Mcb visa prepaid card

Finally MCB has launched the much awaited VISA prepaid card.

Has anyone used it. I wanted to know if it works online or not? MCB guys are saying that it can be used online with out any session activation.

http://mcb.com.pk/ps...isa_prepaid.asp

these cards will only works with online shops which are accepting int'l billing address

can i order one not as MCB regular customer/account holder?

[quote=“jhonjjj, post:, topic:”]

Finally MCB has launched the much awaited VISA prepaid card.

Has anyone used it. I wanted to know if it works online or not? MCB guys are saying that it can be used online with out any session activation.

http://mcb.com.pk/ps…isa_prepaid.asp

mcbvisacard.jpg

[/quote]

Saying prepaid, is bullshiit and making fool which banks often do. Actually, these are debit cards. Debit cards are limited to maximum amount of credit available in your bank account. You have a bank account in MCB, you can have this prepaid (debit) card.

(Credit card is actually a postpaid card, saying in the language of MCB bank)

[quote=“armada, post:2, topic:16565”]

these cards will only works with online shops which are accepting int’l billing address

can i order one not as MCB regular customer/account holder?

[/quote]

Nope. It is necessary to have a bank account to use this card.

@blogger for your info

its real Prepaid Card it can be reload anytime at any MCB brand (they are not mentioning it as credit card on their web Page)

you can get even if you are not MCB account holder

Billing address will be of Issuance branch

Source: made phone call to local MCB branch

[quote=“armada, post:4, topic:16565”]

@blogger for your info

its real Prepaid Card it can be reload anytime at any MCB brand (they are not mentioning it as credit card on their web Page)

you can get even if you are not MCB account holder

Billing address will be of Issuance branch

Source: made phone call to local MCB branch

[/quote]

yes thats true…

Source: website, terms and conditions…

Does it work online or not? And what is the procedure to get one? I already have a MCB account

is it similar like UBL Wiz Card. They are charging me 300 rs. per transaction. So UBL WIZ CARD is now worthless. Do MCB visa prepaid card charges any transaction fee?

At this page it says "Online shopping with Visa acceptance."

[quote=“alamode, post:6, topic:16565”]

Does it work online or not? And what is the procedure to get one? I already have a MCB account

[/quote]

Yup. It works. And it should work online everywhere where VISA is accepted. If you have bank account in MCB, no worries. Just visit the bank and ask them to issue you this card. But in that case, they will open another account for your card in which you can deposit money and use it via card. (system of debit card)

[quote=“saadmubeen, post:7, topic:16565”]

is it similar like UBL Wiz Card. They are charging me 300 rs. per transaction. So UBL WIZ CARD is now worthless. Do MCB visa prepaid card charges any transaction fee?

[/quote]

Yup. It is similar to UBL Wiz Card, more or less. They shall charge you for transactions. (Read Terms and Conditions No. 8 (a))

@armada and Mazahyr: You both should read Terms and Conditions No. 6 mentioned by the bank. (In simple wording, card works with the card account opened in the bank by the bank authorities. And in the system of banking, when you pay in advance, you debit the bank i.e. you are allowed to use the amount of money you have debited the bank with.)

Only available in Karachi and Lahore? Is that a JOKE?

http://mcb.com.pk/uploads/MCB_VISA/docs/Prepaid_Designated_Branches.pdf

If anyone has issued it, can you confirm if it works on Facebook or not?

[quote=“blogger, post:9, topic:16565”]

Yup. It works. And it should work online everywhere where VISA is accepted. If you have bank account in MCB, no worries. Just visit the bank and ask them to issue you this card. But in that case, they will open another account for your card in which you can deposit money and use it via card. (system of debit card)

[/quote]

I dont understand… Why would they open another account for me when i already have an account with money in it?

Nup my mother is using the MCB Bank Account.I'm using the United Bank Limited.

Facebook doesnt accept any kind of debit card. Atleast from Pakistan!! They dont even accept standard chartered's debit card and even ubl wiz is not accepted there. Payment is declined by facebook or may be by the card provider for debit card.

they maybe accept only some specified country billing addresses you have to check with them