Misri Shah exchange, Phase 6, DHA Karachi is faulty?

I went to apply for a 4mb ptcl DSL connection at Misri Shah exchange this morning and the 'officers' in their DSL room told me that they are not offering anything more than 1Mbps at the moment as their lines are full (dunno what he meant by that). When I asked when would they start offering it, I didn't get any specific answer. So I was wondering if there is any member at the forum using DSL through the same exchange, please let me know what's their status regarding the internet usage. Are you using some other ISP? What package are you using? And what about the line quality etc?

PTCL management should drown in the floods!

Have you called PTCL support?

Contact firecruz for any PTCL queries or ask here

http://wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=12

Maxcom told me recently that the Misri Shah exchange doesn't have enough backend bandwidth coming to it, and ever since the PTCL takeover they haven't upgraded it yet. Hence this exchange doesn't support higher speeds like 4mbs...

I doubt PTCL would worry too much about bandwidth. They probably figure long as there is some bandwidth who cares if it's not what it needs to be...

^ I am glad I left DSL for Wimax...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Maxcom told me recently that the Misri Shah exchange doesn’t have enough backend bandwidth coming to it, and ever since the PTCL takeover they haven’t upgraded it yet. Hence this exchange doesn’t support higher speeds like 4mbs…

I doubt PTCL would worry too much about bandwidth. They probably figure long as there is some bandwidth who cares if it’s not what it needs to be…

[/quote]

Same is the case for DHA Phase 1 exchange, which I believe servers Phase 1 / Phase 2 / Phase 2 ext ( and probably other exchanges too) . My 2mpbs connections is still not upgraded to 4mbps and after few complains they simply said they just can’t do it because they don’t have the bandwidth to give, atleast until 15 Dec , not sure what will happen then, I doubt the stupid people gona buy / deliver any more bandwidths to these exchanges any time soon.

They are refusing all new connections of higher values as well. I can continue to rant on their stupid business procedures , but will keep it short saying that they suck big time.

The guy who came to handle the complain at my home, called his seniors from my home , and they were suggesting him on phone ‘client ko topi kara do’ , the guy himself appeared a reasonable person and was cursing the management as much as I was. If I knew the PTA or Competition Commission would have done something, then I would have complained to them, but feeling that there will be no result so not wasting my energy there either.