Mobile SIM contacts mysteriously vanish

Recently, all of the contacts stored on my warid pre-paid SIM mysteriously vanished. All numbers + names that have been there for several years. I did not attempt to delete them and nobody else had access to my phone. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this as this is the second time in about 2yrs that it has happened to me out of the blue.

Any ideas what could've triggered it?

did you backup your contacts with Service provider? if yes than you can get back your list just reconfirm them your civil ID card with full name and some security codes (if set) then they will send you configuration messages save them and you'll again has your list in phone book

Warid offers 64K SIMs where you can store more contacts. This SIM has two internal memory banks, only one bank works at a time. You can switch between memory banks using the Warid Icon which appears in the settings menu of your cell phone.

There is a probability that all your contacts are in bank 1 and you accidentally witched to bank 2, or may they are actually deleted.

Did you change your phone recently?

Some phones dont really show your sim contacts upfront...

[quote=", post:3, topic:16106"]

Warid offers 64K SIMs where you can store more contacts. This SIM has two internal memory banks, only one bank works at a time. You can switch between memory banks using the Warid Icon which appears in the settings menu of your cell phone.

There is a probability that all your contacts are in bank 1 and you accidentally witched to bank 2, or may they are actually deleted.

[/quote]

Man you are a total genius!!! Thanks so much! I didn’t know about this and as I’m so curious (remember, curiosity killed the cat!), I think I pressed the Fone book 500 link under the Warid menu and it switched to the other memory bank like you said. I switched again and now all my contacts are back.

Funny thing is, I called up Warid and told them about the mysterious disappearance of my contacts but as you can imagine, they don’t have the common-sense, presence of mind or awareness to explain this feature to users and just brushed me aside.

Thanks again friend and everyone else who commented. You were a big help! Much appreciated. :)

[quote=“johnny98, post:5, topic:16106”]

Thanks again friend and everyone else who commented. You were a big help! Much appreciated. :)
[/quote]

Anytime :)

I always appreciate the OPs who come back and provide feedback. Glad to know that it worked for you.