Mobile internet

i want to buy cell phone for internet.i will connect it to my pc.plz share ur experience /suggestions.only those set which are to be connected to pc.can it has any efffect on the life time of cell phone.

there are many cell phones available for this purpose. let us know your budget. you can also connect through bluetooth and wifi. (i have never tried personally)

mobile internet speed is very slow, pathetic than dsl or cable internet because it runs on gprs/edge. there is no 3g mobile internet in Pakistan.

i don't think it will have any major effect on the lifetime of cellphone but battery will be effected.

thanks a lot......my budget rs 6000

is slow from dial up.i am using cybernet thu PTCL

i would recommend

1. Buy some latest cell phone

2. phone has gprs/edge, usb connectivity

3. it supports mobile to pc internet (capability to serve as a data modem)

i have nokia c5. when i connected it to my pc it automatically installed Nokia PC Internet Access. Ask the shopkeeper whether it has capability to serve as a data modem.

i have found this nokia cell phone, http://www.whatmobile.com.pk/Nokia_C2-01

You have better contact some neighbor and ask him to share his ptcl dsl connection. you will get workable speed at affordable rate.

once i subscribed for telenor edge to test it.

speed was not same and fluctuate time to time. i tested many times but did not save all. sometime i was getting very poor speed. here is the speed test

Telenor Edge

Last Result:

Download Speed: 101 kbps (12.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 44 kbps (5.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 1270 ms

Saturday, January 01, 2011 10:50:38 AM

You need Huawei Ideos from Zong and a truly unlimited data package (1000 Rs. / month). Enable USB tethering in your new set and connect it to your PC via USB and enjoy. It will be out of your budget (11000) but it is a better investment.

As the proverb says, "Sasta roye bar bar, mehnga roye aik bar"

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

You need Huawei Ideos from Zong and a truly unlimited data package (1000 Rs. / month). Enable USB tethering in your new set and connect it to your PC via USB and enjoy. It will be out of your budget (11000) but it is a better investment.

As the proverb says, “Sasta roye bar bar, mehnga roye aik bar”

[/quote]

What will be your bandwidth usage? Do you want unlimited or will 2GB be ok? Zong has the 2GB package for Rs.200 & 4GB for Rs.400.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

What will be your bandwidth usage? Do you want unlimited or will 2GB be ok? Zong has the 2GB package for Rs.200 & 4GB for Rs.400.
[/quote]

is there any activation charges?

what speed are you getting?

thanks for valuable suggestions

Now day companies provides GPRS and edge sucks poor service if you can try vfone or worldcall

I think VFone is best with low budget

E52 Best one

I've nokia 5530 XM... It's works perfect on system... I'm using mobilink in this phone and after connecting from system I'm getting the speed upto 24KB/sec...