Mercury UPS ELITE650 PRO

I have Mercury UPS which i am using since last 4 years but now it seems that the inside battery is weak and the UPS goes off imminently after AC power failure. Can anyone tell me what kind of battery is required and do i need technician help or i can fix it myself. :)

Details are given below.

Mercury UPS ELITE650 PRO

pr_ups_elite650pro_s.jpg

http://www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=p-ups&subtitle=UPS&productid=987

12 v, 7 ah or 12 v, 9ah ... both footprint r same .. no u don't need nyone to change the battery .. just open the screws ... take out the dead battery n replace it with new one ... insert the red wire ov the ups with plus terminal ov the battery n black wire with minus sign ov the battery ... dont reverse this process or else u ll blow up the inverter ov the ups ...

[quote=“makhan, post:, topic:”]

I have Mercury UPS which i am using since last 4 years but now it seems that the inside battery is weak and the UPS goes off imminently after AC power failure. Can anyone tell me what kind of battery is required and do i need technician help or i can fix it myself. :)

Details are given below.

Mercury UPS ELITE650 PRO

pr_ups_elite650pro_s.jpg

http://www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=p-ups&subtitle=UPS&productid=987

[/quote]

My experience with csb battery is very good I replaced mine after 7 years, Buy it directly from distributer (In Lahore their office is in defence) 12V 7ah will cost you around Rs.1900

Or else you may unscrew the UPS and see which battery/brand was already installed ..........

[quote=“jamalkhan, post:3, topic:22032”]

My experience with csb battery is very good I replaced mine after 7 years, Buy it directly from distributer (In Lahore their office is in defence) 12V 7ah will cost you around Rs.1900

Or else you may unscrew the UPS and see which battery/brand was already installed ..........

[/quote]

I just replaced the original Mercury battery after using it for almost 4 years. I must say the Mercury is a decent brand.

I did not find time to search for original battery so this time i urgently purchase a Chinese 12V 7AH battery for Rs. 1400 and replaced it my self.

Mercury UPS ELITE650 Original Battery

Thanks for help guys. :)

[quote=“makhan, post:4, topic:22032”]

I just replaced the original Mercury battery after using it for almost 4 years. I must say the Mercury is a decent brand.

I did not find time to search for original battery so this time i urgently purchase a Chinese 12V 7AH battery for Rs. 1400 and replaced it my self.

Mercury UPS ELITE650 Original Battery

[/quote]

Where did you purchase it? When I had to replace mine I was offered a chinese battery at Rs.1200 but it is beleived that most of these cheap batteries with unknown brand are refurbished ones and won't last long that is why at that time I paid Rs.700 extra ........

by the way all these batteries (brand or no brand) are chinese ..........

The above image is original mercury battery which was dead. The new battery i purchased is some Chinese battery from a local UPS dealer nearby home.