Mobilink, JAZZ ......... NO INCOMING CALLS since morning

Mobilink, JAZZ ......... NO INCOMING CALLS since morning, Customer Service says, problem with system in Lahore, anyone else experiencing the same behaviour?

no, did you try changing handset?

Yes, there is problem in Mobilink. I'm in Rawalpindi and there is no signal of Mobilink since morning. Even operator name "Mobilink" is not being displayed. The same issue is with almost all of my friends & relatives using Mobilink. While searching, I came across this site:

http://anarticles.com/archives/751

This article suggests that this problem is there since 3:00am. If it's so, it's over 16 hours that Mobilink is down in Rawalpindi/Islamabad (or maybe in other cities too) but why there is no news on any TV channel or website. I was expecting a hot discussion on WiredPakistan & ProPakistani but there is nothing! Is it lack of news or pressure from a big corporation?

ldn is down too and no discussion i smell something fishy around

Fire in main MSC of Mobilink in I-10/3. Complete network outage in North region of Pakistan.

Source: http://twitter.com/#search?q=mobilink%20fire

When media runs with money of big corporations like Mobilink, it is expected that media will hide any unfortunate incidents related with that organization. Long live "free media" of Pakistan!!!

I am in karachi and my jazz number is not working since morning however signals are shown full.

Yup, mlinks been down for a good 7 hours now in islamabad. I dont mind the outage, since i;ve got telenor for backup and its sunday.. but they should have the courtesy to inform their users who have been generous enough to stick with them over the years even though they have the crappiest tariff around and virtually no gprs packages. There no information on the website and nothing on the internet.... i mean seriously ? i am ok with the fire and the outage but atleast tell me whats wrong and how long will it take to get things back on track. I know two people i met today who thought there was something wrong with their cellphones etc... this is a big PR blunder. Its been 7 hours at-least...possibly more .... and they are just trying to cover it.. and i am sure they;ll be back with " We were upgrading our network" bullcrap once things start working...

http://propakistani.pk/2011/03/06/mobilink-goes-offline-in-north/

Mobilink is still down in Karachi. Is it down in all Pakistan ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yup, mlinks been down for a good 7 hours now in islamabad. I dont mind the outage, since i;ve got telenor for backup and its sunday… but they should have the courtesy to inform their users who have been generous enough to stick with them over the years even though they have the crappiest tariff around and virtually no gprs packages. There no information on the website and nothing on the internet… i mean seriously ? i am ok with the fire and the outage but atleast tell me whats wrong and how long will it take to get things back on track. I know two people i met today who thought there was something wrong with their cellphones etc… this is a big PR blunder. Its been 7 hours at-least…possibly more … and they are just trying to cover it… and i am sure they;ll be back with " We were upgrading our network" bullcrap once things start working…
[/quote]

It’s Pakistan and you know it’s not in our culture to admit mistake. Mobilink or any other organization here won’t be courteous enough to admit. Some inside sources have revealed that this issue is not a small one and it may take upto 2-3 days to recover. And yes, Mobilink will surely advertise in newspapers (after problem is fixed) and will apologize to customers for any inconvenience that may have occurred and “thanks” for being with Mobilink in the time of crisis.

It’s Pakistan and you know it’s not in our culture to admit mistake. Mobilink or any other organization here won’t be courteous enough to admit. Some inside sources have revealed that this issue is not a small one and it may take upto 2-3 days to recover. And yes, Mobilink will surely advertise in newspapers (after problem is fixed) and will apologize to customers for any inconvenience that may have occurred and “thanks” for being with Mobilink in the time of crisis.

[/quote]

That’s exactly what I predicted! Mobilink has made it a routine. They are dead & in grave when there is crisis and when crisis is over, their customer service department becomes alive, jumps out of the grave and starts issuing these ads and statements:

http://e.thenews.com.pk/3-8-2011/pic.asp?picname=12_03.gif

That’s God they are not in government. Otherwise, whenever there was any flood or earthquake, they would be hibernating and will come back to life only after crisis is ended.

and a big hand to media. I wish they had courtesy to tell how much they were paid by Mobilink to hide these news.

Although the basic cellular services (calls and SMS) are restored. But GPRS/EDGE is still not functioning here in Rawalpindi. Even though my phone shows "E" (for EDGE) or GPRS connection but still no communication.

I contacted few of my friends and nobody is able to use Mobilink's GPRS/EDGE.

Who else here has problems using Mobilink's GPRS/EDGE? And what is your location?

^ Gud to see u back...

I faced the trouble with all of the services on Mobilink the first day of issue late in evening. But receiving/making calls was fine and never interrupted. Packet Data (GPRS/EDGE) signals were visible to the phone but it never connected or even didn't attempted to connect. that day.

I was in Sheikupura that time

But it was fixed more or less till morning when I left for the Office. Reaching office in Lahore the GPRS/EDGE was acting pretty same as in home. Like it was some times attempting to connect or some times just didn't. Then later (a few hours) it was fully restored with other services.

Today I noticed the same "attempts to connect" with 'E' while I was stuck in the traffic. But it was for just a few minutes. Or may be it was on that specific location where I was stuck.

Possible that still they are having trouble with few customers at few locations.

^ Thank you. It's good to see that wiredpakistan is still thriving as ever.

I couldn't find time to check wiredpakistan, first due to illness of my father and then his death. Family always comes first. May Allah give him a place in His heaven.

As of the Mobilink GPRS/EDGE, I am very disappointed by Mobilink. It's not just their poor service or poor recovery from Force Majeure disaster (could happen to anyone). But their reliance on badly shaped infrastructure. Everything in one place?! Seriously! Any terrorist attack can cripple their network anytime. If this is how other cellular networks work then few well-place explosives can bring down all cellular services to halt in Northern part of country.

Seriously, Mobilink need to reevaluate their infrastructure and try distributed network instead of putting all eggs in one basket.

Oh it's really sad to hear about your father. May Allah give him a place in heaven. Amen!

About Mobilink, or any other network. Or even any other nature of business. I just can't blame them. Because nothing is crap more than the speedily increasing inflation (specially in our great Country) which has influenced every single entity of business and still it is affecting.

But yes I agree on that Mobilink is loosing its ground on many other aspects regarding services. Specially the poor internet (GPRS/EDGE) services.

^ Thank you. It’s good to see that wiredpakistan is still thriving as ever.

I couldn’t find time to check wiredpakistan, first due to illness of my father and then his death. Family always comes first. May Allah give him a place in His heaven.

[/quote]

Dear

It’s very sad to know about the death of your father. May Allah Pak give him a place in heaven. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the passing of your father. May Allah Pak bless you and your family during this time and always.

On the behalf of Wired Pakistan members I want to tell you that we are deeply saddened by your loss. We are with you during this time of grief.

May peace and hope

Be yours today and always.

May Allah give him a place in His heaven.
[/quote]

Amen!

@wampyr, may your father's soul rest in peace!

--