MOBILES-A way to distort the youth?!

I want to ask all of u about the concept of mobiles!!!they are the cause of big change in our society,indeed.No one can deny that.

But is this change reformative or destructive??????

both it depends on one's use!

but so far as the packages by MOBILE COMPANIES are concerned,are the not leading to the wrong path..all youngsters keep on chating all the time wasting their critical years(mostly F.Sc)!!!

^^what exactly u think they should be doing?

The late night free calls package should be renamed as Aashiqo'n ka package

ahh, whats with this decency, just call it chane baaz package (;

Nah.. You have to distribute your time evenly to studies and other stuff.. Once a person can do that, then he should be ok..

I use night call packages, i play games.. i use internet 24/7.. But i also study and get good grades so i dont see how these sort of things effect me.. It all depends on how the user prioritizes stuff. You cant just blame a technology for that..

Plus when a kid is in FSC, they should KNOW what is wrong and what is good for them.. Studies come first, if you're doing the studies properly.. It doesnt really matter what you do when you're not studying.

you opened my eyes alamode, ha.

btw, whats that suppose to mean?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Plus when a kid is in FSC, they should KNOW what is wrong and what is good for them
[/quote]

Plus when a kid is in FSC, they should KNOW what is wrong and what is good for them… Studies come first, if you’re doing the studies properly… It doesnt really matter what you do when you’re not studying.
[/quote]

There are more healthy and productive ways to utilize your free time. And studies aren’t the only social responsibility of the youth today. I do not want to add further as I will sound like a preachy old man. :P

you opened my eyes alamode, ha.

btw, whats that suppose to mean?

[/quote]

By that i mean that a student in FSC has enough understanding on how much time he needs to allocate to studies and they are big enough to understand how important studies are.

And yeah there are more healthy and productive way to utilize your time but you cannot just take one technology and just blame everything on that.

grow up guys... in this way every thin has negitive aspects... it doesnt mean tht stop usin every thin... every thin depends on the usage... the first reply from saad sums it all up...

And yeah there are more healthy and productive way to utilize your time but you cannot just take one technology and just blame everything on that.
[/quote]

That’s true; the technology isn’t to be blamed here. It’s the people and social trends that are to blamed. :

Night packages are good :P , you cant just bound ur teenagers caz that way they wont progress comparatively in other fields of life against other nations.

just like alamode said, i'd like to say the same.

i talk on phone alot. Also text alot! play games, watch tv/movies, read books, go out and still study my best and get good grades.

now if you bring the topic of utilising one's free time in other activities, its totally dependant on one's choice. if you like cricket, it doesnt mean i should choose the same activity for pass-time.

besides, mobiles have really shortened gaps b/w many people. families can now talk to any family member instantly whenever needed. Mobiles are much more positively useful than they are evil.

I tend to think of these night packages like drugs you start using them for fun and in no time you are addicted and wait for the day to pass and clock to show 12 'o clock. Anybody can get addicted but the young school/college guys are most vulnerable. This definitely affects whatever you do in the day. PTA should ban these packages in my opinion.

Nah… You have to distribute your time evenly to studies and other stuff… Once a person can do that, then he should be ok…

I use night call packages, i play games… i use internet 24/7… But i also study and get good grades so i dont see how these sort of things effect me… It all depends on how the user prioritizes stuff. You cant just blame a technology for that…

Plus when a kid is in FSC, they should KNOW what is wrong and what is good for them… Studies come first, if you’re doing the studies properly… It doesnt really matter what you do when you’re not studying.

[/quote]

BUT almonade,this is the time in which u are least unaware of what are u doing???

and I have seen that once u become SMS FREAK,it is very difficult to get away with that,100% sure…

BUT almonade,this is the time in which u are least unaware of what are u doing???

and I have seen that once u become SMS FREAK,it is very difficult to get away with that,100% sure…

[/quote]

Yea you’re exactly right… I always get the unlimited sms package of Ufone every month and i usually finish off all my sms. But how long does it take to sms? Barely 20-25 seconds… Or if its a really long message maybe 1 minute… I’d say the time people spend on mobiles is very negligible…

I would say TV, Internet, games and Films etc are more responsible for distorting the youth then mobiles, because with these things, youth usually spend alot of time on it. Like people just get addicted to some stuff like im addicted to a load of English TV Series, i keep downloading them all the time and view them… I play games alot… Watch movies alot… These things take alot more time then mobile phones so i’d say these technologies have more of an impact then mobiles.

Anyway, i just think people have to learn to prioritize between their leisure time and study time. Once a person gets that right, they usually do ok.

I agree. Once you have learned how to prioritize things than everything is OK. but the problem is in your youth days most of us don't realize what we are doing and what possible impact it could have on our future that's when you need guidance and vigilance of someone who is more prudent.