Microsoft DreamSpark - now with a free Microsoft Certification Exam

Microsoft DreamSpark - now with a free Microsoft Certification Exam

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
As DreamSpark is growing, it starts to offer more opportunities for the verified students. Recently, Microsoft added the possibility to take a free Microsoft Certification Exam (with a 072 prefix - Academic). All you have to do is log in with your DreamSpark account and follow the registration instructions once you get the voucher. Ultimately, you will have a choice of the exam location and will have to enter the voucher code.
[/quote]

Who wants a free MS Cert?

One thing more:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Academic exams are only offered to students and faculty members currently affiliated with an academic institution. In order to book an academic exam, you must provide a valid Academic ID number in a form of Student Id number or Faculty Id number and the name of your academic institution.
[/quote]

My hotmail ID is registered with Dream Spark's site and I generated a voucer.

Is it possible to generate more then one voucer?

Please share if you could.

http://dotnet.dzone.com/articles/microsoft-dreamspark-now-free

This offer is for select Microsoft Certification exams (with 072 prefix). Available for students globally (except India and China). Offer will expire when supply is depleted. Students must take exams by June 30,2011.

AFAIK it is not possible to generate more than one voucher with ID at a time.

Is this same as the one in which atleast single exam must be given before june,30,2011 and then the voucher's expiry will be extended to 30th december 2011?

im gonna be a MCP soon free of cost :P

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:2, topic:14735”]

AFAIK it is not possible to generate more than one voucher with ID at a time.

Is this same as the one in which atleast single exam must be given before june,30,2011 and then the voucher’s expiry will be extended to 30th december 2011?

[/quote]

I think Shoukat can generate few ID’s for us through which we will be able to give “Dhar Durr” papers in this month. :P

I don’t know about the thing you said: "Is this same as the one in which atleast single exam must be given before june,30,2011."

There ws an offer of 20% discount with a free re-take. And if I am not wrong then the june,30,2011 was last date till then a free retake and all 5-6 exams should be given. I haven’t read anywhere about its extension to 30th december 2011.

And what if I give this free paper on this voucher then will I be able to utilize this same voucher once again or not?

OR

They are just offering us a single free exam per ID?

This dreamspark offer expires totally on 30th,june. As for the 20% off offer, it was on the 5 exams voucher. If you take one exam before 30th,june then rest of the exams can be given in next 6months upto december 30th. It is much safer for a person with no time like me. Because there are "very strong" rumors of fee increase in next month upto 80$.

I believe there can be taken more than one exam per ID, have you checked the microsofts link.

https://www.dreamspark.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductId=24

Simple is that if you you have a univeristy email address e.g imran@vu.edu.pk

or any other uni

Then you can give free exams till 30th June.

I registered for one of the exam.. Hope I pass :)

Going for MS Project 2010. What to study ?

^check your pm.

@Imran

Thanks for it.. I will surely look into that

I have to do complete MCITP.

I registered for 70-680

Please tell me on which pattern I should choose other papers to complete this certification.

I need an urgent reply.

Otherwise prometric will have no seats.

dude i got a big problem

as i registered with that free voucher thingy.

now the problem is that the seats are full.

I only managed to get properly registered in RWP/Isl for two exams.

Other 3 exams are in Karachi.

I can't go to Karachi.

I selected it coz I was able to Relocate one exam. So I though why not register and utilize the voucher and if they gave option in the coming days then I will change the city to Isl/RWP.

Lets see what comes out.

I registered for 680, 681, 642, 643

Don't know if they have some pre-requisite or not.

I also registered for 640 but unfortunately its registeration is on 16June which is today.

Can't learn it so faster.

And the most irritating thing is yet the re-schedual option is not letting me move my center from Karachi to ISL/RWP.

Damn!!! I should have registered few days before.

Lazzyyyyyy. :(

I had hard time finding my center too. Giving exam on 27th 9:15 in morning

I just passed my 70-680 on 13th and then passed 70-642 today! :) and will be giving 70-640 on 21st of june. :D

^

I am giving 680 on 20th of June.

640 on 21st of June.

and

642 on 27th of June.

I am too lazy to search for the papers. can any 1 send me plz ?

Guys I am appearing for 70-178

Need immediate support !

Could not find any thing over internet

I bought the kit online. If any one of you need any kits, sellers have offered me two free exams with it.I will get them for you !

HEy any one planning ?