Mobile Phone Suggestions

I'm tired of my cell phone now. And was thinking of replacing it.

My budget is 10-12k plus whatever my aging Razr fetches (Black, complete accessories, no scratches WTS for best offer).

What suggestions would you post?

I was thinking in terms of a U700 or a D900i. What's the going rate for these? This one shop said 15k and 11k respectively. Is that a fair price? I like Samsung and Motorola. SE and Nokia (especially the latter) piss me off but suggest models anyway, also indicate price range if known.

I'd recommend D900i because i own it :D.Well overall it's a nice phone :D.Good Battery Time, Awesome Camera Result etc.

I believe you pay some attention to the aesthetics. I personally dislike any software but Nokia's and SE's. Especially, Motorola and LG have horrible software usually (IMHO).

My recommendations:

1. Motorola ROKR E6 - It costs around 15k and it has all the good features with a linux based OS.

2. Sony Ericsson S500i - It has a good design and it should cost you around 13.5k

3. Nokia 5310 Express Music - The ubiquitous phone. Priced at 15.5k

for any kind of prices check

http://whatmobile.com.pk/

and plz tell us are there any specific feature you are looking for?

Just a heads up on the Nokia Xpress music.. Im using the 5610 which is around 18-19k somewhere around that and then theres a 5310 version which is around 14-15k.. But there's a problem in these mobile phones. They freeze ALOT. By alot i mean ALOT.. They have real software issues. Sometimes while typing a sms the screen goes white and mobile restarts.. Sometimes the mobile gets turned off it self.. And i've only used it for like 2-3 months.

I am not sure if this problem is also in the 5310 though.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Just a heads up on the Nokia Xpress music… Im using the 5610 which is around 18-19k somewhere around that and then theres a 5310 version which is around 14-15k… But there’s a problem in these mobile phones. They freeze ALOT. By alot i mean ALOT… They have real software issues. Sometimes while typing a sms the screen goes white and mobile restarts… Sometimes the mobile gets turned off it self… And i’ve only used it for like 2-3 months.

I am not sure if this problem is also in the 5310 though.

[/quote]

3230 also has this problem

btw try updating the software version of the mobile

I recommend Nokia 6120 classic. The best phone ever.

I recommend Nokia 6120 classic. The best phone ever.
[/quote]

and you can have lot of software for this and it is multitasking. Good set but need to increase little budget by Rs. 2,000

what about SE W810i? Rs.11,000 something..

Thanks guys.

Yes, I do pay attention to looks and I really really hate bricks. My favourite form factor is clamshell but the Razr v9 which I absolutely adore is really under-powered and over priced, so I'm looking for other possibilities.

Generally, I will use it for a phone/mp3 player. I sms a lot. I like the fact the D900i has a document viewer. That seems like a really useful function. I will use internet on the go and having heard that Telenor (my service provider) is going to be introducing 3G soon, the fact the U700 is a 3G phone makes me swing that way.

Curiously, I just find nokia terribly boring to look at and boring to use and the SE software is unintuitive for me since I've been a motorola person from the get-go.

Those with the U700s and the D900s, can you set your own sms tone because I know for the D600 you couldn't. I love using custom sound sets and background pictures, themes and generally everything and anything that I can, even if I have to use third-party software/hacks. So that matters.

Also what about the O2 stealth? Any one using it? Any reviews about it? Its for 18k on whatmobile.com

Does that U700 run multitasking like nokia se?

May I suggest the Sony Ericsson K790i :P

I am going to upgrade to K790i from my current K750i.

Costs 12,900 Rs currently.

240x320 2" TFT display with mirror effect (review's say its good also in direct sunlight)

3.2 Mega Pixel Camera. with Xenon Flash! :)

EDGE, GPRS

the famed Sony Eric Player v2.0

Java apps multitasking

i am going for it as it has all the features i want in its current price range. although i wish it had a diagonal display of atleast 2.5" as i love using opera mini on my cell and smaller pages aren't that great. but upgrading from 176x220 (1.8") of K750i to 240x320 (2") will have some smooth rendering .... lets see

Hmm, I haven't been able to check it out on whatmobile.com.pk. Although I did come across it. I have two gripes with this one, firstly no 3G. Secondly its a brick! *cries* Why must Nokia and SE make ugly phones!

well it depends on personal preferences. TO me, clamshells and slide phones are too girly . I am a fan of brick shaped phones. clam shell and slide phones have more chances of shattering into pieces when fallen. i have searched alot to find a walkman phones in brick shape in 13k budget. but they're al slides ore shells. SO screw it i am going for k790i ITS the best bang for the buck compared to all makes and models.

_ TYPED FROM K750i

lithium, just noticed you want a 3g enabled phone. well, from the state of pta and our operators, personally i think it'll take atleast 1.5 to 2 yrs before 3g is launched here. and i guess every user upgrades his her cell once every 1,2 yrs on average. so if u r anything like me, by the time 3g is launched here, you'll be fed up with ur THEN OLD cell. so extra investment just for the sake of 3g will be a waste. bt u can still buy if u can a4d

Yeah, they're girly but that works for me, may be not for you! :P

I have narrowed it down to a SE W580i and the Samsung U700. Do the Walkman phones sound noticeably better than normal MP3 phones? The K series, T series, etc, the Samsungs? The W series have a lesser cam 2 MP compared to the Samsung and the K series but since I'll be listening to more music than taking photos, I thought I could compromise if it was worth it. Is it?

Walkman phones are pretty good. I used to have a W550i an year back, i loved it.

iPhone! or to go even more exotic import any GSM phone from Japan (very rare there though) and rig it to work over here

Yeah, they’re girly but that works for me, may be not for you! :P

I have narrowed it down to a SE W580i and the Samsung U700. Do the Walkman phones sound noticeably better than normal MP3 phones? The K series, T series, etc, the Samsungs? The W series have a lesser cam 2 MP compared to the Samsung and the K series but since I’ll be listening to more music than taking photos, I thought I could compromise if it was worth it. Is it?

[/quote]

well, if you’re cool with slides :) then its alright. :) i’m more biased towards camera quality then walkman player so i got myself a K790 a few days back. its the best phone i’ve got uptil date :) a massive upgrade i’d say. ok now to your phone. well w580 is a good phone, you’ll get walkman player 2.0 with it. but if you want to save a few bucks, then go for s500 its a bit cheaper , You can flash s500 with w580’s firmware and you save some cash caz hardware wise both phones are same, just a difference of face plates. just check the prices of da two if s is cheaper then you can consider buying it. dont go for samsung thou, there phones suck big time imo my bro’s got a samsung u200 and it has got really small cache and stack size so its a pita to browse the web with it as a single page is divided into like a dozen parts for viewing in opera mini, caz of small cache size. on the other hand my old K750 could easily display huge pages. at times splitting them to just 2 or 3 pages max.

Posted from a K790

Have a look at samsung G600, amazing phone. costs about 18k i guess but its worth it