Micronet/Nayatel DSL/FTTH news + queries + problems + solutions

^ Initial burst...

Don't worry & Be happy! :rolleyes:

[quote=“ShuAK, post:839, topic:52”]

Hay ArsalanJ long time no see. Congrats bro :)

btw where do you live?

[/quote]

Thanks! My location is Chaklala Scheme-3.

Anybody else having trouble with Nayatel switching over from 1 MB to 7 MB at 8 pm? It seems that the IP address switches over from 115.x.x.x to 124.x.x.x without any issue but the time it takes the data to actually start coming is more than 5 minutes. So basically internet is practically disconnected 5 - 10 min every single day near 8 pm. Might happen at 8 am too but it's really noticeable and extremely annoying at 8 pm... It didn't always used to be this bad.

Try calling them and ask why.

Can you give the details of these packages here ?

[quote=“ihaider, post:843, topic:52”]

Anybody else having trouble with Nayatel switching over from 1 MB to 7 MB at 8 pm? It seems that the IP address switches over from 115.x.x.x to 124.x.x.x without any issue but the time it takes the data to actually start coming is more than 5 minutes. So basically internet is practically disconnected 5 - 10 min every single day near 8 pm. Might happen at 8 am too but it’s really noticeable and extremely annoying at 8 pm… It didn’t always used to be this bad.

[/quote]

Complain about it, when I had Nayatel I had a similar issue when the switch happened at 8pm/8am. My internet used to disconnect 3-5 times after 2min± again and again.

[quote=“ihaider, post:843, topic:52”]

Anybody else having trouble with Nayatel switching over from 1 MB to 7 MB at 8 pm? It seems that the IP address switches over from 115.x.x.x to 124.x.x.x without any issue but the time it takes the data to actually start coming is more than 5 minutes. So basically internet is practically disconnected 5 - 10 min every single day near 8 pm. Might happen at 8 am too but it’s really noticeable and extremely annoying at 8 pm… It didn’t always used to be this bad.

[/quote]

Yes, I also experience this issue but haven’t complained to their support because it is not such a big issue for me. If the speed of my package is getting increased 3-5 times at expense of this “disconnection” for 5 minutes, I have no issue :) I think this disconnection & reconnection of internet is related to their billing software because after 8pm, the speed is increased as well as the volume is not counted at all. In the logs, it shows zero bytes transfered during this time.

That 8pm switch issue is really quite annoying...when I was on their DSL the switch used to take only around half a minute but on Nayatel it takes anywhere form 5-10 minutes...

Well they fixed my issue and the switch than took only a few seconds.

Nayatel just forcefully replaced their Home 20 GB package with Home 20 GB Plus and raised the price from Rs 1999 to 2999 with negligible improvements:

old package:

Home 20 GB

1 Mbps from 8 am to 8 pm (20 GB volume)

7 Mbps from 8 pm to 8 am & Sunday

Rs 1999

new package:

Home 20 GB Plus

1 Mbps from 9 am to 7 pm (20 GB volume)

7 Mbps from 7 pm to 9 am & Sunday

Rs 2999

So for more than 50% price increase you still have 1 Mbps and 20 GB volume but you get 2 extra hours of the unlimited time (the morning one virtually useless for anyone that goes to office)...

As said before, Nayatel packages are utter crap. <_<

Should have made it 10 Mbps within the same timings of 8:00 PM to 8:00 AM...or something...

What the hell !

They increased Rs1000/- without even informing existing customers. I am using their 7MB home 20 package. Before only govt increases tariff this way now Nayatel.

It seems only the Home 20 GB got the price increase, I don't know about what other packages were before and whether they're affected...

Update: I talked to them and they claim that the Home 20 current package is still there, even though the website currently (as of this writing) shows Home 20 replaced by Home 20 Plus. So either they made a honest mistake on the website OR they backtracked some of the changes after people complained...OR the guy I talked to is plain wrong lol.

As far as I understood the Sales guy, the old package is valid (so far) for existing users; new users will have to opt for the new line up of offers.

So, none of google's services have been working apart from gmail. I can't seem to access google news, drive, maps, play. I've confirmed this from calling them, they said this time instead of blocking urls PTA has blocked IP's and apparently youtube and the rest of these services have the same IP?!

I can't even complain to PTA, their website doesn't open. As if it would have mattered...but still...

At work,all of these services are working on PTCL. I can't seem to understand this...

This is so annoying.

Have you tried changing your DNS settings and see if that improves anything?

Try Level 3's servers or OpenDNS or Google's very own servers.

I heard from another friend - who has Nayatel - that Google services don't work on it.

If none of that works, fire up a proxy or a VPN connection and voila!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You can avoid one time payment and go for installments of 2 years. Meaning Rs 1000 added to every month billing, so you have a good internet at Rs 2200 pm.