MNP Rules

I recently (a week ago) moved from Mobilink to ZONG and would want to change to Telenor now (Experiencing reception issues on ZONG :blink: )

Do I have to wait for some time (if applicable) or I can simply move without any issues ?

^ You need to wait 60 Days before porting again.

http://www.pmdpk.com/faq.php#q20

[quote=“Upsilon, post:2, topic:21568”]

^ You need to wait 60 Days before porting again.

http://www.pmdpk.com/faq.php#q20

[/quote]

Thank you Upsilon

Appreciate your help.

Oh oh. I have just applied to switch to zong from ufone in karachi. Should I be worried?

No, not really. Your request will either be approved, or rejected. That's all.

[quote=“shaheerk, post:5, topic:21568”]

No, not really. Your request will either be approved, or rejected. That's all.

[/quote]

makes sense

[quote=“AhsanS, post:4, topic:21568”]

Oh oh. I have just applied to switch to zong from ufone in karachi. Should I be worried?

[/quote]

you worried about what ? signal issue ?? ZONG coverage is better than ufone . but still it depends the area and how far from the local tower in your area .

I've switched to Zong now.

The 3g signal reception isnt as good as Ufone, at least in the Dha, Karachi area. I get one or two bars..whereas if I got ufone signal it'd be 4-5 bars. So while I have good signal it's quick, but when I have low signal which is most of the time I get spotty internet.

Will try Zong for now but after the 2 months I might switch to Mobilink.

[quote="nadeem5476, post:7, topic:21568"]

you worried about what ? signal issue ?? ZONG coverage is better than ufone . but still it depends the area and how far from the local tower in your area .

[/quote]

[quote=“AhsanS, post:8, topic:21568”]

I’ve switched to Zong now.

The 3g signal reception isnt as good as Ufone, at least in the Dha, Karachi area. I get one or two bars…whereas if I got ufone signal it’d be 4-5 bars. So while I have good signal it’s quick, but when I have low signal which is most of the time I get spotty internet.

Will try Zong for now but after the 2 months I might switch to Mobilink.

[/quote] You can get a decent speed even on no signal (yep, rare but it happens). Usually, one bar is sufficient.

What should matter more is the quality - not the number of bars. To put things in perspective, there’s no point in getting a full signal strength when you can’t use the service adequately.

Also, perhaps when deciding what to use, it might be an overall better idea to cause the GENERAL performance, and not the specific performance. That way, any bias is mitigated.