Micronet/Nayatel DSL/FTTH news + queries + problems + solutions

[quote=“ShuAK, post:980, topic:52”]

According to PEMRA:
http://www.pemra.gov.pk/pemra/images/docs/landingright/List_of_Licences_Issued_LR.pdf

so we are going to see more Int’l channels leaving our land soon :unsure:

[/quote]
Wait - if something is subjudice, doesn’t it mean that it’s in court and no action can be taken on those by PEMRA? Cause so is HBO and Nickelodeon.

Maaaaan! If these guys covered Bahria Town, I wouldn’t think twice before getting their STB, but I don’t want to make a purchase cause we’ll be shifting there… And Nayatel don’t offer services there :confused:

[quote=“ShuAK, post:979, topic:52”]

I got the sms and im deeply sad :( this is the only flagship oldest Int’l mix genre bouquet available in Pakistan. and i totally agree with you shaheerk what else left now… :unsure:
As their msg stated “will not be available on our analog network” and will definitely be available on digital network (probably through Dish TV decoders). so it means they are kinda forcing their subscribers to their digital network to continue watching these channels.
I couldnt find this news anywhere on internet or from any other cable operator and not yet Officially confirmed from Star Network/Fox Int’l Channels. Pakistan has huge viewership of these channels so how can they suddenly end their business here without any solid reason. Something is fishy <_<
[/quote]
Precisely!

I honestly think they’ll shift it onto their digital network, cause that’s where they host a whole bunch of other channels that do not have official landing rights from PEMRA.

Dwn and PTCL both already have digital networks, so maybe…

[quote=“shaheerk, post:981, topic:52”]

Wait - if something is subjudice, doesn't it mean that it's in court and no action can be taken on those by PEMRA? Cause so is HBO and Nickelodeon.

[/quote]

Yes but if Star is leaving then may be other would go too. People are saying Star refused to renew the license and decided to end their business here. Lets hope its not the case with other channels. -_-

[quote=“ShuAK, post:983, topic:52”]

Wait - if something is subjudice, doesn’t it mean that it’s in court and no action can be taken on those by PEMRA? Cause so is HBO and Nickelodeon.

Yes but if Star is leaving then may be other would go too. People are saying Star refused to renew the license and decided to end their business here. Lets hope its not the case with other channels. -_-

[/quote]
Well - they’re leaving officially. Since half of the channels we get on cable are unofficial (Desi cable, that is), it probably won’t make a difference.

I am a Mirconet Broadband user and pretty satisfied with the service but i regularly get e-mails and sms from Nayatel saying that please switch to Nayatel and get discount blah blah and you will get all in one services like Cable TV, Telephone Line (No Line Rent) and DSL in one fibre optice line.

But the main problem for me is that limit cap they put on their Nayatel packages. I am using 2MB Micronet DSL Nitro but at least it's unlimited. Anyone using Nayatel here? Because i want to switch to Nayatel but limit cap scares me because i download quite much. Is it workable?

^^^Yes we are all Nayatel users and i didn't know Micronet is still providing dsl services for home users anyway yup limit cap is indeed a problem but then there is also an unlimited 12 hours (minimum) time period with 2.5x (5Mb) the speed and in that time period you can download more than what you could on 2Mb 24H unlimited package.

http://nayatel.com/internet/home-packages/

Plus unlimited usage from Friday evenings till Monday mornings and ability to carry forward any unused monthly quotas.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Home 35 GB Extreme 3MB
This package looks quite affordable and attractive to me. I have one confusion. When it says "Unlimited Downloads @ 3 Mbps" from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. & Saturdays + Sundays does it means that limit cap become inactive and at that time you don't use 35GB of your package limit?

[quote=“Sani, post:988, topic:52”]

Home 35 GB Extreme 3MB
This package looks quite affordable and attractive to me. I have one confusion. When it says "Unlimited Downloads @ 3 Mbps" from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. & Saturdays + Sundays does it means that limit cap become inactive and at that time you don't use 35GB of your package limit?

[/quote]

Yes.

You also need to know that capped usage adds up downloads and uploads. For example if you have downloaded 3 GB and uploaded 2 GB, then you have consumed 5 GB. Also keep in mind that Nayatel download and upload speeds are the same i.e. 3 Mbps download & 3 Mbps upload. You ought to be careful when seeding torrents as you may end up using lot of your quota through uploads.

But despite above mentioned limitations and caps, Nayatel delivers an internet service with outstanding reliability and performance. I converted both my office and home connections from PTCL to Nayatel and have been satisfied ever since with no disconnections, unexplained speed issues, line noise, etc.

I think i will wait till Nayatel starts to offer any unlimited packages. I am quite satisfied with Micronet Broadband for now but i wanted to switch to Nayatel due to their FTTU service where you get Telephone + Cable TV + Internet in one line.

Just received the following by mail:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Dear Valued Customer,

This is to notify you that we have received an emergency maintenance notification from our international service providers. The activity is planned to be conducted on international IMEWE submarine communication cable on 11th February, 2015. The activity window is from 1000 PKT to 1700 PKT during which internet service degradation is expected.

We are in constant contact with our upstream service providers to ensure proper backup routes so that there is minimum possible degradation in internet services. Please note that all other services such as Layer 2 VPNs, Layer 3 VPNs, Cable TV and Telephony Services will not be affected due to this activity.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards,

Manager
NAYAtel Technical Assistance Center
Phone: 051-111 11 44 44
SMS: 0302-8555941
www.nayatel.com
[/quote]

May actually mean the internet services all over Pakistan will be hampered today for almost full day at least.

Just received the following by mail:

Dear Valued Customer,

Nayatel is pleased to announce new internet packages for its home users. This change has been made due to the increasing demand of the customers for more bandwidth and volume at day time. Following are the new package details.

· All home packages day time bandwidth has been upgraded to 3 Mbps with more volume.

NOTE: The new Home package changes are effective from 3rd April, 2015 for existing home customers. All existing Home packages will be automatically upgraded to new changes without any additional charges on 3rd April, 2015. During the package upgrades of existing home customers a 10-15 minutes downtime is expected between 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. on 3rd April 2015.

Additional volume usage (if any) will be charged as per package plan. For more details please visit: http://nayatel.com/internet/home-packages/

For new orders or package up gradations please contact your sales account manager at sales@nayatel.com or call UAN: 111 11 44 44 Ext: 2 or visit: http://nayatel.com/apply_now.php

Best Regards,

NAYAtel Sales & Marketing Department
73-E GD Arcade Fazal Haq Road Blue area, Islamabad
Phone: 051-111 11 44 44 ( Please select option 2)
SMS: 0302-8555941
www.nayatel.com

[/quote]

Nayatel should expend more effort toward providing services in Islamabad Zones 4, 5 (various societies, Bahria and DHA phases, etc) and localities on/nearby Islamabad Expressway. That is a huge under served potential market which they can tap into.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to have any plans to expand into any other cities despite past rumors.

Got Nayatel installed at my home today. The service is exceptional in comparison to PTCL and perhaps also by any standards. Their 1900-0900 package should attract anybody. Asked the tech guy with their team and he infact confirmed that Nayatel are moving to other cities as well. It will be good.

4269825373.png

Faisalabad is confirmed becuase have seen job ad in newspaper. But initially they will provide in factory areas which would be Faisalabad-Sheikhopura road. Urban area will come next.

Yes, they are essentially a business, thus would grow in business linke manner. It nice to see that this company is expanding. The expansion will also be a test of their quality.

Nayatel is expanding to both; Faisalabad and Peshawar.

Ref: http://propakistani.pk/2015/08/28/nayatel-to-expand-its-ftth-broadband-services-to-faisalabad-and-peshawar/

After winning dominating market share in Islamabad and Rawalpindi, Nayatel has decided to expand its FTTH broadband services to Faisalabad and Pehsawar, we have checked with company officials.

Best known for its customer support and parallel broadband services, all thanks to its end-to-end fiber network with support for tens of Mbps speeds, Nayatel is considered as top choice for broadband services in twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

According to a company official, Nayatel has more than 25,000 corporate and home users in both the cities.

After covering Islamabad and major parts of Rawalpindi, company is now looking at expanding its services to Faisalabad, where the network roll out has begun already.

Wahaj-us-Siraj, CEO Nayatel, confirmed ProPakistani that Nayatel’s broadband services will be launched in Faisalabad by April 2016, while surveys for Peshawar are on the way and network roll out in Capital of KPK will start by year end.

Nayatel plans to replicate all of its service offerings in Faisalabad, including FTTH, telephony, cable TV, HD TV, video on demand and eCollaboration services.

Nayatel said that its roll-out in Faisalabad will be in phases with high ROI areas to be deployed before others — like it did in Islamabad and Rawalpindi — and hence commercial and dense residential areas are likely to get FTTH broadband soon after the launch. Company said that it is aiming to reach whole of Faisalabad but in phases and with time.

Despite various broadband technologies available in Pakistan, FTTH is considered the ultimate broadband technology due to low latency and optimum throughput rates. FTTH operators — in Pakistan and abroad — have succeeded in offering best broadband experience to users.

[/quote]

Considering Nayatel's pathetic coverage in Islamabad (when considering the entire area coverage of Islamabad currently comprising of five zones), I wonder how their rollout will go in Faisalabad and Peshawar and if they will forget Islamabad/Rawalpindi in their plans for expansion elsewhere.