Mobilink EDGE

Has anyone tried Mobilink EDGE!? I am using it on my laptop connected to blackberry and the speed is pathetic. It's equal to GPRS and I feel no speed difference. Has any one used it? How's the speed?

in which area of karachi are u using Mobilink's EDGE? i dont know other place other than some in Islamabad!

It is available inside Agha Khan Hospital in some places like when you are coming from parking lot to main building on your way you will find EDGE.

It is also available at Karachi Airport.

And it is also available on Shara-e-Faisal in some places where my office is. Like in the office, the table where I sit, if I place my blackberry in a specific position at a specific place on the table then it gets EGDE other wise not :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

It is available inside Agha Khan Hospital in some places like when you are coming from parking lot to main building on your way you will find EDGE.

It is also available at Karachi Airport.

And it is also available on Shara-e-Faisal in some places where my office is. Like in the office, the table where I sit, if I place my blackberry in a specific position at a specific place on the table then it gets EGDE other wise not :)

[/quote]

lol, if that’s how poor the EDGE signal is in your office, then you can’t blame it for slow speed.

P.S. how much speed are you getting?

I am getting 1.5-2.5 KB/sec on both EDGE and GPRS.

And I get full signals but still very slow speed.

I have seen the E sign at a few random places in Karachi, but the speed never seems to be any faster than GPRS.

I have seen the E sign at a few random places in Karachi, but the speed never seems to be any faster than GPRS.
[/quote]

Exactly!

I am getting 1.5-2.5 KB/sec on both EDGE and GPRS.

And I get full signals but still very slow speed.

[/quote]

That’s very low even for GPRS. On my ufone GPRS, I’m getting an average speed of 5kb/sec (though it’s annoyingly erratic sometimes, and decreases to less than 2kb at evenings).

I am getting 8k/b on Ufone GPRS =)

well I am getting more than 3 -5 KBps on mobilink. I think they made improvements in their system. i am using GPRS , not EDGE but speed quite well and browising is too fast as compared to Dial up in my Laptop.

Ahmad, just a quickie: GPRS-based browsing will be slower than dialup.

Yes, GPRS is consistent (in terms of the downstream, subject to conditions), but it's incorrect to say it's faster.

wel dear i am not going to use dial up , cause i think GPRS is far better as its unlimited and you people really don't believe it browsing is real fast than dial up. and speed test show it 32 - 40 kbps. consistantly

wel dear i am not going to use dial up , cause i think GPRS is far better as its unlimited and you people really don’t believe it browsing is real fast than dial up. and speed test show it 32 - 40 kbps. consistantly
[/quote]

Please let me know which unlimited you talking. I had mobilink GPRS/EDGE unlimited and now not just becuase it speed day by day decreasing. Which area and city you live? And what time you exprience such speed?

I am post paid Indigo user and use GPRS unlimited for 500 + tax. browising and downloading is good all the day and night. but after 12 of night it become superb. downloading almost at 4.5 KBps. and unlimited means 24 hour download.

I belong to Gujranwala

In Karachi, Mobilink GRPS is super slow. There have been times when it's just slow, but in 3 years of Mobilink GPRS it's been uniformly terrible.

I am post paid Indigo user and use GPRS unlimited for 500 + tax. browising and downloading is good all the day and night. but after 12 of night it become superb. downloading almost at 4.5 KBps. and unlimited means 24 hour download.

I belong to Gujranwala

[/quote]

Ok, so I was using same package but in Karachi and was too slow but yes, later night it was little good but not super speed.

i am getting now more than 4.70 KBps and consistanatly it move between 4.25 to 5 KBps. so i think it is good enough for GPRS ...............

For all iPhone / iPod touch users, and people who like music of course, try musicradio.com on your iPhone / iPod touch. Now on wifi it works great, listening to captial 95.8. It would be great if i could listen to it over EDGE / GPRS while on the move. The music on EDGE / GPRS plays but intermittently, with the exception in one area, where the phone was showing the "E" sign, and the stream didn't break even once. But that never happens on multiple / different locations(even when the "E" shows up), where i would want it to work. Oh i'm using warid's GPRS by the way.

Also my question is.. whose GPRS / EDGE service is king ? Anyone tried Zong's yet?