Micronet/Nayatel DSL/FTTH news + queries + problems + solutions

All posts relating to Micronet [DSL] and Nayatel [FTTH] service [in Islamabad/Rawalpindi] and any problems relating to it will be posted/discussed in this thread. Any Micronet [DSL] and Nayatel [FTTH] news, new service plans/packages or other info can be posted and shared through this thread.

Over the time, if something really useful is posted by anyone, I will add it to this first post so that solutions to common problems can be easily found.

================

= Helpful Information =

================

============================================================================

= Question | Post Number | Credit =

In view of PTCL's new rate of 512k @ 1200 Rs (unlimited). We expect that MBL will also make its packages unlimited.

Nayatel are currently digging up my street again, Maybe they didnt fully fit it last time.

Actually they are digging up most of my surrounding streets. Maybe a good time to go for a connection?

Is it Nayatel or the CDA duct project? I can see the CDA boards for the latter near my home.

what is CDA DUCT project.... I hav seen people digging near ptcl exchange and there was a board with CDA logo on it .

They are laying fiber ducts underground.

Any way, I urge ever MBL/Nayatel customer here to send an email at sales@REMOVEdsl.net.pk, billing@REMOVEdsl.net.pk and marketign@REMOVEdsl.net.pk to apprise them of the current situation with PTCL and ask them about any plans they might have for the future. Remove the 'REMOVE' part from the email addresses.

The CDA-Duct project was given to Worldcall to lay down fibre ducts in Islamabad. I think so far they've covered f-6 f-7 and f-8..and they're half way through f9 park.

Nopes its Nayatel, they have the Nayatel plastic yellow tape that they lay over the cables and then cover it with dirt. They seem to be making the DP right infront of my house. Ill talk to any Nayatel reps if they come by, so far only laborers have been around

the WC-CDA FO project is now running around F-11. They're upto F11/3. I dont expect too many great things from either.

Am happy with Nayatel atm, the 8-8 package + sunday is really cool. atleast it behaves like a dedicated connection through out the un-monitored time period.

They need a package update and lowering of prices or else some customers will start leaving them for LINKdotNET and PTCL.

^.."some customers"..... r u in those some :D

^ Depends...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

They need a package update and lowering of prices or else some customers will start leaving them for LINKdotNET and PTCL.
[/quote]

it remains to be seen if lnd (link dot net) could offer the tech support and after sales service that Micro/nayatel does.

ptcl forsure doesnt!

Even though both PTCL and LDN have released their unlimited packages, even a quick glance at their threads is enough to keep me at MBL. People getting lower speeds, and disconnections. Ive used MBL for 2+ years, im happy :D

MicroNet provide its customers with static ip address and i need to my know static ip how can i know becasue in connection setting its obtain ip address automatically.

I need this becasue i want to use port forwarding and i heard that i need to have static ip address in order to forward ports to it

MicroNet provide its customers with static ip address and i need to my know static ip how can i know becasue in connection setting its obtain ip address automatically.

I need this becasue i want to use port forwarding and i heard that i need to have static ip address in order to forward ports to it

[/quote]

do u have a router or r u directly coneecting with modem

if u have a router u will have to forward ports or use UPNP if u have a modem then u just need to open ports on ur computers or just turn off ur firewall

maybe if u posted what modem/router u have ppl in this forum might be able to help u

I dont know its router or modem but its name and model is as follow

Speed Tech 530 v6

Speed Tech 530 v6

[/quote]

ok i have researched on ur router/modem u just need to enable UPNP on ur router/modem and ur ports will be forwarded automatically

Speed Tech 530 v6

[/quote]

if u dont get a 512kbps downlink (if u’re on that package) with this modem get the absolute latest firmware. did wonders for me

if u dont get a 512kbps downlink (if u’re on that package) with this modem get the absolute latest firmware. did wonders for me
[/quote]

From where i can get the latest firmware and how can i install it myself without visiting the Micronet office. And how can i have the old Firmware backup so taht if i have problem i can switch back to old version.

I am getting avg speed of 45KB which is 30% less than 64KB which is a bit unfair