Maxcom DSL news + queries + problems + solutions

I think it is only a matter of time before MaxCom's tariff is re adjusted but I fear a loss in QOS as some have pointed out here. Getting DSL was a result of my painful experience with other forms of internet connections, Dial up, VPTCl, and the infamous 'cablenet'. Life has been good so far. No break ups. No let downs. DSL gave me what others couldn't. A consistent and predictable download schedule. :)

So you guys really think Maxcom will match L.N and PTCL????

Yeap Ofcourse.

They have to survive don't they! I just hope they hurry.

Please keep predictions and speculations to a minimum. It achieves no purpose whatsoever. Just wait for them to announce any changes.

Roger that sah! I hope whatever anyone comes up with, gives users the best and adds a little more competition in the market..

MAXCOM is god-father of internet bandwidth here in Karachi soon to be all over Pakistan.

Five months before, I disconnected MAXCOM just because of their of hype prices but I didn't terminate MAXCOM completely as I was waiting for MAXCOM to reduce their prices. 4months no action from MAXCOM but still I didn't go for applying others. With the event of LDN MAXCOM came in action, but this time I am to not wait this much. Now they do need to revise their prices or to introduce some new offers.

I HOPE THAT MAXCOM WILL BE UPGRADING THEIR PACKAGES IN THIS MONTH OR COMING MONTH. ALI (MASKATIYA) YOU MUST DO SOMETHING. I THINK WE SHOULD GIVE TWO MONTHS TIME PERIOD FOR MAXCOM TO TAKE ACTION OR ELSE YOU KNOW.

I suggest MAXCOM to go for introducing a special offer only valid for its old customers, that will be after using their service at least for 1year, user have option to opt for speed offer or discount.

The discount offer will attract more and more users whereas, I heard that MAXCOM faces some problem(s) when they introduce doubling speed offer last year but I think they are more stable then before so they can try it once more.

But this kinda offers needs time, but don't worry MAXCOM take your time and make a difference soon.

I called maxcom today...and ask for new packages...he said they will not upgrade... : (

Dont know ...maybe ill switch..

I am with you too DaPakiGuy if MAXCOM is not planning to do something special then I will switch to PTCL too.

Even though, I am great great fan of MAXCOM.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hey, 512k DSL has dropped to 1200 for PTCL and LDN as well. What’s MAXCOM doing? Where are their CSRs? I recall Mr. Maskatiya being a member here as well!
[/quote]

won’t it be quite hard for them, in less then a month they’re being asked n expected to do a second revision of prices (1st when LDN announced it rates , 2nd now that ptcl slashed it rates)

I am with you too DaPakiGuy if MAXCOM is not planning to do something special then I will switch to PTCL too.

[/quote]

I agree with you though I may go the L.N route. Why are you leaning more towards PTCL??

won’t it be quite hard for them, in less then a month they’re being asked n expected to do a second revision of prices (1st when LDN announced it rates , 2nd now that ptcl slashed it rates)
[/quote]

I honestly do know it will be hard for ME to pay them more when I know i can get a lot more bandwidth with the likes of L.N and/or PTCL and/or Wateen

[/quote]

Totaly agree with this comments of urs ^^

their service always high quality…customer support is gr8… i have no prb with them : )

News from Maxcom Sales Department

I just called them and here's a part of my discussion with the CSR

Me: I want to know if Maxcom is revising the rates after PTCL and LDN's announcements

CSR: No we are not going to revise our packages again since we dont want to compromise on service and contention ratios.. Both PTCL and LDN have increased the contention ratios per client in order to decrease the rates. We are not going to do that

Comments?

Of course they increased the contention ratios to cater for the higher speeds at lower prices.

just got maxcom 512home package. not happy with the torrent speeds

downloads hardly go above 20kBps and uploads are fine. nearing 30kBps. but i was hoping for better. because i get 30kBps up/down on worldcall256home.

though i should mention that the http downloads reach 80kBps

I agree with you though I may go the L.N route. Why are you leaning more towards PTCL??
[/quote]

Because of two reasons:-

1)As I heard PTCL is going fine from some of my friends.

2)Polls between LDN and PTCL on wccftech, PTCL have more votes.

just got maxcom 512home package. not happy with the torrent speeds

downloads hardly go above 20kBps and uploads are fine. nearing 30kBps. but i was hoping for better. because i get 30kBps up/down on worldcall256home.

[/quote]

No man, on MAXCOM’s 512K you should be getting 40-50KB or else there is some problem on your side as right now I am having 256K having avg. speed of 25.5kB.

alright, i'll call them. and i just noticed that ftp downloads from their server slows down my browsing speeds u.u

but that doesnt really matter to me, i rarely watch movies or tv shows n.n

torrents are fine now. i just set up a static ip.

Of course they increased the contention ratios to cater for the higher speeds at lower prices.
[/quote]

But even if i get less than 80k with a pathetic ratio of 1:15 using LDN/PTCL 1mbps connection, its still be a better speed than Maxcom’s 512k for the same price