Mobile phones 'more dangerous than smoking'

Mobile phones 'more dangerous than smoking'

Mobile phones could kill far more people than smoking or asbestos, a study by an award-winning cancer expert has concluded. He says people should avoid using them wherever possible and that governments and the mobile phone industry must take "immediate steps" to reduce exposure to their radiation.

The study, by Dr Vini Khurana, is the most devastating indictment yet published of the health risks. It draws on growing evidence – exclusively reported in the IoS in October – that using handsets for 10 years or more can double the risk of brain cancer. Cancers take at least a decade to develop, invalidating official safety assurances based on earlier studies which included few, if any, people who had used the phones for that long.

Earlier this year, the French government warned against the use of mobile phones, especially by children. Germany also advises its people to minimise handset use, and the European Environment Agency has called for exposures to be reduced. Professor Khurana – a top neurosurgeon who has received 14 awards over the past 16 years, has published more than three dozen scientific papers – reviewed more than 100 studies on the effects of mobile phones. He has put the results on a brain surgery website, and a paper based on the research is currently being peer-reviewed for publication in a scientific journal.

He admits that mobiles can save lives in emergencies, but concludes that "there is a significant and increasing body of evidence for a link between mobile phone usage and certain brain tumours". He believes this will be "definitively proven" in the next decade. Noting that malignant brain tumours represent "a life-ending diagnosis", he adds: "We are currently experiencing a reactively unchecked and dangerous situation." He fears that "unless the industry and governments take immediate and decisive steps", the incidence of malignant brain tumours and associated death rate will be observed to rise globally within a decade from now, by which time it may be far too late to intervene medically.

"It is anticipated that this danger has far broader public health ramifications than asbestos and smoking," says Professor Khurana, who told the IoS his assessment is partly based on the fact that three billion people now use the phones worldwide, three times as many as smoke. Smoking kills some five million worldwide each year, and exposure to asbestos is responsible for as many deaths in Britain as road accidents.

Late last week, the Mobile Operators Association dismissed Khurana's study as "a selective discussion of scientific literature by one individual". It believes he "does not present a balanced analysis" of the published science, and "reaches opposite conclusions to the WHO and more than 30 other independent expert scientific reviews".

source

i cant get myself to agree with this article, :-/ ... mainly because of the fact that i am smsing from my cell ateast 20% of the WHOLE DAY, i talk on my phone non-stop for atleast 3.5 HRS daily on average.

that means a confirm freaking brain tumours in 1 decade :-| ...sucks!

The SAR values are too low thesedays, no enough to do any harm

*yawn* .. I can't care less. The fume and the dark smoke of trucks on the road suffocates me enough. Do things get worse than that? err. don't tell me if they do :lol:

I heard an incident of a Death of person due to calling . Some people says that its suferficial . Big Deal ? WTF

Yea, and I heard I will receive a call from an unknown number and die.

P.S. Just on the lighter side.

That article is true! I don't smoke, drink or take any kind of drugs. But just after using cell phone for two years, I got brain cancer (though got operated).

But bad-side of technology doesn't end here. Due to CRT monitor, I lost my eye-sight, got operated and got new eye-balls (thanks to donor).

While driving, I lost my legs. It's all due to technology known as "automobile". I am sure I won't loose my legs, if I was riding a horse. That's why I stop using drill-machine after I lost my thumb. Bad technologies!

The other day, I almost got electrocuted. The worst technology yet in human history, electricity. Total waste of natural resources and it's totally against nature (light in night's darkness). Electricity is work of devil as it is against nature's laws. Moreover, when electricity run through wires it pushes electrons and thus creates EMF (Electro-Magnetic Field). Moreover, scientists in Germany had confirmed by series of experiments in 20 years that electricity also creates EMR (Electro-Magnetic Radiation). You all know how bad radiation is.

Scientists in Switzerland had gave a detailed report after 40 years of research that Radio is cause of many illnesses around the world. Before the invention of Radio, cancer and many other diseases were very limited in number. However, after the invention of Radio, the radio stations around the world started to release harmful radiation (much more powerful than today's cellphones). Moreover, during and after World War 2, another technology came in existence, Radar (based on Radio technology). Many countries have extensive use of civilian (mostly air-planes) and army. Radar release extremely harmful radiation (thousands of times higher than cellphones). All these radiations increase the rate of cancer 10,000 times more than it was 200 years back.

Protect yourself, destroy everything you have that contains plastic or uses electricity or uses bio-fuel. Think again, all these things will kill you. Have mercy on yourself and people around you.

Fe-Aman Allah.

P.S. This post is 100% sarcastically written. Don't believe a single word of this piece of s*** that I wrote. It's just for a laugh (if you get what I am trying to say :D).

^ lol , funny post there wampyr, you actually got me with the 1st line, i was shocked to read that you had brain-cancer.

i have heard using mobile phones does pose a small risk of cancer>>>so just use a headphone with your mobile>>and keep the mobile away from your head!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ lol , funny post there wampyr, you actually got me with the 1st line, i was shocked to read that you had brain-cancer.
[/quote]

Thanks. At least somebody got my point :)

I would be more worried about what's in your water than what is coming out of your cellphone.

Perspective, 70% off, for a limited time only. Inquire within.

i have heard using mobile phones does pose a small risk of cancer>>>so just use a headphone with your mobile>>and keep the mobile away from your head!!
[/quote]

That’s why Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, China, Western Europe, Pakistan, India, USA has the largest number of cancer because people in these countries uses a lot of cellphone. I believe every person die with cancer in Japan and South Korea? Don’t they? They should have high number of cancer patients because they uses cellphone a lot more than rest of world. Isn’t correct? WRONG! Japan has very low cancer percentage.

If these countries doesn’t have higher number of cancer than rest of world then there is seriously wrong with hypothesis of cancer and cellphones.

By the way, just for your information, Japan and France have almost half number of cancer patient percentage as compare to USA. I’ll let you to just wonder it, why? :)

Fe-Aman Allah.

here are some more links about this topic

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/cell_phone_cancer_link.htm

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/cell_phone_cancer_suits.html

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=2848

this topic will go on because even though there are reports of cancer being caused by cellphone>>there seem to be no concrete evidence>>all the reports say maybe or might be or under study>>

wampyr>>there are other reasons why some countries have low cancer rates and other countries have high cases of cancer and not all of them are cell phone related>>

anyways debate on this topic is useless there is something definite>>>>

jack>>bring back the smoke signals>>

wampyr>>there are other reasons why some countries have low cancer rates and other countries have high cases of cancer and not all of them are cell phone related>>
[/quote]

I already know that. France got lower cancer rate due to their Red Wine. Japan got lower cancer rate due to their diet.

No matter how many reports there were; “radio is health hazardous”, “radar is health hazardous”, “CRT TV is health hazardous”, “cellphone is health hazardous”. The chance of getting cancer from all these things is less than getting lighting strike, twice at the same place :lol:

Fe-Aman Allah.