4/5 AM in the morning.

here’s the news - the outage was due to no fuel in generator; when light was gone, MSC lost cooling which burnt down the STP cards and they were of atleast 4-5millions :) The field supervisor was fired today …

[/quote]

no card was burnt (they only got over heated and ceased their operation) and no one was fired however the rest is true

i hate mobilink, first of all i bought mobilink because everybody said to me thats its best network, then i threw my mobilink sim after few days.

Yesterday I was unable to use Mobilink GPRS. It didn't even work once from morning till night.

Turns out there was a problem with my BlackBerry. Pulled the battery and put it back and now GPRS is working.