Microsoft Apps for Symbian! EEEKK!

Official Story

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

When Nokia and Microsoft announced their partnership a few months ago, most people back then all but left Symbian OS for dead. Since then, there have been a couple of major updates to the OS, and the news just keep pouring. Today, Nokia and Microsoft announced that the latest productivity apps from the software giant will gradually become available for Symbian Belle.

The apps will come to the OS in two stages. The first batch will become available in Q4 and will include Microsoft Lync 2010 Mobile, Microsoft PowerPoint Broadcast, Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft Document Connection. More apps will come in 2012 with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint being part of the group. Regarding the latter, we must note that this is the first time they become officially available outside the Windows platform.

All the apps will be free for your Symbian Belle packing, Nokia device. Not too shabby for an OS which was widely considered as being on its way out.

[/quote]

-So any thoughts?

-I feel its worth a buy now even with the new Belle OS

This must be one of Ballmer's ideas. I'm surprised that Nokia's still wasting their time with Symbian. They're just beating a dead horse now. A quick google search shows that no major techblog (except Nokia specific ones) has bothered to cover this story. Nokia's last gasp at reviving itself - can't see it happening.

I wish good luck to Nokia, a healthy competition is really necessary.

My personal feeling about windows 7 (mobile) is not good at all. Until they give traditional look (HTC Sense) to their devices. Nokia and even HTC (windows devices) cannot compete to android devices.

[quote=“nvd650, post:4, topic:15559”]

My personal feeling about windows 7 (mobile) is not good at all. Until they give traditional look (HTC Sense) to their devices. Nokia and even HTC (windows devices) cannot compete to android devices.

[/quote]

Are you kidding me…have you used the WP7 or even read about the upcoming Mango…for me it is the best choice out there…I guess to each his own and am glad the choices exists…

[quote=", post:5, topic:15559"]

Are you kidding me…have you used the WP7 or even read about the upcoming Mango…for me it is the best choice out there…I guess to each his own and am glad the choices exists…

[/quote]

Did you use windows 6.5 htc devices or android device like desire or sensation, I pointed out about sense very clearly… is windows 7 offering sense in any of it’s phone?

And why upcoming?? I’m talking about that is in market at point. when you will talk about upcoming then again there is much more than mango…

Is there any App of Microsoft for Nokia 6120 classic Symbian 3rd Edition

[quote=“zed2, post:7, topic:15559”]

Is there any App of Microsoft for Nokia 6120 classic Symbian 3rd Edition

[/quote]

not yet

Symbian is dead. These stupid apps are not going to make this dead body to even the level of zombies.

Nokia is laying off people in thousands. Closing departments. Nokia's share are falling down like a rain. Nokia is already going from profits to loss. They have already shutdown n-gage last year, now they are closing Ovi and re-branding as "Nokia". Windows Mobile OS is not going to save Nokia. My guess is that they'll be filing protection against bankruptcy within next few years.

God is granting years of my praying by sinking Nokia because of their making of such lame handsets with lamest OS.

If you love Nokia then keep using Nokia's handset. For rest of us, "ABANDON SHIP!".

what a theory? Is it will be happen?