MCB - Bank Wire Transfer/NTN Issue

AOA all,

1. I need some serious suggestion regarding an issue. I have been receiving my freelance payment via 2checkout bank wire transfer to my MCB bank. But last month my bank guys asked me to provide source of earnings, I told them that I am a freelancer and I have an online web portal for website design services and I receive payment from 2checkout payment gateway. But they are now not processing my bank wire transfer and asking me to have NTN because 2checkout is not mentioning why they are sending bank wire transfer.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks.

Usman

You should file your income tax return for last two years to get your name on Active Tax Payer List. Once you file your return for the last two years your name will be on the Active Tax Payer list and your NIC no. will be your NTN number and your issue would be resolved.

Salman,

Thanks for your advise.

Can you please guide me how can I file my income tax returns? And how much time this process will take?

Thanks.

To file your income tax, you better consult with a lawyer OR any known person who is already paying tax.

Alternate Solution : Stop using a S#!t bank like MCB, run by a known fugitive (Mian Muhammad Mansha) :P, next time they ask you about the NTN tell them to show them their owner NTN number and his charge sheet (Stupid AH@l3s)

[quote=", post:3, topic:22460"]

Salman,

Thanks for your advise.

Can you please guide me how can I file my income tax returns? And how much time this process will take?

Thanks.

[/quote]

I am a registered tax payer and also on the active tax payer list (ATL). Before anything, you need to be registered as a tax payer. Nowadays it’s very easy and can be done online without the need to go to a regional tax office (RTO) or hire professional help. For details on registering as a tax payer click http://www.fbr.gov.pk/ShowArticle.aspx?view=Article&ActionID=952&ArticleID=.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

After you have registered as a tax payer, you would be issued a national tax number (NTN). The next step is to file your income tax return and if you do it online you also get on to the ATL that carries additional benefits like reduced rates of WHT deduction. To file your income tax return online, go to https://e.fbr.gov.pk and select e-enroll to receive your user ID and password to the Internal Revenue Information System (IRIS). Once you receive the above info, login to IRIS, file and submit your income tax return. ATL is updated once a month (after the 15th of each month) and if you are in time for the next update, your NTN will be included and your problem solved. You can also check ATL status by texting ATL space your 13 figure CNIC No. to 9966. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing such a useful source of information with us it will really help us...