Mobile's USB Charging vs Electric Charging

I want to know charging mobiles from electric outlet or via USB (connected with laptop/PC) is same or they are charged faster when using electric outlet?

I use both methods, sometime I notice the mobile is charged faster when connected with PC/laptop but sometime electric outlet does the fast job.

What is the actual science?

normal PC USB 2.0 port is rated at 500mA 5V so when you plug your phone in PC it will charge at this rate

but if your phone which came with 2100mA 5V charger and you plug in to AC wall socket then of course it will charge faster compare to PC USB port

Different phones use different mechanics. The majority of phones charge faster via AC outlet compared to USB charging mode though. Android phones even specify which mode they're charging in when you go to the Settings>About>Status.

vWa1XJY.png 9eBT71U.png

Personally, I've noticed my phone charge notably faster in AC mode as compared to USB mode.

The more Amps, the faster it will charge. The voltage should be same or else you may damage the phone/tablet.

I have a 2A AC outlet charger, and it charges a tablet in just 30 minutes compared to USB or 500mA electric charger, which takes around 2 ~ 2.5+ hours for 15% to 100% charge.

Insted of electricaly charging ... USB charging is more secur and consume less energy ...

[quote=“jani, post:, topic:”]

I want to know charging mobiles from electric outlet or via USB (connected with laptop/PC) is same or they are charged faster when using electric outlet?

I use both methods, sometime I notice the mobile is charged faster when connected with PC/laptop but sometime electric outlet does the fast job.

What is the actual science?

[/quote]

USB 2.0 port is rated at 500ma..as people said above. this was standard charging for phones a few years back when batteries were not that advanced.. now with large batteries and tablets with upto 4000mah capacity, usb charging will take forever to charge them.

the science is that usb 2.0 is a decade old technology only recently replaced by 3.0. with 3.0 you can charge at around 2 amps which is the standard charging amp for iphones 4s and above. androids have larger batteries and can take much more amps as well.. therefore mobo manufactures eg Gigabyte MSI and Asus now offer boost charging modes on their 3.0 ports which allow for temporary increase in amps for faster charging.,.. this all can happen upto the limits of the USB 3 port technology .. which will soon be superceded by another 3.1 with even more features and power

the electric wall charging is totally depednant on the charger.. every company makes its own charger according the phone they bundle it with.. most phones come with a 1 amp 5v charger.. some come with 2 amps charger. the reason is that each charger is matched to the charging rate of the battery of that specific phone. if you connect a 1 amp charger for a phone requiring 2 amps for optimal charging, it will still charge, but at half the rate of the 2 amp charger.. if you charge a 1 amp capable battery with a 3 amp charger it will decrease battery life, heat up the phone ,. battery will swell and soon lead to damage to phone.

the charging for phone is best matched with the supplied ORIGINAL charger.. rapid chargers slightly increase the voltage or have bigger transformers to allow for faster flow of current. a 2 amps charger is easily compatible with almost all modern phones..

some companies make propriety chargers.. sony xperia has some models with charger which will rapid charge THAT phone in one less hour from 0-100%.. but will charge at normal rate with every other phone, even another xperia,.

[quote="faraz.hassan, post:5, topic:21146"]

Insted of electricaly charging ... USB charging is more secur and consume less energy ...

[/quote]

NO..

Thanks for the details, I have a habit of connecting USB port to my Android phone whenever I use my online. This way my phone keeps charging, but yes it takes so much time to fully charged.

Anyways. Now I understand the difference between both charging methods :)

when i connect my Android phone with pc i don't why keyboard changes from SwiftKey to default Android keyboard

^You probably have SwiftKey installed on SD-Card. When you connect to PC, SD-Card and external storages are dismounted from Android.

^ no its not like you says its an issue in android 4.1

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
The issue is that Google Play installs paid apps in a particular location on your phone and that in some versions of Android (particularly 4.1 on Samsung devices) this location is not available at the point in the boot process where keyboards are being switched on. So your phone does not know that you have SwiftKey, and it defaults back to the phone’s keyboard

[/quote]

The quoted text implies that it relates to boot/startup process, whereas your problem as you described it happens when you connect your Android to PC.

It happens at booth process when I do USB mount or restart

now I am using 4.1 I’m going to update with 4.4 will see if problem still remains