Mobilink is so pathetic

I have decided to make use of MNP option and port out of this bloody company.

On the 15th they told me I have 75 rupees outstanding bill,I paid them 150 rs and stopped using the connection. I thinki barely made 2-3 calls and yesterday they told me I had an outstanding bill of 38 rupess.I paid 100 rupees,aj kal mein honey wala hey mera number convert aek aur service mein. And today I get this message that rs.50 have been credited from mobilink to my account as supposedly offered earlier. Anyway,I called their helpline and they told me I have 114 rupees outstanding! I made exactly two calls,my line rent is rs.100 what the hell is mobilink upto?

I wonder if they were robbing me blind all these months when I was't checking the bill carefully..

I am so mad at them right now...

Mobilink miss guide customer. When you check your balance from help line than they dont show your fixed charges as well as taxes. Thats why confused. Just add monthly fixed charged and taxes in your help line balance than it would be same.

To which mobile service you opting for MNP?

Telenor

In Karachi, I found Telenor worst service even worst than Mobilink. I think Ufone is better but it is ur choice and must have checked it before opt for Telenor. I also request you to please post here your experince after finally you MNP on Telenor.

Telenor is the only one offering indoor coverage in my village...

And my village is only 10 miles from the city. Coverage of Telenor in rural areas is amazing,thats how they have captured a lot of market. MNP is cool,you have to pay only 100 rs extra to migrate to another network.

I would have opted for UFone had Ufone been covering my village(full coverage). I am using Djuice(two mobiles) and the service is not that bad actually..

I am using Indigo and I am quite satisfied from one year. actually it doesn't look nice when u have to make a mecessory call and u don't have balace.

any how. what is indoor & Outdoor coverage? any difference

If you don't have any other option apart from Telenor then go for it otherwise, I've been using Telenor for two and a half years and I would not recommend it. Ufone or Warid are better.

I am using mobilink post paid since about 8 to 9 years and generally satsfied with service but cost of per call is high as compare to others. I worked my one month bill with ufone package and found that just Rs. 50 to Rs. 100/- would be less in my about Rs. 1,000/- bill of mobilink.

If Telenor service is good in your village than go for it, you dont have any option than.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am using Indigo and I am quite satisfied from one year. actually it doesn’t look nice when u have to make a mecessory call and u don’t have balace.

any how. what is indoor & Outdoor coverage? any difference

[/quote]

By default coverage means on-road coverage. Indoor coverage comes with it for free but normally the operators dont take responsibility for it. except if ur a high value or corporate customer and ur having signal problems at ur premises then they will look into it and possibly install an indoor BTS if necessary.

except if ur a high value or corporate customer and ur having signal problems at ur premises then they will look into it and possibly install an indoor BTS if necessary.
[/quote]

what does BTS stand for?

In my office building in Karachi, there is about 5 mobilink numbers working and we were not getting signal or could not send or recive call or call just for couple of seconds. I complained to mobilink and they called me back and asked detail and in about 2 days problem solvoed. Now, we are getting good receiption in office. They have not done any thing in our office premises.

what does BTS stand for?
[/quote]

Base Transceiver Station.

I did the same thing with Telenor, except in my locality. They fixed it completely in about two or three weeks from that point onwards. Impressive, I'd say!

Btw, has anyone seen the Mobilink ad where they say "There is no such thing as a free lunch in life"? I mean - seriously! All the GSM operators but Mobilink are offering something for free!

It went on to say "when you pay nothing, you get nothing: no value, no connectivity and no coverage" (I don't remember the exact workds). And I'm like.... Hmmm.... just look who's talking!

Updates:I deposited 300 rupees.. Next day i tried to check the status 111 would not connect..When it did,it told me my bill is one million twenty two thousand and a long list ..the lady went on and on,lol. After a few hours,when I was able to connect again..The bill lady went like: Zero bill zero outstanding zero paid lastpayment zero ..lol

The operator told me my balance is -675 which makes much more sense..

Anyway the computer finally regained consiousness and told my balance is -170+..So,lso far so good..

Mobilink is not a bad company,their helpline is very good,but everytime mobilink sucks,bad memories from the past come rushing..lol..Mobilink is not what it used to be,its much better now..It is expensive but its good..But the coverage in rural areas atleast in central punjab where I have had first hand experience,indoor coverage is better with telenor in most areas..

I have not tried Ufone for ages,I would have migrated to Ufone if I was getting coverage in my house back in my village. Its really annoying having your mobile say emergency calls only and E instead of a G(Gprs) taunting you when you are in your room at ur village:)!

And about coverage..Well I can help you out on that trust me..I had the signals issue in my neighbourhood. After months of complaining,one day I woke up to see full signals on my mobile..Have not had a problem regarding signals since then. I complained like more then15 times I think..

Even in the basement I get good signals with telenor ..

There are two areas of coverage.. Outdoor coverage and Indoor coverage..

If your area is included in the in door coverage area,and you are facing signal problems they would eventually fix it..Tell them to register a complain and give you a complain number..

Outdoor coverage areas on the other hand are a different issue altogether,if you are getting coverage indoors in that area your luck..Service provider does not guarentee that..

i had indigo number , i closed it due to their over billing , i didnt used my number for one month , with zero line rent package , i got bill of 1734 ruppee , i asked them to show me the details of it , but they had no details of it , so i throw my sim away and now i m happy with my Warid Postpaid

hate mobilink, got rid of it long time, brings up bad memories

Now check zong postpaid dey gave u 900 free minutes zong to zong 300 zong to other and they deduct ur free minutes when ur bill is generated.So if u make calls all the time by using ur free minutes u use ur credit limit before u use free minutes and they simply blocked ur phone even u say dem i have my free minutes dey say u exceeded ur limit lol i m confused what dey upto :S(linerent = 1000)

i too hate jazz..and want to switch it over. but cant decide btwn ufone and warid.

please advise

plx help!!

i too hate jazz…and want to switch it over. but cant decide btwn ufone and warid.

please advise

[/quote]

It depends on your usage…These days its so easy porting out(I ported out successfully and now I am considering porting out to Ufone) you can port out to Ufone or warid…And if you don’t like the service provider,you can port out again in 60 days…

I personally like Ufone better…It has good coverage…Public demand package and sms packages suit me… And good connectivity… I would prefer Ufone… But due to havier taxation on Prepaid,and the 5% “service charges” everytime you load a card I would prefer post paid…