Microsoft and Cisco Certification

Hey,

What would u guyz say about Microsoft and Cisco certification programs?

Are they valuable?

I think they are.

Which institute is best for these certifications?

I'd also like to know about the usefulness of the said certifications since I am also planning to get my hands on them.

Response appreciated.

Cisco ones like CCNA, CCNP are helpful for IT jobs. For software engineers, they are considered extra credit kinda thing during job interviews.

Microsoft ones are good too if you are going to manage a Windows based environment.

Most of these certifications are for experienced professionals. So i would say you should have some kinda professional experience before getting mess with them.

Do somebody know about any reputed Institute for these certifications.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Most of these certifications are for experienced professionals. So i would say you should have some kinda professional experience before getting mess with them.

Do somebody know about any reputed Institute for these certifications.

[/quote]

I don’t think there is any experience required for these certifications, as these certifications cover all the levels from basic to expert level. You can go step by step.

From my personal experience don’t go for a microsoft one. Go for the Cisco ones. Not coz Cisco is the leading manufacturer of the Networking and Telecommunications products but through their track one can have a lot of knowledge and confidence in the professional field of his.

Things are getting converged with time. Now these certifications are not only for the IT professional but for engineers and technical staff of the relevant field.

As I suggested go for Cisco track so there are actually three levels in it.

Associate level, Professional level and Expert level.

At associate level you have CCNA(Cisco Certified Network Associate). Previously it was a general certification but now they have even specialized this with 5 levels to do professional level certifications.

Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)

Cisco IOS Network Security (CCNA Security)

Cisco IOS Unified Communications (CCNA Voice)

Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials (CCNA Wireless)

and General CCNA is i guess valid for the short time.

It is one exam only the CCNA. But one can also give in two parts

ICND1 (CCENT(cisco certified entry network technician) certification can also be achieved after giving this exam)

ICND2

By going through one of above one can do a professional level certification in the relevant field like

Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)

Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)

Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional (CCIP)

Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP)

Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP)

these professional level certifications constitute 4 to 5 exams each.

After successfull completion of anyone of these, one can go for the expert level i.e the CCIE level for

CCIE Numbering and Recertification

CCIE Routing & Switching

CCIE Security

CCIE Service Provider

CCIE Voice

CCIE Storage Networking

CCIE is the most difficult and considered as the most respected IT certification. You can say one has to be a professional with experience to go through it.

It has a written exam as well as an 8 hour Lab to pass through it.

In Pakistan papers for associate and professional level are conducted but one has to go to some other country like UAE, China, Australia, India :D or others to achieve CCIE.

The best training institute in Pakistan as far as my knowledge is concerned is Corvit in Lahore. I don’t have personal experience but couple of my friends have trained there and done their certifications. Actually corvit is the solution provider and they have their offiices in Islamabad and Karachi as well but I think they are training only in lahore.

Here is their website Corvit.com

If you are in Multan like me then u can join Bigcerts academy for training.

In Islamabad I think comsats institute also carry out classes upto professional level certifications.

No Idea about the others. I think its enough information if someone is thinking of going for one.

From my personal experience don’t go for a microsoft one. Go for the Cisco ones. Not coz Cisco is the leading manufacturer of the Networking and Telecommunications products but through their track one can have a lot of knowledge and confidence in the professional field of his.

[/quote]

Yar, basically Microsoft is not only at hardware side they are providing certification for Software Engineering students and Developers or coders.

So they both are kinda different to each other.

Yar, basically Microsoft is not only at hardware side they are providing certification for Software Engineering students and Developers or coders.

So they both are kinda different to each other.

[/quote]

Brother where I said that Microsoft is only at the hardware side? I just said what “I” think is that Cisco’s certifications track is better then Microsoft’s!

Certifications, Standards, Quality apprisals are nothing but bs. just a way of minting money for the providers. and the employers using these certifications to guage someone's expertise are just killing the craft.

i m doing MBA , i want to do the oracle management courses , can any one guide me from where i can do that course in Lahore ????

Help will be apreciatted

Need to Do CCNA..Heard Corvit is good. Wat do u guys say?

As I said above Corvit is best!

any other institute except Corvit in LHR?

Dear Corvit is the best in Lahore anyways "National Engineers" and "Comsats" also offers Cisco tracks in Lahore.

http://www.nets.edu.pk/courses.php?cour=ccna

http://www.ciitlahore.edu.pk/cnap/index.html

hey, what about Karachi? anyone know about any good institute here?

I am also searchin for cisco, css and seo learning institutes in karachi.

what about CTTC?

lahore corvit is good. my brother went to lahore for his ccnp.

download pas4sure for ccna

Can anybody tell that what are the fees of attempting papers of ccna, ccpn..

somebody told me its around 55,000!!

Can anybody tell that what are the fees of attempting papers of ccna, ccpn…

somebody told me its around 55,000!!

[/quote]

AFAIR each paper costs u 150 USD. CCNA has 1 and CCNP has 4 papers. CCIE had a 1000 USD fee. but there was an upgrade so u have no update.

for CCNA and CCNP you have to get atleast 800/1000 for each paper tp pass. For CCIE its just do it or you are fail.