Mobilink Mobile Money Order is good. Good job Mobilink but too late and too little. Why? Let me compare it a little bit:
For example, a comparison between MCB Bank Online Service and Mobilink Mobile Money Order. For this example, I am taking MCB Bank to compare, however, it might be true for some other banks too.
Person-ABC lives in Karachi.
Person-XYZ lives in Lahore.
Mobilink Mobile Money Order:
1) Person-ABC goes to GPO and open an account for MMO.
2) Person-XYZ goes to GPO and open an account for MMO.
3) Person-ABC send money using Mobilink's SMS to Person-XYZ's account.
4) Person-XYZ goes to GPO and cash money from his account.
MCB Online Banking Server
1) Person-ABC goes to MCB bank and open an account.
1) Person-XYZ goes to MCB bank and open an account.
3) Person-ABC login into MCB Online Server using his computer and electronically send money (transfer money) to Person-XYZ's account.
4) Person-XYZ goes to bank and cash money from his account.
Both procedures are same but both have their advantages and disadvantages.
1) Mobilink will not give any profit on your money while they held it. MCB will give you profit on your money while it's in your Saving Account.
2) You can pay utility bills through MCB, while you can't do this using Mobilink's MMO service.
3) You need a computer and internet access to utilize MCB's Online Services. Whereas, you need a cellphone to utilize Mobilink's MMO services.
That's why I said that it's too little. While banks gives you same service but with other advantages too.
What do you think guys? Which you'll prefer, a bank's online service or Mobilink's MMO service?
For myself, as of yet now, I'll go for banks' online services because they have more advantages than Mobilink's MMO services.
No interest! No utility bills paying! Lame service!