Mobile Prices Increasd as new duty imposed 29 august 2008 update

well guys in very short as we all know govt has increase duty on all electrical devices , including tv, mobiles etc,

so prices which i got a from a friend who deal in whole sale mobiles is like that , so be update with prices now

mobile price range

1 rs - 10000 rs = 300 Rs price increased

10000 and above = 600 Rs price increased

so bai log 3310 ka zamana anye wala hai

I bought my SE K550 for 9500 Rs in April. Since July it is being sold at 10,500 Rs. And now I am gearing up for more.

i m happy to see price hike in mobiles cause most of us [!@#$ ppl] using expensive mobiles for just show off. even most of ppl dont know how to operate.

bhai is ki tune to set kerdo

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i m happy to see price hike in mobiles cause most of us [!@#$ ppl] using expensive mobiles for just show off. even most of ppl dont know how to operate.

[/quote]

I agree most of pakistanis buy expensive mobile set and even they dont know how to use simple bluetooth. I am witness of few guys.

bacuse mobiles must have two features only

1-call receiving facility

2-sms

:|

many would disagree,however!!!!

[/quote]

My friend you don’t get the government’s target,

the target is not those wealthy people but the middle and the lower class.

For example the duty will be the same whether the mobile phone is worth Rs 1500 or 15,000.

but that will effect people who is not seeking for luxury but for needs.

The current government view is simple

I you are from poor class you will be looking for a mobile around Rs. 1500, you will pay 750 (total since current budget) duty or 50% of the phone value.

But if you are rich looking for mobile Rs. 15000 or up then you will pay just 5% or less of the mobile phone value.

Thats why they don’t set the fixed % on mobiles phones because to protect the wealthy class and rip off the lower class.

[/quote]

Totally agree…

Apart from Gvt’s prospective ( Which is also true that hit the iron when its hot )… I Do think that most of the “shiny mobile phone” holders of this country are totally illiterate, they don’t even know what " mega pixel " implies … but still " iss main 5 mega pixel camera hai "

We are blind… and buying torches :confused:

Having said that, the govt gets justified for what they doing… you know they have needs too :D

proof from WP

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=45970#p45970