Mini laptop

Is mini laptop useful to buy or not ?

they are actually called netbooks. if that wat you are looking for...They are portable easy to carry and can help you in lil office work and playin videos and music...they are not heavy end performance machines.

--

yes its useful for only those people who use to do some office work checking mails internet & music videos

at post starter you are lucky that you've been attended by 3platinum members, just sayin!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

at post starter you are lucky that you’ve been attended by 3platinum members, just sayin!
[/quote]

4 now :P

Netbooks are just a waste of money for a PRO, mostly have intel Atom processors and low ram, if you only want to browse, use MS office, listen to songs, and watch low res movies they are good. Don’t judge them by looks! :P

--

^ If you are low at budget, Buy the second hand Core2duo instead of going for Netbook, But if your gifting it to someone who doesn't know what the heck is computer then its a nice gift, looks good and luxurious.

By the way 5 now :)

net books are there for a purpose. They cant replace the laptops

:)

well thank you platinum members and one silver too :)

i am a bit confused.... is it good for office work or not ? some said yes some no.... :/ as i have to work on skype and emails and FTP files download and upload...

Secondly, just want to know its functioning is same like laptops or not ? by reading all your comments i assume its useful for lil bit of work ? like what ?

If i go for HP 110 its memory is good enough and other things as well.. but my point is will it work same like laptop ? and no problem if there is no DVD rom :P

HP 110 or Inspiron Mini 1012 ?

one more for comparison...

Dell Inspiron 11z ....

HP Mini 110-3550TU would be best for you. It has dual core atom processor.

It will cost u around 31000rs.

The one i m planning to buy has following specs.

1.5 Dual Core Atom processor

2 GB DDR2 RAM

320GB HD

Wifi,webcam,bluetooth,3 USB ports.

HP Mini 110 is with 1GB Ram, max ram supported is 2GB though.

It can easily handle word processing, excel sheets, power point for presentations, skype, net browsing/FTP as you said. HP Mini 110 is with a better graphics card (Not dedicated off course). Above apps. are what most of office user need at max. If thats what you are looking then just go for it.

If interested to buy and if you live within Pakistan, we can offer you the same on special discounted price. You can PM me for the same. Colors available: White, Red, Black.

:)

Secondly, just want to know its functioning is same like laptops or not ? by reading all your comments i assume its useful for lil bit of work ? like what ?

If i go for HP 110 its memory is good enough and other things as well… but my point is will it work same like laptop ? and no problem if there is no DVD rom :P

HP 110 or Inspiron Mini 1012 ?

[/quote]

Well netbooks come with limitations, if you are thinking about using it as a primary comp. think again, but just like u mentioned, just for office work, than it should be fine, but don’t expect too much.

You usually pay less for netbook but you get what you pay for. They are really slow even when compared to an avg. laptop.

Also i personally don’t know about pricing but some guys here might be able to help you in you tell them your budget.

AMD Fusion will change the whole netbook scene if everything goes well.

They are really slow even when compared to an avg. laptop.

[/quote]

If you mean an average Core 2 Duo or core i3 processor then off course it would be slower then that, but do you really think that an avg. user actually utilize the capabilities of a core 2 duo or core i3 processor.

Netbooks use ATOM technology, yes its a lighterweight processor but it does not mean that it makes the machine unusable. Sony X series use atom processors, leave the pricing aside, and read the review of sony X in the quoted link:

Summary:

Summary: If you are a business executive or an I.T. pro on the go this device is for you. I have used it for 3 weeks and it has performed very well with Windows 7 Ultimate. The unit is well build, stylish and light weight. The Sony X series is great for web surfing, email, working on document. This is not a power house, bur rather a great device for mobile users.

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/sony-vaio-x-vpc/4505-3121_7-33786483.html#ixzz1HHSnTR2m

[/quote]

I have quoted sony X series on purpose, coz its quite an expensive machine. Buyers of Sony X are not paying less by any means yet getting ATOM processors. The machine in consideration here HP 110, and it has even better ATOM processor then Sony X i.e. Atom Dual Core. The price of sony X is on higher side coz its a razor thin, a very light weight and use SSD technology, but processor is ATOM Single core.

If you mean an average Core 2 Duo or core i3 processor then off course it would be slower then that, but do you really think that an avg. user actually utilize the capabilities of a core 2 duo or core i3 processor.

[/quote]

I was referring to core2duo as avg. these days most entry level laptops come with them, but only you can confirm that because you are in that business.

Netbooks use ATOM technology, yes its a lighterweight processor but it does not mean that it makes the machine unusable.
[/quote]

I never said they are unusable, i said they have limitations. Onces you start multi-tasking, specially with 5-6 browser windows open, listening to music and maybe have Trillian on, you do start feeling what i am talking about, and these are the things what normal non-geeks do right? chat, surf etc.

Now i do have a question for you, asking coz myself am not sure about it:

Sony X the one you mentioned has an SSD meaning that will bump up the speed of the system considerably, right.

So how is the performance of the HP mentioned above to the Sony X, i mean one has a dual-core atom with normal HDD and the other with single core atom with SSD?

^If only overall performance is in consideration then Atom Dual core processor with normal HDD should be preferred over ATOM single core with SSD.

SSD would increase the startup time but once everything settled then a better processor is what counts specifically in multitasking example you have given in your post. A ssd would not help to gain better multitasking.

Budget limitations and the use also made me think of buying a netbook. I need an urgent opinion including experience regarding which one to buy within 25-30K budget. Galaxy is selling Inspiron Mini 1012 for 26K. I need to know the best one out their with regard to battery and performance.

Main purpose presentations, Docs, Pics, Movies, Assignments. Just normal use you know like viewing things and skype calls.

Just give out names which one to buy. I have to buy within a day or two.! Urgent!!!!

Anyone????

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:19, topic:13926”]

Anyone???

[/quote]

Why don’t go for tablet?