Micronet/Nayatel DSL/FTTH news + queries + problems + solutions

honestly… I’d go for the digital channels STB. The only difference will be that one will be native 16:9 whilst the others will be 4:3 or letter-boxed.

But that’s just how I value it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yes it depends what TV set you are going to connect but it also depends on the choices of video out ports. if SD box has Component out then its great otherwise watching channels on composite won't make quality any better than regular cable. Im sure HD box will have both HDMI and Component thats why im gonna prefer it.

After struggling with PTCL DSL in my office for a long time, I finally folded in and got a Nayatel connection. I already have a Nayatel connection at home that too replaced a buggy PTCL DSL. The new ONT is made by Huawei and has a built-in Gigabit WiFi router with the usual ethernet, cable TV and two telephone ports and an accompanying UPS. Service is fantastic as usual.

Nayatel +2 PTCL - 2

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Dear Valued Customer,

Multiple main fiber cables of NAYAtel are involved in Metro Bus Project. The activity was supposed to commence in 2 to 3 days, however the cables are now due to be cut today by authorities and in order to avoid any inconvenience, an emergency fiber relocation activity has been arranged by NAYAtel.

This activity will start today (Wednesday, April 30th 2014 at 1800 PST). The duration of the activity will be of approximately 10 hours. During this activity three main cables of Blue Area, one of G6 and one of G7 will be shifted to alternate safe points.

If your Nayatel connection belongs to affected area, we regret to inform that you will experience complete outage of approximately 10 hours.

Please be noted that this is an unavoidable activity and cables need to be shifted urgently to avoid any major outage.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will try our level best to minimize the outage as much as possible. Meanwhile, your cooperation and understanding is required here.

Kind Regards,

Manager

NAYAtel Technical Assistance Center

Phone: 051-111 11 44 44

SMS: 0302-8555941

www.nayatel.com

[/quote]…

Dear Valued Customer,

NAYAtel’s customers in G-8, H-8, H-9 and I&T Center area of G-9 and G-10 along Kashmir Highway Islamabad will experience complete downtime on Monday 5th May 2014 from 2300 PST to 0900 PST (Tuesday 6th May 2014) as we are re-routing our Fiber Cables due to ongoing civil works of Metro Bus Project. NAYAtel customers in other areas may also face downtime during this emergency maintenance activity.

We are sorry for inconvenience and request your kind cooperation.

Kind Regards,

Manager

NAYAtel Technical Assistance Center

Phone: 051-111 11 44 44

www.nayatel.com

[/quote]

Dear Valued Customer,

We always aim to provide highest quality services to our customers at affordable and competitive prices. In line with this aim, we have been providing Video on Demand (iVOD) Pakistan’s first HD movie streaming service (http://vod.nayatel.com

Best Regards,

NAYAtel Marketing Department

[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote=“Asad, post:947, topic:52”]

Dear Valued Customer,

We always aim to provide highest quality services to our customers at affordable and competitive prices. In line with this aim, we have been providing Video on Demand (iVOD) Pakistan’s first HD movie streaming service (http://vod.nayatel.com

Best Regards,

:rolleyes:

[/quote]

Sigh…the end of a free era.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

In my opinion Rs. 250 per month is still practically free nowadays.

Censored movies and tv series....so no thanx im happy with torrents :)

The argument was about free vs paid, not content. Anyway to each his own.

[quote=“ShuAK, post:950, topic:52”]

Censored movies and tv series....so no thanx im happy with torrents :)

[/quote]

they did that on the request of the viewers; to make it safe for family viewing. Majority Rules!

[quote=“ali, post:952, topic:52”]

they did that on the request of the viewers; to make it safe for family viewing. Majority Rules!

[/quote]

We are all glad that you now feel safe watching Nick & NMX Kids with your family :P:D

No offense but comon enough of this "Watching with Family" crap. there was a time when we had just one Tv channel and we knew it was the most family friendly thing but it was 2 decades ago for crying out loud!

even Nick isn't safe(read Surakshit) for kids anymore.

But anyway... -_-

Dear Valued Customer,

We always aim at providing high quality services to our customers at affordable and competitive prices. In line with this aim, we have been providing Digital Cable TV Services to our valued customers without any additional monthly charges for last six years despite the fact that all other cable operators charge Rs. 200-300 per month per TV connected to a digital set top box (STB), in addition to regular analog cable TV charges of Rs. 400-500 per month. Keeping in view the increasing operational costs, it is not feasible for us anymore to keep offering Digital Cable TV services free of cost.

Our new rates for Digital Cable TV customers effective 01 June 2014 will be Rs. 200 per month in addition to Rs. 400 for normal Analog Cable TV services. To facilitate our customers, we have decided not to charge for each digital set top box but to apply these charges for up to four digital STBs per customer.

In summary, the new charges of Nayatel Cable TV services effective 01 June 2014 will be as follows:

o Analog Cable TV: Rs. 400, up to 4 TV sets (no increase)

o Digital Cable TV: Rs. 200 up to 4 TV sets (a digital STB is required for each TV)

o HD Cable TV: Rs. 200 per HDBox/TV (no increase)

For any clarification, please contact billing@nayatel.com or visit http://nayatel.com/cable-tv/digital/.

Best Regards,

73-E GD Arcade Fazal Haq Road Blue area

Phone: 051-111 11 44 44 ( Please select option 2)

www.nayatel.com

[/quote]

way to go NayaTel .. can anybody guess what's their next move? I'm expecting a CAP on NIGHT hours usage lol ...

[quote=“ShuAK, post:955, topic:52”]

[/quote]

damn regretting why I even bought those STBs from them ..

^^^and i was thinking of buying one.....dam i've waited so long to move to Nayatel and now they are pissing me off with all these sudden moves :angry:

[quote=“ShuAK, post:958, topic:52”]

^^^and i was thinking of buying one.....dam i've waited so long to move to Nayatel and now they are pissing me off with all these sudden moves :angry:

[/quote]

well at least you didn't waste 4K over that uber crap STB the only worth watching channel on it was BBC Lifestyle don't know where did it go but apart from that whole list is pretty much FTA don't know why would they even charge for that .. I remember before buying STBs I asked them precisely that would they ever start charging for it? they clearly said NO we won't hah silly me.

What a response!! (thats what I was looking for)

Dear Valued Customer,

Based on customer’s feedback, Nayatel has decided to postpone the decision of charging additional Rs. 150/month for Video on Demand – iVOD HD movie streaming service.

However, Live TV Services monthly charges, will remain applicable, i.e., Rs. 150/month w.e.f. 1st June as announced previously.

For more information about these services please contact sales@nayatel.com or visit http://live.nayatel.com and http://vod.nayatel.com.

Best Regards,

[/quote]