Mobile number portability

Has any one had any experience in porting out to another provider

if yes how was your experience... how long did it take your sim to get active again

i got my first mnp on the very day this service started, at that time it took 8 days, but now normally it only takes 2-2.5 days!

i went to Telenor yesterday and the guy there said it will take 4-5 Days

[quote=“highway, post:3, topic:14560”]

i went to Telenor yesterday and the guy there said it will take 4-5 Days

[/quote]

its the maximum time period. normally it takes 2 days if your details are correct and bills are paid.

If one ports his number to other network (from ufone to telenor), then after some time can one port back the number to ufone after realizing that ufone was less worse infact ?

[quote=“owaisulhaq, post:5, topic:14560”]

If one ports his number to other network (from ufone to telenor), then after some time can one port back the number to ufone after realizing that ufone was less worse infact ?

[/quote]

Of course. I ported mine from ZoNG to Mobilink. Then same number from Mobilink to Ufone. Now, I can port my number back to ZoNG or Mobilink or I can port it to telenor or Warid, anytime. This is the goodness of this service which is especially introduced by PTA.

Thanks blogger :)

seems no one is always happy with his cellular service provider :)

[quote=“owaisulhaq, post:5, topic:14560”]

[/quote]

You can do that only after a period of 3 months after the last port out. You can’t port in to another network before that period.

I move from Mobilink to Telenor and enjoying it better