Minister of IT tenders resignation

Reasons for the resignation aside (non-tech discussion), any speculations on who would be cherry picked to be the next minister, despite it being doubtful that the new person would benefit IT in Pakistan in any way?

Although no minister required but if they are so keen than they should give additional charge of this ministry to Muhammad Azam Khan Swati(Senator) Federal Minister for Science & Technology.

He's rich enough, so chances of comission and corruption will be quite less.

My guess is somebody close to President rather than Prime Minister. But this is not an important job so anyone could be here.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

He’s rich enough, so chances of comission and corruption will be quite less.
[/quote]

The more rich they are, the more high volume corruption they do.

The more educated they are, the more sophisticated corruption they do.

i can't think of anyone eligible! who was the minister who resigned?

^ Khusra.... err... Khosa. :o

Well instead of criticising lets start vote for your own choice. The man/woman who deserves this post most in your opinion. And assume that he/she gonna be given an open hand.

So who you think is best?

Ironic, but I think the guy who ushered-in the IT revolution

during Mushy's tenure, Awais Leghari, son of Farooq Leghari,

wouldn't be a bad choice. Young, educated and enlightened.

Of course he is from PML-Q, so it isn't likley. His dad turned

on his own party, on corruption issues and I don't think his

son had any corruption allegations, when he was in office.

Another guy, who'd be a good choice is the Sindh IT minister

Raza Haroon from MQM. He is young and has a degree in

ComSci from Canada and is fairly energetic.

Khosa. was just filling-in and biding his time. I'd be surprised

if he knew how to send and receive emails.

Sheikh 'Not Affliated With Either Party' Chilli

Well instead of criticising lets start vote for your own choice. The man/woman who deserves this post most in your opinion. And assume that he/she gonna be given an open hand.

So who you think is best?

[/quote]

I will vote for myself. First order of business, Paypal. Second, public ranking of ISP services and penalties for those not up to the mark. Third, ensuring banks have decent online services and modern browser compliant websites… etc, ad infinitum.

Maybe WP members should write up what mandate they would like to see from the the new Minister. What we lack, and how it can be remedied, etc.

^ Khusra… err… Khosa. :o
[/quote]

So we shall bring another khusra as IT Minister.

I felt terrible when i thought of any one in the current gentry, there is no one eligible not a single person who can pakistan into the race of IT and lead it!

I dunno if its possible but i wud want PROF ATTA-UR-RAHMAN to be da next minister.. I guesss hes been one before in Mushi's riegn..

However i am inspired by da WONDROUS WORLD OF SCIENCE articles by PROF ATTA-UR-RAHMAN in Dawn every sunday.. hes got sum great ideas dere..

Hail Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman! If it was up for a vote, he would have my vote unquestionably! :D

Unemployment is a big problem in Pakistan. Everyone comes with his own solutions but in my opinion they should work next 10 years to create services sector job in IT and for that they should invest huge chunk of every years budget on higher education.

Moreover if this IT service sector got boom than they can easily get more tax.

Look at the Indian figures and rapid growth of IT sector. Shame for our country.

The Indian IT & ITES Sector has grown considerably over the last decade to contribute over 6% of the countrys GDP. The revenue amassed by Indian information technology sector is estimated to have grown by over 5% to reach $73.1 billion in 2009-10. Growth in Indian information technology in the world market is primarily dominated by IT software and services, including system integration, IT consulting, application management, custom applications, infrastructure management, software testing and web development. Competitive factors such as skilled workers, adequate telecommunication networks, and an improving policy and regulatory environment have enabled both domestic and foreign firms to rapidly expand in the internationally competitive IT services sector.

The Indian Software and Services export is estimated to grow at 5.5% and to generate export revenue of $49.7 billion in year 2009-10. The IT services exports is estimated to be $27.3 billion in 2009-10 as compared to US $ 25.8 billion in 2008-09, showing a growth of 5.8%. ITeS-BPO exports are estimated to grow from $11.7 billion in 2008-09 to $12.4 billion in 2009-10, a year-on-year growth of 6%.

[/quote]

Hail Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman! If it was up for a vote, he would have my vote unquestionably! :D
[/quote]

I was the the president I would have reinstated him to his previous Post. He was a fine Job there.

He was not IT minister, he was just adviser to PM for IT.

Just hopping its not fazal-ur-rehman :/

He was not IT minister, he was just adviser to PM for IT.
[/quote]

He also headed the HEC if my memory serve me right.

Just hopping its not fazal-ur-rehman :confused:
[/quote]

:P He will just shutdown the Internet, it’s Haraam.

Just hopping its not fazal-ur-rehman :confused:
[/quote]

At least he didnt support the banning of facebook… I think…