Microsoft Windows Xp Pack 2 and 3

When i install window xp pack 3 then it seems like vista, but when i install xp pack 2 and then update into pack 3 then its look like as xp.

Is win xp pack 3 second name is win vista?

no!

if its like that then it means that OS is modified !

Service Packs are just updates they would change the OS appearance ...

May be you are using those stupid CDs that call themselves as SP3 which contain automatic setup script this patches original Windows XP for looks that of Vista.

If you upgrade your system with original SP3, no won't even feel a bit of change in interface. My experience has not been good with SP3, I felt it made by system slow (at least twice it can't be coincidence :)).

Good luck and hope it answers your question.

I noticed this too - the XP CDs available in the market are all pre-modified with some sort of Vista theme - annoying! Plus it looks terrible. You can change back to the classic XP theme (Right click > properties > theme or something similar), but some things will remain that way unless you're serious about changing them.

@jalpari: What actually you are installing instead of XP SP 3, which looks like Vista, is a theme embedded into the installation CD of XP.

What you download directly from Microsoft is the real XP SP 3, and looks like XP.

Always download updates directly from Microsoft

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

I have myself suffered from this..Dont use these type of CD as they are extremely unstable....

I have myself suffered from this..Dont use these type of CD as they are extremely unstable....

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have myself suffered from this…Dont use these type of CD as they are extremely unstable…
[/quote]

Please dont use double posting dogar sahab

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Please dont use double posting dogar sahab

[/quote]

It happens with slow internet connection and hitting Submit button twice. Since Delete link is gone, the number duplicate post is rising.