Mobilink EDGE

I want to take mobilink EDGE/GPRS connection. Asper website monthly charges are Rs. 500/. What are the connection charges? Is there any any cap on download?

Currently I am using Zong but there is a cap of 2 GB. If month period expires or download limit reaches, it charges @ Rs. 15/MB without any notice. This is what happened with me. I am using their monthly plan and my period expired yesterday. I had a balance of Rs. 61/- which reduced to zero without my knowledge. I did receive sms reagaring expiration of month two days prior but I assumed that service would be automatically suspended.When I complained they told me that I had been charged Rs. 51 plus tax for extra usage.

I think it is totally unfair to charge @ Rs. 15/MB once usage limit or period expires. Instead they should suspend service or introduce other reasonable incremental tariffs like that warid offers i.e Rs.0.20 / MB. 1 MB on computer is consumed in less than a minute. Imagine if I had a balance of 480 - just short of their monthly charges - it would have been consumed in less than an hour!

zong sucks

It depends on the user.... i too am a zong user & i am also using their unlimited internet package, but unfortunately i am satisfied with their service, and i dont have any issues with them.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

It depends on the user… i too am a zong user & i am also using their unlimited internet package, but unfortunately i am satisfied with their service, and i dont have any issues with them.
[/quote]

Have you ever run out of 2GB monthly quota like vaq did?

i dnt think zong is good to use at pc... it sjust good for mobile use not for pc as web pages get hanged and open hi nahi hitay itna time lagta hai

@hafsooo The signal strength of Zong in your area must be poor...... Or you're opening High Content (Heavy) Websites.

@wampyr No

I have tried all I can to use up my 4gb cap as it's gonna expire on 6th july

I have watched thousands of youtube videos, i am always on internet on my Pc and during load shedding on mobile, i stream radio and music, I download and upload scripts to my web server, i have done all i could and still when I check I have used only 1.2gb and I activated previous 6th june

I am satisfied with zong

If you really want to reach your quota then just download a couple of torrents.

^ If you really want to download torrents then get dsl.

i have complete coverage of zong at my home.... then wat is the problem with it sometimes it takes me 15 minutes to open a web page......i just want it to use for uni purpose as i am a student of vu.... any1 cud try to oepn www.vu.edu.pk aur vulms.edu.pk and tell me how much time it takes by zong

and the youtube stuff.......... GOd it takes 2 hours to watcha single song..... i get angary at that other than zong which is the best one as i have to buy some other connection ?????? i have heard waris is best so waht do u people think shall i buy that one??? and i wish wateen or wimax or wi tribe cud work here............... an operator told me of wi tribe that it wud b avaiable in murree with in 3 months i wish that cud really happen as my uni will start in october.......

^ LISTEN, your mobile phone DOES NOT have EDGE, you simply CANNOT get High Speed.

The MAX speed you can get is 7kbps.

UNDERSTAND?

ya now i know it and one thing more there is no edge in murree of zong

is nokia 5310 good for edge or not???? shall i buy that one ??? there but there is no 3g in it???// will it effect the speed or is it fine for edge????

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

is nokia 5310 good for edge or not??? shall i buy that one ??? there but there is no 3g in it???// will it effect the speed or is it fine for edge???
[/quote]

5310 is a good phone.

3g is currently useless in pakistan & 3g does not affects EDGE in anyway.

rite..........