Micronet/Nayatel DSL/FTTH news + queries + problems + solutions

Nayatel is in my area. And I'm in Gulrez.

Money, however, prevents me from taking up Nayatel.

^^^Gulrez :o lucky you. take on installments then. Its not that much expensive anymore.

im in shahzad town which i believe have lot of potential but crap is they are only serving FARM HOUSES :blink:

LOL that made me laugh! Farmhouses...haha.

Shelling out 20k + 3000 for the wireless modem/initial cost is beyond my reach - considering my parents plan on moving to DHA II... and none of this is there - so I'd just have a very heavy paperweight financially worth 20k until Nayatel comes to DHA.

And PTCL's upcoming GPON is cheaper in some aspects... so...

Edit: inserted PTCL comment

I e-mailed them couple of months ago regarding their services in Chak Shahzad and reply was "sorry sir we are only providing our services to farm houses". i wasn't surprised but lil bit outraged. i mean what the hell is wrong with these companies. they can't even cover a small city like islamabad. :angry:

Anyway one time setup charges are 24k but if u go for installments then you have to pay 1k for 24 months. Other charges include: 3k installation and 2.5k wireless modem.

But yea if you plan on moving then leave it. Don't have high expectation from PTCL, it is tempting though, but it'll take centuries to reach your area.

[quote=“Bonhomie, post:812, topic:52”]

anybody know what make/model nayatel use for its digital cable service?

[/quote]

You mean STB they are providing for digital cable ?

before they were providing coship stb now they are providing skymedia STB with USB PVR

[quote=“ShuAK, post:820, topic:52”]

Its about time Nayatel should consider providing their services to WHOLE isb instead of catering Fs. :angry:

[/quote]

Ofcourse they should but it requires huge investment which they lack.

I asked the guy who heads their sales and marketing department (I personally know him) about how much it cost on your part for delivering service to single customer and he said let me give you an hint starting from how much it cost us for civil works alone that starts from 40,000 and can go beyond 80,000/- depending on the scenario and amount of digging required. He said this amount doesn’t include any hardware or cable cost.

Now you can imagine how resourcehog this whole thing can become if they think of stretching services to further areas but I’m hopeful that they will someday.

[quote=“multichoice, post:825, topic:52”]

You mean STB they are providing for digital cable ?

before they were providing coship stb now they are providing skymedia STB with USB PVR

[/quote]

Yes yes I was talking about STB, Can I get it from somewhere else for less than 5000/- ?

[quote=“Bonhomie, post:826, topic:52”]

Ofcourse they should but it requires huge investment which they lack.

I asked the guy who heads their sales and marketing department (I personally know him) about how much it cost on your part for delivering service to single customer and he said let me give you an hint starting from how much it cost us for civil works alone that starts from 40,000 and can go beyond 80,000/- depending on the scenario and amount of digging required. He said this amount doesn’t include any hardware or cable cost.

Now you can imagine how resourcehog this whole thing can become if they think of stretching services to further areas but I’m hopeful that they will someday.

[/quote]

Last I read, Nayatel had already recouped the infrastructure investment they did in laying the fiber.

I hope competition from PTCL GPON puts pressure on them to reduce costs to more reasonable rates for far more reasonable packages (unlimited like those from MBL).

A little change in Nayatel's Home Package

capturexq.png

Seems like pressure from the impending launch of PTCL GPON is already having an impact. :D

I hope that they further improve the packages and decrease the ONT cost.

Yeah looks like but nothing outstanding I mean after years of wait they give just little? so little ... :(

never mind its step towards betterment 5Mbps pretty much give speeds of 7Mbps and surely their 7Mbps would work like 9? hopefully and the best part is upload which always walk side by side. :rolleyes:

I guess the question is what exactly we can do with 7 Mbps. Right now on the 5 Mbps package I can get full speed for well seeded torrents. But try downloading a single file from Microsoft downloads or iTunes app store and I'll be lucky if I get even 2 Mbps. Not sure where the problem is (i.e. Nayatel back end, or PIE or Nayatel local servers that service various sectors) but it's definitely not at Microsoft or Apple's end. This didn't used to be like this. I could previously get a single connection file downloading from MS at full speed but for the past weeks/months this doesn't happen. If you call their tech support, it's completely useless and they will try to get you to download multiple files from different sites simultaneously. In that scenario, yes you will get your bandwidths worth. Also 5 Mbps connection is useless for YouTube HD and I'm pretty sure 7 Mbps will be too. Most HD files just don't stream properly and stay stuck there, and for this one I suspect the fault lies at PIE not Nayatel.

So 7 Mbps is only useful if you are downloading lots of well seeded torrents or you are willing and/or able to use a download manager (not possible with stuff like iTunes). And it's quite unfortunate that they are obsessed with sticking at 1 Mbps for daytime no matter what. Here's what the Nayatel package will probably look like five years from now:

1 Mbps daytime

100 Mbps 8 pm to 8 am and Sundays

[quote=“ihaider, post:832, topic:52”]

Here’s what the Nayatel package will probably look like five years from now:

1 Mbps daytime

100 Mbps Unlimited 8 pm to 8 am and Sundays

25GB monthly volume (download+upload)

[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote=“Bonhomie, post:829, topic:52”]

A little change in Nayatel’s Home Package

capturexq.png

[/quote]

So this explains why I’m getting 10Mbps downstream/upstream at night on my Home-15 (now Home-18) package. I guess they haven’t yet sorted out whose getting what speeds. I hope this confusion lasts for forever, and while their at it they “accidently” start giving me 10Mbps during daytime as well. Oh… life would be so much better that way ! :D

Although, I hope by posting this I don’t jinx it, coz I could really get used to getting 1~1.2MBps download speeds, especially after shifting from PTCL 4MB which never gave me over 420KBps downstream. A 4Mb downstream connection is supposed to give 512KBps and above you know. However in Nayatel’s case, 5MB means 10MB… go Nayatel ! :)

[quote=“imetamorphic, post:834, topic:52”]

So this explains why I’m getting 10Mbps downstream/upstream at night on my Home-15 (now Home-18) package. I guess they haven’t yet sorted out whose getting what speeds. I hope this confusion lasts for forever, and while their at it they “accidently” start giving me 10Mbps during daytime as well. Oh… life would be so much better that way ! :D

Although, I hope by posting this I don’t jinx it, coz I could really get used to getting 1~1.2MBps download speeds, especially after shifting from PTCL 4MB which never gave me over 420KBps downstream. A 4Mb downstream connection is supposed to give 512KBps and above you know. However in Nayatel’s case, 5MB means 10MB… go Nayatel ! :)

[/quote]

forever is too good to be true :P isn’t it?

actually you might know this already they uncap all their packages for eid festivals every year for about 5 or 6 days on both eids I recon and in that they bump every package to 10 mbps (down/up) so you can download all you want 24 hours for a week … Isn’t that awesome I mean its already is so I guess they might fix this glitch? or something sooner or later because the cap is back for day timings already.

& yeah they do give more than they advertise like I own 2 connections and both 3 mbps works like 6 mbps and the 5 mbps works like 7/8 mbps which is 10+ these days :D its mainly because of their impressive gigabit passive optical network I bet!

I got Nayatel a few days back and LOVING it :wub: . Here are speedtest results:

1815805786.png

I'm very impressed with upload speed especially. I have used PTCL Broadband and Wi-tribe in the past and they offer pathetic upload speeds. Like in my 1mbps package of wi-tribe, I was getting around 200-300 kb/s when uploading.

Nayatel has symmetric speeds. Download=Upload

Hay ArsalanJ long time no see. Congrats bro :)

btw where do you live?

1817242522.png

Im on the 3mb Nayatel package. I dont know why my upload just jumped to 12mb.